Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Therms - 2010-12-21

ignore

- Tbtf - 2010-12-21

Therms,

I thought that was the issue as well. But Unfortanetly it was not i installed python 2.67, 2.7 and 3.0 niether of those worked Sad. Any onther ideas as to what it may be?

- steve1977 - 2010-12-22

Therms Wrote:CP knows, but it doesn't prevent you from redownloading movies if you want.

Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful!!!

Just one question on above - is it planned to have an option to prevent "double-downloads". I actually don't remember my full movie collection and it would be awesome if CP only adds to the download if I haven't already downloaded the movie.

- bramblepants - 2010-12-22

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful!!!

Just one question on above - is it planned to have an option to prevent "double-downloads". I actually don't remember my full movie collection and it would be awesome if CP only adds to the download if I haven't already downloaded the movie.

It may not help you, but SABNzbd+ has a feature which you can select to stop it from downloading the same thing twice. That would sort the issue for you?

I can't remember exactly where the tick box is, but have a look in the settings and you'll find it.

This feature takes care of the problem for me!

- steve1977 - 2010-12-22

bramblepants Wrote:It may not help you, but SABNzbd+ has a feature which you can select to stop it from downloading the same thing twice. That would sort the issue for you?

I can't remember exactly where the tick box is, but have a look in the settings and you'll find it.

This feature takes care of the problem for me!

Thanks. I was thinking of doing this as well. Unfortunately, this won't fully solve my issue. This would only work if CP is sending exactly the same NZB. Assuming it picks it from a different provider or a different release group, SABnzbd+ would still download it twice.

If CP could stop it from sending it twice, which would be a fantastic feature!!!

- Tbtf - 2010-12-22

has anyone got this to work using os x?

- cable_guy - 2010-12-22

hi all, using CP release f60d448 on XBMC Live Dharma Beta 2 here, my update fails from within the web app, is there a way I can update it without using the web interface please?

- darkscout - 2010-12-22

I use this on OS X all the time.

I don't use the .app. I open a terminal window and type "python CouchPotato.py" in the directory.

- compcentral - 2010-12-22

Tbtf Wrote:I receive an error when trying to run couchpotato.app

http://i55.tinypic.com/fdvtkg.png

how do i fix this

Mac OsX 10.5

^--- That's your problem. Install a real OS. Problem Solved. hehehe. j/k!

- compcentral - 2010-12-23

steve1977 Wrote:5) Plans to add music support? I know I am getting greedy ;-)

Any thoughts on above?

I'm making pretty good progress on my own little project to do automated music downloading. I have it somewhat functional now, but this is quite a big undertaking.

I know this is off topic, but once I describe how it works, you'll see that something like this really has nothing in common with CP. Essentially, you have the program scan your music folder, and a list of artists/albums/songs is created based on id3 tag and file/folder info. A service such as discog.com or amazon music is then used to get a discography listing for each artist and all albums for selected artists can be automatically downloaded via sabnzbd or torrents. Files can then be renamed and id3 tags updated and your existing library can be checked and duplicate/invalid/low quality files can be removed.

None of this fits what CP does and it wouldn't make any sense to add it. For those that are interested in my project, I'll start a separate thread if there's enough interest. PM me though. Don't post here.

- Tbtf - 2010-12-23

darkscout Wrote:I use this on OS X all the time.

I don't use the .app. I open a terminal window and type "python CouchPotato.py" in the directory.

I did that as well and it returns the same error Sad

- darkscout - 2010-12-23

Tbtf Wrote:I did that as well and it returns the same error Sad

Copy and paste this into your terminal window.
Code:
uname -a > /tmp/py
which python >> /tmp/py
python --version 2>> /tmp/py
cat /tmp/py | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

And paste the results.

- Therms - 2010-12-23

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful!!!

Eventually we'll track your whole movie collection (via the Manage page), and your request here will be part of that.

- Mike8913 - 2010-12-23

darkscout Wrote:Clone the Git repository or a compressed tarball from Git.
Place it where you want (/home/xbmc/, /opt/, etc)
Run it with python /home/xbmc/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py.
If you want it to start on boot, check out the init file.

Thank you for the response and I realize that to you and many more experienced users that might sound very clear cut and simple. However, I still feel lost. Could you point me toward some info on how to make all this happen. I just don't understand Git at all.

- steve1977 - 2010-12-23

Therms Wrote:Eventually we'll track your whole movie collection (via the Manage page), and your request here will be part of that.

This would be a massive change and basically would aspire to integrate something like Ember all into the CP app. Not that this is wrong, but I would imagine this taking years to be complete and running.

For my rather "basic" need, wouldn't an easier "fix" be possible? CP "remembers" anyways, what it has snatched/downloaded, so it may be easier to prevent downloading the same movie twice (same as defined by IMDB number). Having said this, I am not a coder and may oversee teh complexity of implementing this.