Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- RuudBurger - 2010-12-12

What he said Wink

- Varming - 2010-12-12

First to be honest: I haven't read all 110 pages of feedback - sorry! Wink

When I add a release it would be great if I could have CouchPotato downloading the first release the fullfill any of the qualities I choose. What I mean is a minimum quality instead of a required quality.

Does this make sense?

- RuudBurger - 2010-12-12

See settings >> quality Wink

- Varming - 2010-12-12

A completely new world will open up for me when I learn to read I guess :o

Thanks!! Smile

- indy5 - 2010-12-12

I have a general question about when the renamer actually kicks in and runs through its process. Once a movie is found through one of your enabled nzb sites, it gets downloaded and processed (in my case) by sabnzbd. The file is then downloaded/repaired/extracted. What tells couchpotato to rename the file? Is information sent BACK to couchpotato to do this? I never see anything in my log file that indicates that it cares about a movie once the nzb is located and it is downloaded.

I appreciate the help.

- XBL. - 2010-12-12

I believe it simply monitors the directory where you download to, renames the file and then moves it. This is why your download directory (where sabnzbd puts it when completely processed) has to be different from your final directory (where you keep your movies, for example).

Afaik it does not care about what's in your download directory, it will process everything. But correct me if I'm wrong!

- daffeh - 2010-12-13

alshain Wrote:@memevertical:

CouchPotato and Sick-Beard work best with SABnzbd+, which is a python based Usenet client. You will have to install that as well to get it to work.

An NZB file will tell the Usenet client which files to get and which messages make up one such a file.

nope, you can't Wink

But you can add the NZBs manually to SAB and put it into the same category as CP puts your movies, and they'll be sorted correctly.
The whole point of CP is to not do it manually Smile

ruud, can you check into this? Smile

Multilingual Version - SSPPAAMM - 2010-12-13

Hi!

I am not sure where to put this, so I decided it would be best to post it here. I have patched CouchPotato to download the language that I want. It would be great if you could add the changes to the repository and make it configurable in config.ini. This is what I changed to get german files (guess where I am from :-)):

1. app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDB.py
There are several URLs which include "en" as language

In find() I changed it to:
url = "%s/%s/de/xml/%s/%s" % (self.apiUrl, 'Movie.search', self.conf('key'), quote_plus(self.toSearchString(q)))

In findByImdbId():
url = "%s/%s/de/xml/%s/%s" % (self.apiUrl, 'Movie.imdbLookup', self.conf('key'), id)

In getXML():
url = "%s/%s/de/xml/%s/%s" % (self.apiUrl, 'Movie.getInfo', self.conf('key'), id)
You see, it is always the same. It would be nice to set a language in the config so you could decide wether to ask TVDB for "en" or "de" or soemthing else.

2. app/lib/provider/yarr/base.py
There is a list of scores called nameScores. You could delete the language specific ones because they give you a -10 added to your score for a file. I kept it as it was because I tweaked the scores a bit (see below). This score list should definitly be configurable within the config.ini.

3. app/lib/provider/yarr/base.py
I have added a test for "must have words" in isCorrectMovie(). My changes are marked with a comment starting with "AW:"
# Contains ignored word
nzbWords = re.split('\W+', self.toSearchString(item.name).lower())
ignoredWords = self.config.get('global', 'ignoreWords').split(',')
for word in ignoredWords:
if word.strip() and word.strip().lower() in nzbWords:
log.info('NZB contains ignored word %s: %s' % (word, item.name))
return False

# AW: check for "Must Have Words"
nzbWords = re.split('\W+', self.toSearchString(item.name).lower())
mustHaveWords = self.config.get('global', 'mustHaveWords').split(',')
for word in mustHaveWords:
if word.strip() and word.strip().lower() not in nzbWords:
log.info('NZB does not contain must have word %s: %s' % (word, item.name))
return False

4. config.ini
This had the biggest effect. Set global.preferredwords to your language:
[global]
preferredwords = german
This will add 100 points to the score of your files. So the software will prefer files with these words.
For the change in 3. you have to add the entry musthavewords:
[global]
musthavewords = german

That's it. If you have questions, just ask.

Take care,
SSPPAAMM

- ECEC - 2010-12-13

I haven't checked in awhile, and can't tell from the change logs: does trailer downloading for all movies work now? The last time I tried it would fail to find a trailer and stop entirely as opposed to skipping it and moving on.

- indy5 - 2010-12-13

XBL. Wrote:I believe it simply monitors the directory where you download to, renames the file and then moves it. This is why your download directory (where sabnzbd puts it when completely processed) has to be different from your final directory (where you keep your movies, for example).

Afaik it does not care about what's in your download directory, it will process everything. But correct me if I'm wrong!

There still doesn't appear to be anything in the log to even indicate that the renamer looks for anything. I do see the renamer thread start up when couchpotato first runs, but that's about it. I run couchpotato on a linux/unraid server, if that makes any difference. I have the download folder and the movie destination set to two different paths.

- Archigos - 2010-12-14

Ok, I'm beyond confused. I was playing around in the beta branch (database branch) of MediaFrontpage and added "Resident Evil: Afterlife" to SABnzbd+ via the RSS widget. All of that worked fine, but once SAB dropped it into the folder monitored by CP it 'found' "Resident Evil: Extinction" (I believe incorrectly listed as 2005 instead of 2007, either way, wrong movie). So I deleted the nfo, etc. that was created and named the movie "Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)" and figured I'd move it back to the CP folder so that it grabs the right nfo info and instead this is where it went screwy. I've attached the log below of the second rename.

