Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- smiffy1989 - 2011-02-01

alshain Wrote:Hmm.. I don't know why it would do that... one reason might be that you set the wrong folders in the renaming section? Another that you searched for all trailers and subtitles?

You could try to delete the database and see if that helps... Or else, there are tools to run queries on SQLite databases, that way, you could easily remove them from the history.

Yes, your error is common. I would suggest to try running from source, then see if that helps. If you need assistance, come to the couchpotato irc channel on freenode: irc.freenode.net #couchpotato

Thanks, downloaded a firefox SQlite addon and deleted all the movies marked as downloaded. Worked a treat! Think I'll just hold out for next release and hope you guys work your magic with the renaming! Smile Don't have much free time with university atm! Smile

- Mike8913 - 2011-02-01

is there any way to have CP delete old versions of a movie. Say it finds a dvdrip first and then downloads a 720p the next day. As it stands now I simply retain both copies. Is there any way to have CP delete the dvdrip after completing the 720p download?

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-01

Mike8913 Wrote:is there any way to have CP delete old versions of a movie. Say it finds a dvdrip first and then downloads a 720p the next day. As it stands now I simply retain both copies. Is there any way to have CP delete the dvdrip after completing the 720p download?

I thought couch potato did this already? I just started with this app this week so I have not had any duplicate movies download but I think this needs to be part of the app. If not you could have 4 or more dupliates as I chose R5, Screener, DVD, 720, and then 1080.

- alshain - 2011-02-01

It already does that.

- cable_guy - 2011-02-01

alshain Wrote:cable_guy: My crystall ball is sort of clouded right now.... I suggest you take a look into the log Wink Else, you can join said IRC channel.

haha sorry, http://pastebin.com/NUkX3Y33 does that help you at all? I also noticed that my DVD-Rip icon is the only one glowing green, however I can see a 720p version of The Long Weekend on NZBMatrix for e.g.

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-02-02

arghhh! This app just deleted all 300 of my movies and I have no idea why!?!?!

In the renaming tab I set-up the download folder as the local drive on my HTPC where movies are downloaded and the Movie destination folder is set as the folder on my 2tb external HDD. I also have the remove leftovers from downloads option ticked.

All of my downloads on my external drive have been deleted. Looking in the log file I have hundreds of entries like this:

23:18:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Unforgiven.mkv
23:18:00 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Twilight 3 - Eclipse.mkv
23:18:00 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Twilight 2 - New Moon.mkv

Why would this happen? I have checked my settings over and over, surely this is a major bug?

- alshain - 2011-02-02

I don't know what to say really...
The reason is, probably, that they were not in individual folders... but that they would be deleted in this fashion.. that's truly not so clever. I suggest you get a tool to undelete your files. Make sure nothing writes to that harddrive/partition in the meantime.

cable_guy: I'll attend to that tomorrow.

- Aenima99x - 2011-02-02

Cyberkid2002 Wrote:arghhh! This app just deleted all 300 of my movies and I have no idea why!?!?!

In the renaming tab I set-up the download folder as the local drive on my HTPC where movies are downloaded and the Movie destination folder is set as the folder on my 2tb external HDD. I also have the remove leftovers from downloads option ticked.

All of my downloads on my external drive have been deleted. Looking in the log file I have hundreds of entries like this:

23:18:01 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Unforgiven.mkv
23:18:00 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Twilight 3 - Eclipse.mkv
23:18:00 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Removed old file: d:\Video\Movies\Twilight 2 - New Moon.mkv

Why would this happen? I have checked my settings over and over, surely this is a major bug?

Might be of some help to try and get your files back

- gerner - 2011-02-02

hello,

Thanks for couchpotato, love it.

However, it seems to not be working for a few movies.

E.g. Requested a DVD rip for Every Little Step, from logs this uses the following search URL:
http://thepiratebay.org/search/Every+Little+Step+dvdrip/0/7/200. This URL returns one result, 5 seeds, 1 leech, for a rip in the file size limit. No further logging is performed, but torrent is not snatched.

Let me know if you need more info, fingers crossed it's replicable if you add the Every Little Step movie.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I left Recuva running last night and it has restored around 70% of my files so all is not lost.

After much investigation it turns out that it was my fault. I had put a static entry in the folder name box rather than a variable. As such it deleted everything in that folder, which just so happened to be my movies folder Sad

A couple of suggestions to the developer which may help people like me out in the future... Is it either possible to force users to enter a variable within the folder name box and not save if one is not entered? Alternatively is it possible to limit the number of files deleted by the renamer to 1, it should never have to delete more old versions that the one file it is replacing.

- coendeurloo - 2011-02-02

coendeurloo Wrote:Is there a way to let it download a movie in either 720p or 1080p? I now choose 720p, but if there is a 1080p I'd rather have it download that version.

Anyone? This sounds like a pretty basic option right? Maybe I'm just missing something.

- alshain - 2011-02-02

gerner: I've never worked with torrents, sorry.

Cyberkid: I see what you're suggestion, however, it won't work that way. It always does only one delete. Then, it will go and take the next movie, and it'll see that it already exists.
So it deletes them "gradually", not all at once.

- alshain - 2011-02-02

coendeurloo Wrote:Anyone? This sounds like a pretty basic option right? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Yes, you create a custom quality where 1080p is the topmost quality.

alshain Wrote:gerner: I've never worked with torrents, sorry.

Cyberkid: I see what you're suggestion, however, it won't work that way. It always does only one delete. Then, it will go and take the next movie, and it'll see that it already exists.
So it deletes them "gradually", not all at once.

Im not too sure about deleting one at a time. It was only moving one file for me but in one go deleted my whole collection.

I was thinking about this on the way in and from a coding point of view the easiest option may be to have the folder name entry box insist on have a < and > in. This would, at least, stop the simple entering of a folder name. Just a thought.

- owen-b - 2011-02-02

Sorry for the n00b Q, can someone link me a good description of how to get CP running from source on a Mac, bearing in mind I currently have it running from the application so not sure what I'd need to change. I installed SickBeard through the Terminal, so I'm confident, I just need instructions Smile