Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-03

the ETA site that "soon" uses, seems to be broken. I'll check it out tonight.

- Therms - 2010-11-03

BTW, people...if you use IRC, you can find us on #couchpotato on freenode.

- Necromancyr - 2010-11-03

Having issues again it seems. The following items aren't picking up 720p's (or other resolutions) after downloading an lower res version:

- Inception
- Predators
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

All of which are definitely out.

- robinsj - 2010-11-03

Also wondering if you know when the Full-Bluray quality will be added that we talked about? Any idea, I'm just curious, and impatient :-).... Great software!

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-03

Gogo update everyone, lots of small updates to renaming and searching.

@robinsj
Not yet Big Grin

- uglyman - 2010-11-03

couchpotato is now changing up in the air to so, you've downloaded a demon.
i think it may be because the renaming folder is called downloaded movies and it is searching for that instead of the movie title

- Therms - 2010-11-04

uglyman Wrote:couchpotato is now changing up in the air to so, you've downloaded a demon.
i think it may be because the renaming folder is called downloaded movies and it is searching for that instead of the movie title

Is this since RuudBerger updated as mentioned in the post prior to yours?

- uglyman - 2010-11-04

its the newest version and it still seems to be doing it

- gugahoi - 2010-11-04

RuudBurger Wrote:the ETA site that "soon" uses, seems to be broken. I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks for the prompt reply. This along with mediafrontpage for a webserver is so good.

Code:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83304

It still seems to be doing. Actually, it doesn't seem to do anything now. If I click update releases nothing happens. It says I'm using Version: 571f72b

- danz0l - 2010-11-04

My coachpotato is saying there is an update but fails when i click update everytime (never had this issue before). How do i manually update it in linux ?

- Necromancyr - 2010-11-04

Ruud, the updates you mention I'm guessing are only in the python version at the moment? (as there is no new windows release)

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-04

Yes, I'll make an Windows build as soon as all these small little problems are fixed.

- deltazulu - 2010-11-05

So far, 20 movies later, no more "Robotix" errors. Perhaps that was something going on with tmdb or imdb or something. My buddy hasn't seen it again either.

As for the 720P movies being renamed to 1080P, I've downloaded 20 or so 720P films that are all around 4.7GB in size. All of them are correctly being renamed as 720P upon move. All of the issues I was seeing where they were being renamed as 1080P were with very large file size versions (large for a 720p release anyway).

On the lastest version, I once again tried several 8+GB 720P movies and they are all being renamed to 1080P as shown in this log of the movie Blood Diamond:

17:16:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 8315.
17:16:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/tank/media/Downloads/complete/Movies/Blood_Diamond_2006_720p_BluRay_x264_DTS_PRoDJi/Blood Diamond (2006).720P.mkv" to /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Blood Diamond (2006)/Blood Diamond (2006).1080P.mkv.
17:16:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] Finding trailers for: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Blood Diamond (2006)
17:16:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.subtitle] Finding subtitles for: /tank/media/Movies/FeatureFilms/Blood Diamond (2006)

For reference, I'm on freebsd 8.1 stable with python2.6

- RuudBurger - 2010-11-05

I updated the updater, finally.. It now doesn't try to use git to update. That just didn't work properly for everyone.

To use the updater, you have to remove the .git directory inside your CouchPotato folder. Otherwise, you just have to do a manual "git pull".

Also, the updater can be disabled, so you don't get the "annoying" update message Wink

- deltazulu - 2010-11-05

RuudBurger Wrote:I updated the updater, finally.. It now doesn't try to use git to update. That just didn't work properly for everyone.

To use the updater, you have to remove the .git directory inside your CouchPotato folder. Otherwise, you just have to do a manual "git pull".

Also, the updater can be disabled, so you don't get the "annoying" update message Wink

Interesting.. the updater was working for me, but I will give this a shot..

on freebsd, I moved couchpotato to /usr/local/share/couchpotato and had a rc.d entry to run at boot time. Hopefully this will still work with the new updater but I'll see how it goes.