Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- darkscout - 2010-12-20

Mike8913 Wrote:DharmaLive

Clone the Git repository or a compressed tarball from Git.
Place it where you want (/home/xbmc/, /opt/, etc)
Run it with python /home/xbmc/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py.
If you want it to start on boot, check out the init file.

- rflores2323 - 2010-12-20

rflores2323 Wrote:is the piratebay the only torrent site that is working with CP? Can you add a custom torrent site or rss feed from a torrent site to look for movies?

Huh?

- DejaVu - 2010-12-21

Piratebay is the only support Torrent site. I have asked this question previously and adding further trackers is extensive work.

The only thing that may happen in the future is further Public Trackers maybe be added. But CP is primarily for News access and for good reason. Far more choice these days!

- Tbtf - 2010-12-21

I receive an error when trying to run couchpotato.app

http://i55.tinypic.com/fdvtkg.png

how do i fix this

Mac OsX 10.5

- YodaEXE - 2010-12-21

So, I've got CP set to get the metadata. Is it supposed to be generating a NFO file that only has a link to IMDB in it? That's not exactly very useful for XBMC. It means that I have to go through and manually re-scrape with Ember so that it generates a proper NFO file.

- Therms - 2010-12-21

YodaEXE Wrote:So, I've got CP set to get the metadata. Is it supposed to be generating a NFO file that only has a link to IMDB in it? That's not exactly very useful for XBMC. It means that I have to go through and manually re-scrape with Ember so that it generates a proper NFO file.

Yes that is all it generates. It's supremely useful for XBMC, because XBMC uses that to make sure it scrapes the correct movie. There's no need for Ember for this to be useful to XBMC.

Tbtf Wrote:I receive an error when trying to run couchpotato.app

how do i fix this

Mac OsX 10.5

I don't know anything about OS X, but it looks like you have an old version of Python. You need at least 2.6...

- steve1977 - 2010-12-21

steve1977 Wrote:Quick questions:

1) Any hope to get the userscript working on an ipad?

2) Possible to add an option that sends the sntached NZBs with "high" priority to SABnzbd instead of "normal"?

3) Any chance to get some automization features? For example, adding all movies with box office higher than $50m globally or any movie part of the imdb-top-500 list?

4) Will CP remember forever what movies it has snatched? I.e., if I re-add it by mistake, will CP know that it has already snatched it 6 months ago?

5) Plans to add music support? I know I am getting greedy ;-)

Any thoughts on above?

- LinXBMC - 2010-12-21

I have found that the renamer function only moves one movie at a time without looking for others in the download directory.

Is this by design or is something wrong with renamer?

- YodaEXE - 2010-12-21

Therms Wrote:Yes that is all it generates. It's supremely useful for XBMC, because XBMC uses that to make sure it scrapes the correct movie. There's no need for Ember for this to be useful to XBMC.

The problem is that it's not remotely useful for anyone who wants to store the metadata on their computer so that XBMC doesn't have to scrape anything at all.

- aptalca - 2010-12-21

I apologize for posting again, but didn't get an answer last time.

How do I get the renamer to move the files without renaming them??

If I leave the rename fields blank, they don't get moved either.

Thanks

- aptalca - 2010-12-21

Another question, I just got a movie called "And soon the Darkness", cp found and downloaded a 720p version. However, it is not moving it (although it is set to rename as well). The movie is still recognized as "snatched" although it is sitting in the completed movies folder. In the log, for app.lib.cron.yarr I am only seeing "Searching for new downloads, for all movies." and "Finished search." The movie is not found.

The folder name for the movie is: "And Soon The Darkness 2010 720p BluRay x264 Japhson"
And the movie file inside is named: japhson-andsoonthedarkness-720p.mkv

I'm not sure which one cp searches by

Thanks

- darkscout - 2010-12-21

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts on above?

1) No. Until apple adds userscript support to Safari on the iOS
2) Set it to blackhole, set watch folder, set priority on watch folder to high.

- Tbtf - 2010-12-21

Tbtf Wrote:I receive an error when trying to run couchpotato.app

how do i fix this

Mac OsX 10.5

anyone?

- Therms - 2010-12-21

YodaEXE Wrote:The problem is that it's not remotely useful for anyone who wants to store the metadata on their computer so that XBMC doesn't have to scrape anything at all.

That may be true, but you said it wasn't very useful for XBMC. Your specific problem is that it's not useful for you. :p

Why don't you want XBMC to scrape the movie?

Tbtf Wrote:anyone?

I already answered you at the top of this very page.

- Therms - 2010-12-21

steve1977 Wrote:I am loving this app more and more. Thanks again!!!

Quick questions:

1) Any hope to get the userscript working on an ipad?

No idea if that's even possible.
steve1977 Wrote:2) Possible to add an option that sends the sntached NZBs with "high" priority to SABnzbd instead of "normal"?

Sure, I added an issue for you. In the future, you can add such things yourself to the github issues page.

steve1977 Wrote:3) Any chance to get some automization features? For example, adding all movies with box office higher than $50m globally or any movie part of the imdb-top-500 list?

Yes, this is on the to-do list.

steve1977 Wrote:4) Will CP remember forever what movies it has snatched? I.e., if I re-add it by mistake, will CP know that it has already snatched it 6 months ago?

CP knows, but it doesn't prevent you from redownloading movies if you want.

steve1977 Wrote:5) Plans to add music support? I know I am getting greedy ;-)

No.