Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- RuudBurger - 2010-09-08

ThePirateBay doesn't work for me at all.. so think it's down.

- pummra - 2010-09-08

When I look on the log page, I can't see any reference for the search even happening. Even if I do a force search. It just looks for updated movie information, nothing else.

- brotbuexe - 2010-09-08

great app.

feature request:
- change quality of added movies (quick enable disable a quality by click on the items in the list)
I first search for 1080p, and for some movies I later decide that I can live with a 720p.
- userscript for hd-trailers.net
- userscript with singleclick (use the default quality).

- Flomaster - 2010-09-08

brotbuexe Wrote:great app.

feature request:
- change quality of added movies (quick enable disable a quality by click on the items in the list)
I first search for 1080p, and for some movies I later decide that I can live with a 720p.
- userscript for hd-trailers.net
- userscript with singleclick (use the default quality).

you can create customs qualities: I use one that grabs 720P first if none are found it looks for 1080P

now if I want a movie is 1080P I select 1080P when adding it to my Que.

and the find trailers DOES use HD-Trailers.net as its source for trailers

maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at if so sorry

-=Jason=-

- Necromancyr - 2010-09-10

Hrm...things still working properly for people? I'm using NZBs.org and i'm definitely NOT finding things that should be found - or am I mistaken in thinking that having the days to look for a better release set to 0 means keep looking forever?

(Note that it's not finding 720p releases, basically...)

Updated Install Guide - openam - 2010-09-10

daz1uk Wrote:I love couch potato, I think it's great. But one thing that's really annoying me now is that no matter what I try I cant get couch potato to start on boot Sad

I used this guide to set it up http://www.mstuttle.com/2010/07/27/couchpotato/ and everything works great apart from starting on boot.

Please help.

Sorry I guess I left out a few steps for the start on boot part. I have updated that guide, and now it works like a charm. I just hadn't rebooted that machine since I had installed couchpotato. Gotta love linux.

- compcentral - 2010-09-10

Flomaster Wrote:and the find trailers DOES use HD-Trailers.net as its source for trailers

maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at if so sorry
-=Jason=-

Yeah... I think he meant creating a userscript (like the imdb one) to allow you to select movies for download in CP from the hd-trailers.net website.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-10

OIC... that would be pretty kewl

-=Jason=-

- Bigmonty - 2010-09-11

I have a problem whereby I have about 7 or so wanted movies in my list however whenever it does a search it only searches for the last movie I added to the list.

Any ideas?

Cheers

- Necromancyr - 2010-09-11

OK, the Karate Kid definitely isn't coming up in searches when I KNOW the 720p is on certain sites (and I have both the NZB sites populated/setup correctly). Same with Iron Man 2. (or as BR-Rips)

- Nick8888 - 2010-09-11

CP got Iron Man 2 for me off nzbmatrix fine. I haven't had any problems with nzbmatrix at all.

IRON MAN 2 not found with CP - sverzijl - 2010-09-12

Necromancyr Wrote:OK, the Karate Kid definitely isn't coming up in searches when I KNOW the 720p is on certain sites (and I have both the NZB sites populated/setup correctly). Same with Iron Man 2. (or as BR-Rips)

Same here, I added/readded Iron man 2 (720P) and even now CouchPotato is unable to find it on nzbs.org, while it is certainly available on there (in different 720p releases).
Although I love the app/idea, can it still be trusted to find the movies I'm looking for this way?

[edit] Added Karate Kid (1984) 720p as well and this works fine though. Just not Iron man 2

[edit 2] Deleted (well, renamed) data.db / restarted CP / added Iron man 2 (into empty db) -> now it works!

Before renaming data.db there was no single entry in the log about CP trying to find the movie on nzbs.org, how come?

[edit 3] Seems indeed to only search for last movie added when you do a forced search. It searches nzbs.org when you add a movie for the first time, but after that never again apart from the last movie in the list.

[edit 4] When setting your computer's date ahead (e.g. jan 2011) it does scan for all movies, which leads me to believe it will only scan again for the movies when it reaches the DVD release ETA which it gets at videoeta.com. If this is the case, any way to disable this videoeta stuff?

- revned - 2010-09-12

Same problem here. Ik have a list of 15 movies, but it only searches for the last one. I deleted data.db, restarted CP and created a new list, but it still only searches for the last movie. Sad

Mobile version of CouchPotato - openam - 2010-09-12

Is there a mobile version of CouchPotato? I'm thinking something similar to SABnzbd+ with the http://domain.com:theport/sabnzbd/m url. It would be really nice to be able to add movies on the go.

Is the webpage currently generated by python scripts, or is there an HTML/CSS page that I could just modify to make me mobile version?

- Flomaster - 2010-09-12

I use CP on my droid, i set up a DynDns account and I just log in using my droids web browser

-=Jason=-