Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- hermy65 - 2010-10-06

i removed the http:// and now this is what i get

Cant seem to get it to display the page not found anymore now though...

- darkscout - 2010-10-06

Any Cydia developers out there? I would LOVE this feature, however it'd need to support 'off line' recording somehow since I only have an iPod Touch and not a phone.

I did this last night with one of the price comparison apps. Walked through Walmart scanning barcodes. Came home and synced it and got the movie name.

- Flomaster - 2010-10-06

hermy65 Wrote:i removed the http:// and now this is what i get

odd I get the option to pick my quality

-=Jason=-

- Flomaster - 2010-10-06

fak....

was trying to put the ```` key back on my keyboard and ended up making a post

- Therms - 2010-10-06

I'm making good progress on .nfo creation, fanart downloading, and XBMC updating. Just got done hacking on it for several hours.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I should auto-pick the fanart to download? Right now, I'm thinking I'll just go for the largest resolution and then largest filesize.

- Bobb25 - 2010-10-06

Adam B. Wrote:I've updated the app (link here) with the ability to search by scanning a barcode.

RuudBurger: Do you mind putting a link to that post on the main page so people can find it more easily?

Edit: It appears UPC scanning could use a bit more work. UPCDatabase.com does not contain a complete database of UPC codes. I'll have to seek other sources for the data.

Its a pity you can't integrate it with a Google Goggles type search. That might be more successful than the UPCDatabase. I tried 6 or 7 DVD's and none of them were in the database.

- Nick8888 - 2010-10-06

Therms Wrote:I'm making good progress on .nfo creation, fanart downloading, and XBMC updating. Just got done hacking on it for several hours.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I should auto-pick the fanart to download? Right now, I'm thinking I'll just go for the largest resolution and then largest filesize.

Are you able to choose the one from themoviedb.org with the highest rating / most votes?

Android app in separate thread - eloo - 2010-10-06

Hi,

Perhaps the MobileCouch should be in a sep. thread on the forum, with a link from post number 1.
And I love the the android app, any chance to get it on the Market so we can easily upgrade?

Regards,
Ole

- danz0l - 2010-10-06

Nick8888 Wrote:Are you able to choose the one from themoviedb.org with the highest rating / most votes?

That would be the perfect solution Smile

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-06

I think the top one is the best rated.
Also, could you contact me when your almost done? So I can integrate it in the main build?

And for the Android app, I love that people working on stuff connected to CP!
But wouldn't a general smartphone webinterface be a better solution? Will think of something once I'm done with subtitles. The barcode connection is nice, but country based and as someone said above kinda limited. Easily be able to type in the movie name would be just as easy.

- Adam B. - 2010-10-06

Bobb25 Wrote:Its a pity you can't integrate it with a Google Goggles type search. That might be more successful than the UPCDatabase. I tried 6 or 7 DVD's and none of them were in the database.

I haven't found many that weren't in the database. Have you downloaded the most recent version? I've implemented UPC lookups from another source?

If you are on the most recent version, can you post the UPC's?

- Adam B. - 2010-10-06

hermy65 Wrote:i removed the http:// and now this is what i get

Are you using authentication on your couchpotato? Try disabling it and see if it works. I saw something similar on my finance's droid.

- Adam B. - 2010-10-06

eloo Wrote:Hi,

Perhaps the MobileCouch should be in a sep. thread on the forum, with a link from post number 1.
And I love the the android app, any chance to get it on the Market so we can easily upgrade?

Regards,
Ole

I'll start a separate thread today.

I've been thinking about putting it in the market, but wasn't sure if I wanted it associated with my real name...

- Adam B. - 2010-10-06

Please continue any discussion of the MobileCouch app in this thread.

- Therms - 2010-10-06

Nick8888 Wrote:Are you able to choose the one from themoviedb.org with the highest rating / most votes?

I didn't think the TMDB API exposed this information, but now that RuudBerger says...

RuudBurger Wrote:I think the top one is the best rated.

I'll look into that. If he's right, then I think you're right, the one auto-picked should be the one that's highest rated. I will probably make it so you can specify a resolution if you want so that it will be the highest rated one at that resolution.

RuudBurger Wrote:Also, could you contact me when your almost done? So I can integrate it in the main build?

Yeah, I'll let you know.

RuudBurger Wrote:And for the Android app, I love that people working on stuff connected to CP!
But wouldn't a general smartphone webinterface be a better solution? Will think of something once I'm done with subtitles. The barcode connection is nice, but country based and as someone said above kinda limited. Easily be able to type in the movie name would be just as easy.

Generally, I agree that a good web interface is better than an app. It all depends on the quality of the web app and the quality of the native app.

In the end, I think being able to choose which you'd rather use is the best solution.