Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- xmbc - 2011-01-13

How can I have CouchPotato download the nzbs from nzbmatrix with the scene names? (dots instead of spaces).

- Metsadah - 2011-01-13

Metsadah Wrote:Im running CP on windows and it works great except for renaming and moving the files. If I let it do that, then there is no way that I can see them on my xbmc (via samba). Sabnzbd is configured that it chmods 777 and with sickbeard everything works fine. So, is it correct that CP messes with the rights for the files?

I guess i'll just quote myself. Anybody got a solution for this problem? For now I let sabnzbd handle the moving and renaming, but I'd prefer that CP does the job.

- alshain - 2011-01-13

XBMC Wrote:How can I have CouchPotato download the nzbs from nzbmatrix with the scene names? (dots instead of spaces).
The NZB name cannot be altered from within CP that simply, it's SAB's business for the most part. Anyway, if you are using the renaming feature? Then you shouldn't be seeing the NZB name at all, anymore.

Metsadah Wrote:I guess i'll just quote myself. Anybody got a solution for this problem? For now I let sabnzbd handle the moving and renaming, but I'd prefer that CP does the job.
CouchPotato does not mess with your permissions. It should keep the permissions. However, you may want to launch CouchPotato under a specific user/group/umask setting, to get that sorted. Maybe you'd also need to state, what exaclty goes wrong. At the very least, CP does nothing on purpose, and IIRC, the default behaviour for the move command it is using, is to retain file permissions as they were.

fryster Wrote:Firstly, WOW, what a great thing this is!

I'm interested in using the feature that allows this to be used with sharethetv, in simple terms how would I update/modify my copy of couch potato to allow this to happen?

Many Thanks!
You need the Greasemonkey addon and then install the userscript.

- HenryFord - 2011-01-13

Is it possible to configure couchpotatoe so that it will move the files instead of copying them? I know that version before used this method, but it got changed at some point. I would like to move my files instead of copying them, because with my RAID1 in place it is relatively slow, and sometimes CP gets caught up in that (a 1080p movie apparantly just takes to long to copy...). Since the files end up on the same harddrive anyway, it would be way faster to move them, which would take like no time at all...

- xmbc - 2011-01-13

alshain Wrote:The NZB name cannot be altered from within CP that simply, it's SAB's business for the most part. Anyway, if you are using the renaming feature? Then you shouldn't be seeing the NZB name at all, anymore.

Unfortunately I am not using CP's renaming feature but instead post process with sab. Is it possible to just use CP's name seperator only and not rename any files/folders?

- darkscout - 2011-01-13

I'm running CouchPotato on my seedbox (Since I have a limit on my internet bandwidth).

It's found a ton of stuff, all downloaded just fine with rtorrent. But the renamer just does nothing. Cron says that it's started but after that, nothing. Once again, is there any way to forcefully kick off a rename?

- Wallz - 2011-01-13

darkscout Wrote:I'm running CouchPotato on my seedbox (Since I have a limit on my internet bandwidth).

It's found a ton of stuff, all downloaded just fine with rtorrent. But the renamer just does nothing. Cron says that it's started but after that, nothing. Once again, is there any way to forcefully kick off a rename?

in the settings set a download folder and a folder that you want the downloadsto be moved to. Then put all the films you want sorting into the download folder and click force update.

- darkscout - 2011-01-13

I understand how to get renamer working. It works hit or miss at home. I just finally did a new install on a new server and am getting nothing. I used to be able to kill it and restart it and it'd work.
-
You mean the Force Check button at the bottom?

Does a wonderful job of forcing an update of searching for new movies. Not so much of forcing renamer cron to run.

- alshain - 2011-01-13

XBMC Wrote:Unfortunately I am not using CP's renaming feature but instead post process with sab. Is it possible to just use CP's name seperator only and not rename any files/folders?

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're trying to do. What is CP's "name separator"? Could you make an example of what is happening now, and what you would like to have instead?

- xmbc - 2011-01-13

alshain Wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you're trying to do. What is CP's "name separator"? Could you make an example of what is happening now, and what you would like to have instead?

Okay, at the moment I have renaming disabled in Couch Potato. All my downloads are post-processed by sab, and the files all go into a folder (e.g. Movie Name 2009) which is named after the .nzb.

In the rename section of Couch Potato, there is an option for "Name Seperator" which basically replaces spaces with your choice of dots/dashes. I was wondering if it is possible to just use this feature only in the rename section,. I do not want CouchPotato to do anything else in regards to renaming, but just replace the folder/file names with dots instead of spaces.

- cosmicr - 2011-01-14

XBMC Wrote:Okay, at the moment I have renaming disabled in Couch Potato. All my downloads are post-processed by sab, and the files all go into a folder (e.g. Movie Name 2009) which is named after the .nzb.

In the rename section of Couch Potato, there is an option for "Name Seperator" which basically replaces spaces with your choice of dots/dashes. I was wondering if it is possible to just use this feature only in the rename section,. I do not want CouchPotato to do anything else in regards to renaming, but just replace the folder/file names with dots instead of spaces.

you could easily do that in your post processing script instead.

just out of interest, why do you need dots in your filenames? isn't that a bit antiquated?

- fryster - 2011-01-14

Quote:You need the Greasemonkey addon and then install the userscript

I have the user script installed but don't know how to update it to allow its use with sharethe.tv

I'm using google chrome

Many thanks!

- xmbc - 2011-01-14

cosmicr Wrote:you could easily do that in your post processing script instead.

just out of interest, why do you need dots in your filenames? isn't that a bit antiquated?

Thanks, sorted it out in sab. As for your other question, I just prefer them that way. Since xbmc reads them just fine, it doesnt matter anyway.

- alshain - 2011-01-14

fryster Wrote:I have the user script installed but don't know how to update it to allow its use with sharethe.tv

I'm using google chrome

Many thanks!

I suggest, you simply uninstall it, and install it again, then you'll have the lastest version.

- steve1977 - 2011-01-14

Therms Wrote:CP already does something like this. I implemented a couple weeks ago.

No one has implemented a UI for it yet, but all you have to do is set the "ppDir" setting in config.ini to SAB's post-processing directory.

After that you'll never have a mis-identified movie again (unless the movie is identified wrong on usenet or at the nzb provider...in which case there's not much to do about it).

Can you elaborate a bit more what actually needs to be done. Are you saying, I need to add a line as below in the config.ini file:

> ppDir = C:\folder\autoProcessTV (or whatever other folder SAB is pointing to)

In my case, the SB script is inside this folder and basically nothing else. Not sure whetheer this disturbs whatever CP is doing with this new feauture?

Also, on separate note, where is CP pulling poster, fanart and NFO info from? From IMDB or TMDB? Is it still "only" pulling IMDB ID into the NFO file or the complete NFO information similar to what EMM is doing?