Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- skunkfu - 2010-10-18

Yeah workin' smooth now, thanks RuudBurger, will note this in the future Nod

- titanium - 2010-10-19

titanium Wrote:Right now I have 5 movies listed in Wanted, but nothing ever shows up in Soon. I just get "Searching for new release dates" forever. Is there something I skipped on configuring it?

When I click 'check now', I get:
Code:
Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/home/pirate/CouchPotato/app/lib/cron/eta.py", line 35, in run
    if not cherrypy.config.get('global').get('debug'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

If I change that guard to just be "if True:" the eta thread runs fine and pulls all the info it can from videoeta without issues.

After doing that, I still don't see anything show up on the 'soon' page, so I checked controllers/feed.py to see how it was displaying. I think you only show "in theaters" if the theater date is between now and 21 days from now, and DVD if the DVD date is between now and 42 days from now. If that's correct, is there some special reason for using those dates, or are they just reasonable guesses for how long things will usually be in theater / released to DVD?

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-19

Endless "Searching for new release dates" should be fixed now.

The reason for those date is the following:
Dvd releases can sometimes be downloaded 1 month before the actual DVD comes out.
While Theater releases like R5 and cams dont show up untill it actually hits the theater.

The Soon page is a heads-up so you know what is expected to be downloaded pretty soon.

- SofaKng - 2010-10-19

RuudBurger Wrote:Language support is difficult as the sources don't include language. NZB Matrix only has english/non-english and nzbs.org has nog support at all.
There is no real standard for languages so it's hard to create a searcher for this.
Thanks for the response.

I'm still not sure why Couch Potato would find "Meine Frau ihre Schwiegereltern und ich 2004 DL 1080p BluRay AC3 x264" for "Meet The Fockers". How did it even know the German (?) name of the movie?

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-19

It uses the imdbId to search on NZBMatrix.

- DrStrange - 2010-10-19

What is the preferred method to update CouchPotato - clicking "update now" in the program or git pull? A TortoiseGit pull does not save "RuudBurger-CouchPotato-<new version>.tar.gz in cache>updates so the program still shows "update now" after a git pull update. I guess you should update within program?

- FreakinAye - 2010-10-19

Any word on Newzbin.com support?

- WingmanNZ - 2010-10-20

Is there anyway to prefer DTS audio over AC3 audio when searching for bluray releases?

so
Meet the Fockers 2004 DL 1080p BluRay DTS x264
would be downloaded instead of
Meet the Fockers 2004 DL 1080p BluRay AC3 x264

thanks mate

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-20

@DrStrange
Yeah, you have to update via CP itself for the versioncheck to work, could you create github/issue for this? I'll check out the git structure to get the latest HEAD tag.

@FreakinAye
Nope, sorry.

@WingmanNZ
Not yet, but I'm thinking of creating something like the ignore list, but "If this word is found, go download it!"

- HarryRosen - 2010-10-22

Is it possible to have couchpotato update the library once a movie is renamed and moved? just like sickbeard?

- Flomaster - 2010-10-22

HarryRosen Wrote:Is it possible to have couchpotato update the library once a movie is renamed and moved? just like sickbeard?

i had no idea sb auto updated your library... I can manually update via sb but i was not under the impression it auto updated it.

to answer you question: NO CP does not auto update the library did you input any xbmc info in your settings? I didn't think so.....

-=Jason=-

- danz0l - 2010-10-22

Flomaster Wrote:i had no idea sb auto updated your library... I can manually update via sb but i was not under the impression it auto updated it.

to answer you question: NO CP does not auto update the library did you input any xbmc info in your settings? I didn't think so.....

-=Jason=-

Yes sickbeard can auto update your libraryy. Check under config / notifications and have both Update XBMC library and Fall Back To Full Update ticked alongside having XBMC host:, username and password filled in.

- HarryRosen - 2010-10-22

Yeah I know cp doesn't have it, but wondering if it can be added in the same fashion as sb.

- robinsj - 2010-10-22

Okay, so I had a question, this is the first time I have used couch potato. I am messing with the quality settings, and I selected all the different ones 1080p,720p and such.... Then I changed the size limits for 1080p to 20000 - 50000mb because I like full blu rays.

I was testing with the karate kid, but it doesn't seem to be working. I searched manually for an nzb on nzbmatrix and found one that was 26000mb, but couch potatoe doesn't find any, when I look at the log, it finds some, but doesn't do anything with them because they are under the 20000mb limit.... Any ideas?

- RuudBurger - 2010-10-23

Full disk rips are not supported. It just doesn't search that category on NZBMatrix.