Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- tiwas - 2011-01-15

Is it possible to set several acceptable qualities? For me, DVD-rips are fine, but I wouldn't mind a good screener, bd-rip or whatever other high quality rip I can get my hands on. I noticed the app skipped 720p rips because it was looking for dvd-rips :S

Other than that - excellent app! Been thinking about making the same thing myself, so saves me tons of work Big Grin

- warp - 2011-01-15

I was browsing a couple of other forums and wanted to check my understanding.

CouchPotato will check for movies that I have typed in that I wish to download? It currently doesn't suggest movies based on their IMDB rating? (If so, are there any plans for this?)

The only script I have found that does this is http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=4145.0 but it only runs on a schedule using something like windows scheduler. It also doesn't have any renaming features etc. I just wanted to check that it is my only option for searching based on IMDB rating rather than particular titles.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-15

alshain Wrote:I suggest, you simply uninstall it, and install it again, then you'll have the lastest version.

The userscript is not available in the windows version yet. Awaiting for r28 to be compiled.

Only working from GIT at the moment.

- alshain - 2011-01-15

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about the binary build.

@warp: On the todo-list, but not on priority right now.
@tiwas: Yes, create a custom quality.

- maui917 - 2011-01-18

mispost, sorry can't delete it.

- maui917 - 2011-01-18

darkscout Wrote:I understand how to get renamer working. It works hit or miss at home. I just finally did a new install on a new server and am getting nothing. I used to be able to kill it and restart it and it'd work.
-
You mean the Force Check button at the bottom?

Does a wonderful job of forcing an update of searching for new movies. Not so much of forcing renamer cron to run.

I have this same issue.

I'm new to Couchpotato, just had it a few days. I first set it up to run post processing on a torrent download folder. I downloaded a movie and the post processing ran and the renaming/moving the file worked great.

I then setup my SABnzbd settings and set it up to work with my usenet services, and created an 11 movie watch list. It worked fantastic grabbed 10 of my 11 movies and downloaded them all automatically, but now I can't seem to get the post processing to run. So I have 10 movies in the folder waiting to be post processed and every time I run force check it does a search for movies but never kicks off the post processing job.

Update: I solved this issue, on further inspection I had fat fingered the path for the downloaded movies folder, it was looking for a New Moves folder, not my New Movies folder.

- compcentral - 2011-01-18

any idea when r28 will be released... i would love to user the new userscripts. I know I could use git but I prefer to keep everything as stable as possible.

- MikeBuzz - 2011-01-18

Therms Wrote:CP already does something like this. I implemented a couple weeks ago.

No one has implemented a UI for it yet, but all you have to do is set the "ppDir" setting in config.ini to SAB's post-processing directory.

After that you'll never have a mis-identified movie again (unless the movie is identified wrong on usenet or at the nzb provider...in which case there's not much to do about it).

Therms

When i chose this option its working great with renaming, but now getting the issue where the film is marked as snatched but never downloaded, even though looking at the logs the film has been renamed and moved, any ideas?

- compcentral - 2011-01-18

MikeBuzz Wrote:Therms

When i chose this option its working great with renaming, but now getting the issue where the film is marked as snatched but never downloaded, even though looking at the logs the film has been renamed and moved, any ideas?

do you mean that it was never downloaded or never marked as downloaded?

if the latter (I assume so), none of my movies are ever marked as downloaded automatically, I have to do it by clicking the green checkmark. I guess this is because I don't use CP's renamer?

- alshain - 2011-01-19

compcentral Wrote:do you mean that it was never downloaded or never marked as downloaded?

if the latter (I assume so), none of my movies are ever marked as downloaded automatically, I have to do it by clicking the green checkmark. I guess this is because I don't use CP's renamer?

Yes, that would be the reason. And running from GIT is not less stable, it's just not as convenient for windows users to run from source, that is all.

@maui917: Please double check you entered the path in CP's settings properly.

Access from more than one computer - Fraincs - 2011-01-19

Is it possible to access to Couchpotato from another computer in my house? On the same network.

Improper parsing of CD1/CD2 - Dobyken - 2011-01-19

Not a biggie but CP misidentified a movie with 2 CD's mainly because they were named weird. Although The Mighty Ducks D2 is a great movie it's not in my collection. Actually it created two different movies...one was some foreign title...I just remuxed them into a single title.

INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory /media/hitachi/Movies/D2 The Mighty Ducks
18:23:04 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 680.
18:23:04 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/home/ken/downloads/complete/Movies/Harts War DVDrip DivX DiAMOND/Harts.War.DVDrip.DivX-DiAMOND/CD2/dmd-hw-cd2.avi" to /media/hitachi/Movies/D2 The Mighty Ducks/D2 The Mighty Ducks.avi.
18:23:26 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving matching subtitle.

- alshain - 2011-01-19

Fraincs: From anywhere your computer is reachable.

Dobyken: Can you post a little more of the log? The search that it did is the really important part. It should be a few lines further down.

- Fraincs - 2011-01-19

alshain Wrote:Fraincs: From anywhere your computer is reachable.
Should have said : how can I access my computer (VNC is probably the easiest solution) but I was wondering if there was another way so I can give access to non tech savy people.

- Dobyken - 2011-01-19

alshain Wrote:Fraincs: From anywhere your computer is reachable.

Dobyken: Can you post a little more of the log? The search that it did is the really important part. It should be a few lines further down.

I might add that this file was not downloaded by CP but just run via the cron job in the downloaded folder. Here's the pastebin with api keys removed.
http://pastebin.com/29uyXDfV