Kodi Community Forum
Requests - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Shade (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+----- Thread: Requests (/showthread.php?tid=76388)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- vanOert - 2010-08-09

chareos Wrote:Also an option to reduce dim (make more visible) on fanart in some views!

Oh, and the seek bar (on bottom, while playing a video) looks great.
but, it should appear also when pressing the "info" button, or the button to access the various settings (video, audio, subtitles...)
As of now, the only way I have to see "how much of the movie I've seen, how much left still" is to pause it.

+ 1 on both points. Now that you mentioned it, the seek-bar issue actually annoys me more than ever. Big Grin

- User 49598 - 2010-08-10

A little clarification about my previous request for a bigger font set.
I meant *another* font set, a second one; user would be able to choose from "normal" and "bigger" from xbmc menu.

- User 49598 - 2010-08-10

I'd also ask to replace stars with a different, smaller, thin, neat version... actually, they draw attention more than the... episode title !

- JDizzy - 2010-08-10

chareos Wrote:I'd also ask to replace stars with a different, smaller, thin, neat version... actually, they draw attention more than the... episode title !
Stars are large... an option to toggle on/off would be nice.

- vanOert - 2010-08-10

JDizzy Wrote:Stars are large... an option to toggle on/off would be nice.

Maybe swap the stars for numeric rating with the toggle. Don't know if anyone else does, but I'd actually prefer that since it's more accurate, especially with tv-show-episodes where most of the time ratings don't vary that much.

- JDizzy - 2010-08-11

vanOert Wrote:Maybe swap the stars for numeric rating with the toggle. Don't know if anyone else does, but I'd actually prefer that since it's more accurate, especially with tv-show-episodes where most of the time ratings don't vary that much.

Most of the time, ratings have nothing to do with if I do or don't watch something. Big Grin

- vanOert - 2010-08-11

JDizzy Wrote:Most of the time, ratings have nothing to do with if I do or don't watch something. Big Grin

They often do matter to me. That of course is my personal preference, but I'd like to have that option. Wink

- ederson - 2010-08-30

Any plans on adding cu lyrics support ?

- vanOert - 2010-09-02

Don't know how to put this, but I'm not quite happy with Set support for movies, could look nicer. If I have a real suggestion I'll let you know.

- dan1son - 2010-09-07

First off, sorry if these requests have been posted in this thread, I don't really have time to read it (no offense... just super busy and wanted to try to help).

Music view:
The year of release is super important to me, I'd love it if that was on every album view so I can use more than the "fanart" view and still know when the release happens. Music is probably my most used feature in XBMC, and I have a lot of albums by a lot of artists.

Movies/TV view:
A small overlay showing if "watched" on every view would be nice (on the list, not just when highlighted). That's important enough to me that I need it. Can be small and in the corner of fanart/poster/list name. I tend to page through my lists, so it needs to be glanceable imho.

MPAA rating should also be on every view that already has the little icons (it might be?) When you have kids, you'll understand why. Smile

A way to keep "view new items" on yet still bounce through my backgrounds. Fanart sticks when that mode is on.

All views:
Use fanart for backgrounds (not sure how doable this is, but it'd be cool).

That's just the stuff I can think of without looking. I'll take a closer look soon and post some more.

I truly like the skin, it's definitely one of my favorites and is in regular use at my house.

- dan1son - 2010-09-09

Found another one that would be stellar. I tend to play music from the music selection views. Namely "Info List" inside of an album (so the tracks are listed). In shade there is currently no information about what is playing on that view. You're artier than I am, so I'll let you figure out how to implement it, but a detailed box or something and the current playing track highlighted in the list would be great. Seems to be plenty of room...

I'm sure a similar thing could be implemented on the other music views.

- Slurrrp - 2010-09-09

Can you make a big list view... so that there's more text on screen?
Examples...
Shade list view
Ellipsis 'big' list

And i would love to see an extra tv episode view.. something like alaska would be cool, love that view, i know you've got a view like that but i find it to hard to read the text.

- igotdvds - 2010-09-09

Slurrrp Wrote:Can you make a big list view... so that there's more text on screen?
Examples...
Shade list view
Ellipsis 'big' list

And i would love to see an extra tv episode view.. something like alaska would be cool, love that view, i know you've got a view like that but i find it to hard to read the text.

So basically the same views but with larger fonts?

How about an option that changes the font to be a bit bigger as opposed to a different view?

- dan1son - 2010-09-09

igotdvds Wrote:So basically the same views but with larger fonts?

How about an option that changes the font to be a bit bigger as opposed to a different view?

I think he's looking for a "wide" list view. So more text fits without the need for scrolling.

Personally I think the skin is great, it just needs some more metadata shown on the views overall. I also noticed some of the views don't even show a "watched/unwatched" count for tv episodes when looking at show lists or seasons. It's stuff like that which really fill out a skin and keep it usable day to day.

I have no doubt if people knew about this skin that they'd use it. Some tweaks and throw it on the repo, I'm sure the userbase would expand quickly.

- igotdvds - 2010-09-09

dan1son Wrote:I think he's looking for a "wide" list view. So more text fits without the need for scrolling.

Personally I think the skin is great, it just needs some more metadata shown on the views overall. I also noticed some of the views don't even show a "watched/unwatched" count for tv episodes when looking at show lists or seasons. It's stuff like that which really fill out a skin and keep it usable day to day.

I have no doubt if people knew about this skin that they'd use it. Some tweaks and throw it on the repo, I'm sure the userbase would expand quickly.

Could you do me a favor and draw on a screenshot where the watched tick would go? I cant find a suitable place for it.

Also, I try to use as much metadata as I can. What view is missing it?