[RELEASE] SABnzbd+ (Programs) Plugin - Manage SABnzbd and search for files from XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] SABnzbd+ (Programs) Plugin - Manage SABnzbd and search for files from XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=76182)
[RELEASE] SABnzbd+ (Programs) Plugin - Manage SABnzbd and search for files from XBMC - kricker - 2010-06-24 20:43
This version is no longer maintained. for a current SABnzbs addon see Popeye's new version available from his repo.
If you are currently using this add-on and it is in your video add-ons section note that the new one will go into the programs section where it rightfully belongs. You should un-install this add-on before installing the version from Popeye or you may encounter some strangeness.
Manage SABnzbd and search for files. For use with SABnzbd+ .5.1 or higher.
Google Code page
Add issues and track progress there.
Zip files for manual install
Sabnzbd+ .5.1 or higher
XBMC with add-on support (currently this means a SVN version)
To get the new version in XBMC:
System/Add-ons/get add-ons/XBMC.org add-ons/Media Sources
Install and configure.
1) Configure Plugin in System/Add-ons
2) Enter your sabnzbd host, port, username, password & API key
3) Enter Newzbin username & password
4) Enter NZBS.org ID & Hash (On NZBS.org click the RSS button to see these. ID is after &i=, hash is after &h=)
5) If you want imdb info & posters enable them
6) If you want any extra RSS feeds, open settings.py and add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)
*note for the RSS feed to work, it requires the link to point directly to an nzb file, with no user/pass needed
Go to Programs and run SABnzbd.
*reserved* - kricker - 2010-06-24 20:44
reserved for future content
*reserved 2* - kricker - 2010-06-24 20:46
reserved for even more content
- maruchan - 2010-06-25 00:07
Great work Kricker. I've also been hacking away at adding more features to this plugin. I'd never programmed in Python before this, nor did I have any experience with XBMC plugins before, but I have managed to incorporate the following using my wits and some copy and pasting:
- IMDB poster fetching for custom RSS feeds that do not include it in the RSS feed itself. It does this by searching IMDB through Google using the movie title. It seems to be reliable about 95% of the time.
- AniDB image fetching for feeds with the category set to 'anime' This currently just pulls an image. It's not as reliable as the IMDB lookup and works about 50% of the time. Regex needs a lot of improvement and unfortunately anime posts rarely follow logical naming conventions, unlike movies/scene releases.
- Display size of each result next to the name in both the RSS view and the queue. This comes in pretty handy when dealing with HD content. I've only tested this on a few sites and it works fine, I can't vouch for all custom feeds.
- Display download speed and MB left in the Queue view.
There's a lot of things that need to be ironed out, but once I stabilize stuff a bit more I'd be glad to post the source if anyone is interested in any of the mentioned features.
- branlr - 2010-06-25 01:30
maruchan Wrote:Great work Kricker. I've also been hacking away at adding more features to this plugin. I'd never programmed in Python before this, nor did I have any experience with XBMC plugins before, but I have managed to incorporate the following using my wits and some copy and pasting:
Wow, that sounds great! I can't wait for you to post these changes.
Thanks to both of you for all of the great improvements to this essential plugin!
Maruchan--Just out of curiosity, do you think you can make it find thumbs for TV shows by title as well, since you already have it working for custom RSS feeds by title? Obviously you have no obligation to do so, but that would be AMAZINGLY cool if you could!
- maruchan - 2010-06-25 02:00
branlr Wrote:Maruchan--Just out of curiosity, do you think you can make it find thumbs for TV shows by title as well, since you already have it working for custom RSS feeds by title? Obviously you have no obligation to do so, but that would be AMAZINGLY cool if you could!
Yeah, I already have it pulling whatever poster IMDB has for the TV show. It seems like IMDB doesn't have a huge amount of posters for TV shows, but it's pretty good about pulling in the ones that do.
- kricker - 2010-06-25 03:50
Great! I'd reserved the 2nd post for feature request we discussed but you've already managed them all. When you get them ironed out I'd love to test them and add them to the plugin on the repo.
Maybe we can figure out how to use theTVdb for posters for TV show feeds.
- CrashX - 2010-06-25 04:02
Any chance for http://www.nzbmatrix.com/ support ?
- maruchan - 2010-06-25 04:09
CrashX Wrote:Any chance for http://www.nzbmatrix.com/ support ?
I don't have an nzbmatrix VIP account (which I think you need), so that's gonna have to come from someone else. And Kricker, one feature that I don't think I have the ability to add is auto-refreshing the Queue so stats are updated every X amount of seconds.
- kricker - 2010-06-25 04:10
It's my custom feeds and works fine. I've thought about adding it as an option. I'll add it in the same time I get Maruchan's changes.