Quote:21:04:06 INFO [app.lib.cron.renamer] XBMC metainfo for imdbid, tt0373760, generated
21:04:04 INFO [app.lib.xbmc] XBMC library update initiated
21:04:04 INFO [app.lib.xbmc] XBMC notification to 192.168.0.2:85 successful.
21:04:03 INFO [app.lib.cron.trailer] Search for trailer for: Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005)
21:04:03 INFO [app.lib.xbmc] XBMC notification to 192.168.0.2:85 successful.
21:04:03 INFO [app.lib.cron.subtitle] Finding subtitles for: V:\Movies\Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005)
21:04:03 INFO [app.lib.cron.trailer] Finding trailers for: V:\Movies\Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005)
21:04:00 INFO [app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "F:\Complete\Movies\Resident Evil Afterlife (2010).avi" to V:\Movies\Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005)\Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005).avi.
21:04:00 INFO [app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory V:\Movies\Movies, Aspirin and Vultures (2005)
21:04:00 INFO [app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Resident Evil Afterlife (2010).avi
21:04:00 INFO [app.lib.library] Unable to fetch audio/video details for F:\Complete\Movies\Resident Evil Afterlife (2010).avi
21:04:00 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': 2005, 'imdb': 'tt0373760', 'id': 43420, 'name': u'Movies, Aspirin and Vultures'}]
21:03:58 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Found movie, but with no date, getting data from tt0373760.
21:03:58 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543/movies
21:03:58 INFO [app.lib.library] Searching for "Movies".

I know this could/would happen once in awhile, but it seems to be happening more and more lately. By the way, I'm running build r27 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system.

- Therms - 2010-12-14

Archigos Wrote:Ok, I'm beyond confused. I was playing around in the beta branch (database branch) of MediaFrontpage and added "Resident Evil: Afterlife" to SABnzbd+ via the RSS widget. All of that worked fine, but once SAB dropped it into the folder monitored by CP it 'found' "Resident Evil: Extinction" (I believe incorrectly listed as 2005 instead of 2007, either way, wrong movie). So I deleted the nfo, etc. that was created and named the movie "Resident Evil Afterlife (2010)" and figured I'd move it back to the CP folder so that it grabs the right nfo info and instead this is where it went screwy. I've attached the log below of the second rename.

I know this could/would happen once in awhile, but it seems to be happening more and more lately. By the way, I'm running build r27 on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system.

CP requires video files to be in their own folder. You should have "Movies/Resident Evil Afterlife/Resident Evil Afterlife.avi".

FYI everyone: The absolute surest way to make CP correctly identify a movie is for that movie to have a .nfo file with an imdb id or imdb link in it. Parsing file and folder names is not the best or easiest or all that great of a way to identify a movie.

In this example you could have this video file:
Code:
Movies/I LIEK CAEK/this_isnt_resident_evil_afterlife.avi

and if you had this .nfo file:

Code:
Movies/I LIEK CAEK/this_is_a_nfo.nfo

and that file had this in it:

Code:
This is an nfo file with some text and some ASCII art because scene
groups think ASCII art is clever and oh also there's this imdb id: tt1220634
and some other text and some shoutouts and whatever

Then CP would correctly identify "this_isnt_resident_evil_afterlife.avi" as Resident Evil: Afterlife.

- aptalca - 2010-12-14

Hi guys, I just started using couch potato with nzbmatrix and nzb.su

nzbmatrix apparently is having problems with imdb links in rss feeds. If the link is added after the movie is added, the api won't update it with the link. So a lot of movies don't appear in the rss feed if searched through the imdb link (ie. "The American" 720p) And unfortunately, nzb.su is missing the imdb link altogether for many movies.

Is there a way to set couchpotato so that it searches through the imdb link first and if it doesn't find the correct version but finds a complementary one (for instance 1080p exists but not 720p and we are looking for 720p), then searches for the name of the movie as well??

Thanks

- Therms - 2010-12-15

aptalca Wrote:Hi guys, I just started using couch potato with nzbmatrix and nzb.su

nzbmatrix apparently is having problems with imdb links in rss feeds. If the link is added after the movie is added, the api won't update it with the link. So a lot of movies don't appear in the rss feed if searched through the imdb link (ie. "The American" 720p) And unfortunately, nzb.su is missing the imdb link altogether for many movies.

Is there a way to set couchpotato so that it searches through the imdb link first and if it doesn't find the correct version but finds a complementary one (for instance 1080p exists but not 720p and we are looking for 720p), then searches for the name of the movie as well??

Thanks

Assuming you're right about the problems with imdb links, that's a good idea.

There's not currently a way to do this, but if you add an issue on github, it will get implemented.

- Archigos - 2010-12-15

Therms,
If you're talking about the directory that CP scans, than I did goof on that one when I tried Resident Evil the second time, but the files normally get dropped into it via their own folder.
After posting about that movie I had another finish while I was sleeping that pulled the same stuff (this time the movie had an nfo with the IMDB id in it and was still named wrong). No clue why, but after I restarted the server (for other reasons) it seemed to fix itself. I renamed and moved both movies back into the monitored folder for the hell of it and they were both found and renamed properly.

Chalk it up to my insomnia or something... however, I'll create a dummy nfo for the pissy ones in the future.