Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- darkscout - 2010-06-28

Is there any way to make it run like SickBeard does where you don't have to run setup.py install?

I have a SheevaPlug as my main nzb grabber, however because it doesn't have a ton of CPU, when I want to do some heavy lifting, I just use autofs and /net...

For example:
Normally Sick-Beard runs as /net/plug.local/home/downloader/Sick-Beard.py

However if I need more CPU, I can run it on my Mac my launching...
/net/plug.local/home/downloader/Sick-Beard.py

I just make sure I only have one instance running and shutdown before I launch it on another computer.

- grassmunk - 2010-06-29

RuudBurger Wrote:A best options would be nice, but for movies it would download the movies three times.
dvdrip -> 720p -> 1080p.
So instead of a "best"-option. I'll try making an "or"-option.
Then you can say:
Download movieX in dvdrip or above (would look for 1080p, 720p, dvdrip)
Download movieY in dvdrip or 720p (would look at 720p, dvdrip)

Then add some kind of "default settings", so you don't have to do it with every movie you add.

Come to think of it. Its even more complicated. I usually download 720p movies, but sometimes 1080p for action movies or when the 720p isn't available.
But when I do have the 720p version I don't want to download the 1080p version, that would be useless.
So there should be an priority option. To put 720p on top, but don't exclude 1080p.

really like this but could you make it so we can add our own descriptors? For example some movies don't have DVDRIP anymore as they just get BDRips.

I'd love to be able to have something like a downward scale:

720p -> BDRip -> DVDrip -> R5 -> TS.

Though I suspect this is getting in to 'breaking the forums rules' territory. Do you have a separate forum do discuss?

- RuudBurger - 2010-06-29

You can do a feature request on the github issue page.

- Necromancyr - 2010-06-30

Grrr...dammit. Any thoughts on why I wouldn't be able to access this from another computer on my network? Using localhost and the computers name from the computer works fine, but trying to connect remotely isn't working.

I've tried turning on/off the firewall to no avail and adding pythonservice, python, and pythonwin to the firewall exception list. Still a no go. :/

- RuudBurger - 2010-06-30

Use the local ip (192.168.... Or something) of the remote machine in your config.

- Necromancyr - 2010-06-30

That worked - great, thanks. Didn't think that would have an effect! Smile

- RuudBurger - 2010-06-30

I'm currently rebuilding what I had to CherryPy (better take the step now, before it's 10 times bigger), this should provide better .exe & .app making.
I had some trouble because of the crappy documentation of cherrypy though. Keeping logging & threading as I wanted took about 90% of the "rebuild".. Still have a lot to learn about Python Wink

When "done" the app should be, download and run .py file.. no more easy_installing etc necessary.

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-01

I released an updated version. Now using CherryPy.

For those who used the old version. You can re-use your data.db (config.ini has to be remade, sorry.)

There is an Windows binary version now (see first post), which I hope works. I could only test it on VMWare Fusion Windows 7. But it should be, download -> extract -> run.

Small updates:
  • When password is blank, it won't ask you for a login.
  • It can start the browser for you (can be turned of)
  • Threads are better handled and should shut down properly. (Hopes this helps against duplicated threads)
  • On Linux & OSX, MovieManager.py can be started with " -d", to daemonize it.
  • If you leave the IP to 0.0.0.0 it should handle all incoming requests, also those from a remote machine.
  • In config menu there is a shutdown button Wink
  • OSX users can run it via the .app file

- HarryRosen - 2010-07-01

just updated but i don't know if it's my machine but when i open it in the web browser on a remote machine the settings over laps and can't read it. but when i run it from my homeserver it works.

Just tried a different browser, it seems to be a internet explorer problem, since it works fine in firefox. BTW great program.

I didn't check IE compatibility. It's a miracle you didn't get a blank screen.
I'll do some cleanup to make it look better in IE8

Thank You, i guess this is a sign i should move away from IE

- supertom44 - 2010-07-01

A little off topic, but just wondering if you had any programming experience in other languages before creating this, as I know your new to python, so am I, but I dont think I could create something as well as this yet.

I'm building websites in PHP for about 8 years and doing some "die hard" Mootools Class scripting for about 2 years now Wink Still getting used to the whole OOP, but using Zend an Yii Frameworks over the past years for PHP helped a lot.

So thanks, I guess Tongue

Edit:
Latest version has some IE8 fixes.
Note: Not the Windows binary yet, not gonna do a compile every commit Wink

title part is no longer cut off but when you hit the config it still doesn't pop up properly.