Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- danz0l - 2010-08-24

darkscout Wrote:sudo chmod -R xbmc /home/xbmc/
?

That wont help, all of xbmc, in fact all of /home/xbmc is owned by xbmc anyway Sad

- danz0l - 2010-08-25

alshain Wrote:[UPDATE]
New renaming features:
<original> to get the original filename without the extension
<audio> represents the audio codec if it is indicated in the filename, else 'unknown'
<video> represents the video codec else 'unknown'
<group> represents the releasegroup if the file is named like *-GROUP.ext else: 'unknown'

Codecs:
DTS, AC3, AC3D, MP3
x264, XviD, DivX

Use Case: There are hardware players that cannot playback DTS audio without the help of an external decoder. (Using XBMC you can achive that using smart playlists (video plugins))
The group and video codec are just here for completeness' sake.

Is there anyway not to have <video> and <audio> not output <unknown> if it doesn't know what format these are in ?

Also the filename Three.Amigos.1986.DVDRip.XviD.INTERNAL-GZP

Was renamed to

!Three Amigos! {1986).DVD-Rip.unknown.unknown.avi

Didn't catch the Xvid tags

AH looking at the code i think this might be a case sensitive issue ?

videoCodecs = ['x264', 'DivX', 'XViD']

So wouldn't find Xvid perhaps ?

EDIT@ Bugger, edited the file and added 'Xvid' and saved and renaming stopped working. Restored from backup, rebooted and still not working at all. Seems its fired by an internal cron but doesnt appear to be running now. Any ideas ? User name of file is xbmc

- mwkurt - 2010-08-25

Hi Guys!

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer for me. I have Couchpotato happily running on my main server pc (Computer A). I currently have another HTPC (Computer B) that is connected to the server. Is there a way for me to connect to CP on my server (computer A) using my HTPC (computer B) so that I can enter videos to download in CP as my server (Computer A) will be headless and in a closet? If so what do I need to install and/or do to be able to do this?
Thanks,
Mark

- danz0l - 2010-08-25

mwkurt Wrote:Hi Guys!

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer for me. I have Couchpotato happily running on my main server pc (Computer A). I currently have another HTPC (Computer B) that is connected to the server. Is there a way for me to connect to CP on my server (computer A) using my HTPC (computer B) so that I can enter videos to download in CP as my server (Computer A) will be headless and in a closet? If so what do I need to install and/or do to be able to do this?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, assuming they are both on the same network, wouldn't you just bring up the CouchPotato web interface on your HTPC (computer B), adding the titles you want that will then download using the running CouchPotato on your computer (computer A), specifing the headless computers LAN address i.e.

http://192.168.1.7:8080 <- obviously the lan ip of your headless computer running CouchPotato and the port

Also if you run firefox adding the userscript really makes a huge difference, even my wife can add films now from her computer that she would like downloaded Smile

- mwkurt - 2010-08-25

Hi DanzO|

I tried the ip address and port number of the server and the browser didn't pick it up. I only tried it once, so I'll give it another try later today.
I am using firefox, what userscript are you referring to?

Thanks,
Mark

- danz0l - 2010-08-25

mwkurt Wrote:Hi DanzO|

I tried the ip address and port number of the server and the browser didn't pick it up. I only tried it once, so I'll give it another try later today.
I am using firefox, what userscript are you referring to?

Thanks,
Mark

Mmmm if its on the same lan it should work, well does here.

The userscript is a script running under greasemonkey addon for firefox. This allows you to go to IMDB and add movies your interested to to CouchPotato. It basically brings up a link on any movie page and allows you to set options for its search and download. Very handy Smile You'll find the script link in the setup of CouchPotato under userscript.

- Thomaseh - 2010-08-25

Is there any way to add my own trackers? Or doesnt I quite understand how this works with torrents?
Basicly what I want to do is:
1. Type in the movies I want
2. Have CouchPotato automaticly download the torrent files from a tracker.
3. Have my torrent client auto start downloads from a specific dir.

- rascalli - 2010-08-26

Thomaseh Wrote:Is there any way to add my own trackers? Or doesnt I quite understand how this works with torrents?
Basicly what I want to do is:
1. Type in the movies I want
2. Have CouchPotato automaticly download the torrent files from a tracker.
3. Have my torrent client auto start downloads from a specific dir.

At this moment I believe it only looks/works with The Pirate Bay

* So you add your movie
* It finds the movie
* Downloads the .torrent into your watch dir
* Your client grabs the .torrent from teh watch dir

So basicly just like you want

- danz0l - 2010-08-26

Mmmmm still can't get renaming to work again Sad Was working, altered a file, saved and now its not Sad I've even restored the entire backup but the cron just isn't firing.

Oh renaming is working, its copying the files to the other drive but not deleting the old ones, thus there are two copies. If i move the new ones to another location it copies them again. Thats weird.

- Thomaseh - 2010-08-26

rascalli Wrote:At this moment I believe it only looks/works with The Pirate Bay

* So you add your movie
* It finds the movie
* Downloads the .torrent into your watch dir
* Your client grabs the .torrent from teh watch dir

So basicly just like you want

Basicly what I want...
But I can't get it to work :-p I add movies, but it doesnt download any torrent file or anything :o

edit: okay, I am a freaking noob, it downloads the torrent file, but my torrent program is the next thing to worry about :-p

- Adam B. - 2010-08-26

How often does cron run? Can I force it to run automatically?

I'd like to test to renaming/moving function, but I have yet to see it try on a completed movie.

- Xeijin - 2010-08-26

Does anyone know how I can "Save" a Custom Quality? I fill it out, but there is no submit button. If I click the Overall "Save" button in the bottom right corner it just closes the settings dialog and my custom quality is not created...

Edit: Nevermind, seems rebooting CouchPotato fixed it.

- Adam B. - 2010-08-26

Adam B. Wrote:How often does cron run? Can I force it to run automatically?

I'd like to test to renaming/moving function, but I have yet to see it try on a completed movie.

It appears the my problem is that my library doesn't have a folder for each movie, so I didn't anything in "Folder Naming" in the settings.

It looks like I'll be changing my library structure to support this. Oo

- Xeijin - 2010-08-27

Adam B. Wrote:It appears the my problem is that my library doesn't have a folder for each movie, so I didn't anything in "Folder Naming" in the settings.

It looks like I'll be changing my library structure to support this. Oo

Hmm, I have my library setup with a folder structure and it still doesn't work for me...

One thing I'm not sure about. CouchPotato asks for the path to where sabnzbd downloads movies AND the path where you want the movies moved.

However, I have Sab directly download movies into my Movies folder so CouchPotato doesnt need to move anything anywhere, but I still want it to rename...I have filled in both fields identically but it doesnt seem to work.

Anyone else in a similar predicament?

- Nick8888 - 2010-08-27

Xeijin - Couchpotato needs to know where sabnzbd's completed folder is and also where you wish for them to be forever.

i.e. three folders:

sabnzbd incomplete folder > sabnzbd complete folder > your movies folder