Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- rascalli - 2010-08-19

fillidill Wrote:One more thing. I can't seem to get the userscript for greasemonkey in firefox to work.
I got it from here http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/82148

The popup shows up but when I click on it it's just a white popup and nothing are added to the wanted movies-list.

Please have a look in the script if you ahve set teh right parameters for your coouchpotato. I am not using the default ip & port

so that gave me the problem that things are not added, after changing to the right IP & port everything was solved

- alshain - 2010-08-19

Dramamine Wrote:Nice work, Ruud. I haven't quite set it fully up yet, but it's looking good.

I have an idea.
I'm just setting up Couch Potato and I'm using the Apple Movie Trailers Lite plugin in XBMC. It would be really great if there was a "download" button in the contextual menu for the movies in the AMT plugin which activates a script or something that just loads the info (which is available anyway) into Couch Potato.

Could that be done? Smile

This is an interesting idea, however, it would require a manual hack of the Apple Trailers script that will be undone once a new version is released. Unfortunately, XBMC's plugin system is very rigid and does not allow for plugins to hook other plugins.

- fillidill - 2010-08-19

rascalli Wrote:Please have a look in the script if you ahve set teh right parameters for your coouchpotato. I am not using the default ip & port

so that gave me the problem that things are not added, after changing to the right IP & port everything was solved

That was indeed the problem, thanks! Big Grin

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-19

Torrents are limited at the moment.
The Userscript can be found via the Settings Wink

- Necromancyr - 2010-08-19

RuudBurger Wrote:What doesn't make sense? TC/TS are searched while the movie is in theaters and a few weeks before that.

Nix my questions - got it. I didn't realize you needed to set a custom quality to have it do the multi version thing. And then remove/readd everything to reset the quality. Would be nice to have a drop down or option to do that without having to readd everything.

- Flomaster - 2010-08-20

question about trailers...

how can I have my movie library refresh and use the local trailer after its been downloaded for existing movies I have in my database..

example: I have CP scan my movie dir for new trailers it finds then and downloads then, but xbmc still uses trailers from the web not my local trailer.

if I refresh that movie only via the info button and play the trailer it will play it from the hard drive

-=Jason=-

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-20

I think XBMC only does a "hard refresh" when you do it per movie.
If you want to refresh your full library, you have to delete it in XBMC and then re-add it, I think. But you can better search the forum for this, as I don't know for sure.

- akuiraz - 2010-08-20

Flomaster Wrote:question about trailers...

how can I have my movie library refresh and use the local trailer after its been downloaded for existing movies I have in my database..

example: I have CP scan my movie dir for new trailers it finds then and downloads then, but xbmc still uses trailers from the web not my local trailer.

if I refresh that movie only via the info button and play the trailer it will play it from the hard drive

-=Jason=-

Check out XBMC Web Media Manager, get the svn version for more support if using Dharma nightlies... I've been using this to modify the trailer url for each movie. Just replace the URL with the path to the trailer + filename. (ie. C:\MOVIES\Movie Name\Movie Name-trailer.ext )

works perfectly for me...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

- Flomaster - 2010-08-23

akuiraz Wrote:Check out XBMC Web Media Manager, get the svn version for more support if using Dharma nightlies... I've been using this to modify the trailer url for each movie. Just replace the URL with the path to the trailer + filename. (ie. C:\MOVIES\Movie Name\Movie Name-trailer.ext )

works perfectly for me...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643
edit: OMG....

I can access this just like I do with Sab, CP, Sick.... so freaking RAD

-=Jason=-

- danz0l - 2010-08-24

OK this is all installed and working as it should but i have problems with renaming.

The movie downloaded, couchPotato renamed and moved the file as i expected but i couldn't then edit it through my shares. I assumed rightly that it was an ownership problem so chowned the file to XBMC and all was fine. This led me rightly to thinking that couchPotato was running as root and would give me similiar problems each time it renamed a file so i looked for a solution. This was easy, edit the couchpotato script in init.d and set the user as xbmc instead of root

PHP Code:
# Provides:          CouchPotato application instance
# Required-Start:    $all
# Required-Stop:     $all
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: starts instance of CouchPotato
# Description:       starts instance of CouchPotato using start-stop-daemon
### END INIT INFO

############### EDIT ME ##################
# path to app
APP_PATH=/home/xbmc/.couchpotato

# path to python bin
DAEMON=/usr/bin/python

# startup args
DAEMON_OPTS=" CouchPotato.py -q"

# script name
NAME=couchpotato

# app name
DESC=CouchPotato

# user
RUN_AS=xbmc

PID_FILE
=/var/run/couchpotato.pid

############### END EDIT ME ################## 
Saved and rebooted and no couchpotato Sad Is it to do with the pid file ownership creation rights perhaps ? I'd like all the renamed content to be owned by xbmc so it can be used on my shares.

- darkscout - 2010-08-24

danz0l Wrote:OK this is all installed and working as it should but i have problems with renaming.

Does
sudo invoke-rc.d couchpotato start

start couchpotato?

Have you updated used update-rc.d?

- danz0l - 2010-08-24

darkscout Wrote:Does
sudo invoke-rc.d couchpotato start

start couchpotato?

Have you updated used update-rc.d?

I was wondering about that. I ran initially, or still am actually, as root as its default. If i change username do i need to update rc.d and if so how ? Sorry bit of a linux newb.

- darkscout - 2010-08-24

danz0l Wrote:I was wondering about that. I ran initially, or still am actually, as root as its default. If i change username do i need to update rc.d and if so how ? Sorry bit of a linux newb.

So it runs as root, but not as xbmc? If all you're doing is editing the file then you don't need to update rc.d (it just creates symbolic links).

- danz0l - 2010-08-24

darkscout Wrote:So it runs as root, but not as xbmc? If all you're doing is editing the file then you don't need to update rc.d (it just creates symbolic links).

Yes as soon as i change the user from root to xbmc and reboot couchpotato stops working. Yes works perfectly as root. Wouldn't be a huge problem if it wasn't for root taking ownership of renamed files in couchpotato Sad

- darkscout - 2010-08-24

sudo chmod -R xbmc /home/xbmc/
?