Kodi Community Forum
Lenovo Ideacentre Q150 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Lenovo Ideacentre Q150 (/showthread.php?tid=76544)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lenovo Ideacentre Q150 - jabbur - 2010-07-02

Is anyone using this hardware (http://bit.ly/aIoUi5)?

I am evaluating it to use XBMC under linux.

Any impressions are welcome.

- Smolex - 2010-07-02

I have been looking at this item as well. Based on the specs alone it should handle xbmc live or windows 7 version with out problem even with 1080p. My only problem that I see form the spec sheet is its only 10/100. For me that is a deal breaker. Hope someone that owns one can enlighten us more. Thanks.

- jabbur - 2010-07-02

Did some searching and could not find anything oficial from Lenovo. The gdgt site (http://gdgt.com/lenovo/ideacentre/q150/specs/) shows as 10/100/1000 but I cannot say for sure that this is real.

- smalla - 2010-07-03

i am looking for one... anybody knows a shop which sells it in europe?

lenovo Q150 and XBMC - 0me9a - 2010-07-06

I have purchased the Q150 and have spent a little time getting Ubuntu 10.04 installed. Out of the box the display works but was slightly off (i have a 52" LCD wide-screen). The HDMI port was good to go but Ubuntu wont natively send audio signals through the port without some tweaking, Ubuntu also didn't recognize the on board wireless. I will try Ubuntu 9.10 later today for out of box support. As far as the 10/100 debate, my only opinion is that for video streaming, it is more than adequate. The needed bitrate for watching HD content is not anywhere near 10/100 speeds. I personally will utilize wireless N for connectivity. The small silent form factor and amazing remote/keyboard/mouse make this a great piece of hardware!

- jabbur - 2010-07-06

0me9a Wrote:I have purchased the Q150 and have spent a little time getting Ubuntu 10.04 installed. Out of the box the display works but was slightly off (i have a 52" LCD wide-screen). The HDMI port was good to go but Ubuntu wont natively send audio signals through the port without some tweaking, Ubuntu also didn't recognize the on board wireless. I will try Ubuntu 9.10 later today for out of box support. As far as the 10/100 debate, my only opinion is that for video streaming, it is more than adequate. The needed bitrate for watching HD content is not anywhere near 10/100 speeds. I personally will utilize wireless N for connectivity. The small silent form factor and amazing remote/keyboard/mouse make this a great piece of hardware!

0me9a, thanks a lot for the information. I have searched Lenovo web site for Linux drivers but I could not find them.

Let us know how your test with 9.10 goes.

- smalla - 2010-07-08

still no resellers in europe?

- 0me9a - 2010-07-08

Ubuntu 9.10 is a no go out of the box either. We can tweak the configs to get sound through HDMI rather than video only but there is still the issue of no wireless support and the Nvidia drivers still seem to slightly offset my display on my Sony 52" LCD HDTV. I will try and track down Linux drivers straight from the manufacturer and slipstream them into a live XBMC distro.

On the flip side, I installed Windows 7 Pro and installed the Lenovo site drivers for the Q150. Everything works beautifully. However I am booting into Windows and then XBMC is loading, not ideal for me as a Linux fan boy and I hate all the hints to the underlying Win install, regardless of all the fixes to building a prebuild environment and hiding Windows while XBMC boots. I will continue hacking away at a live XBMC ISO with all needed drivers for an out-of-box painless boot.

- jabbur - 2010-07-09

Thanks for the update ^^^.

As you, I do prefer to run my environment on Linux, but this box seems to be such a good buy that I can consider using Windows (as it comes with the one sold by Newegg).

One question, have you tried some 1080p content on Windows? If so, have you had any problems?

- joshua.lyon - 2010-07-09

0me9a Wrote:Ubuntu 9.10 is a no go out of the box either. We can tweak the configs to get sound through HDMI rather than video only but there is still the issue of no wireless support and the Nvidia drivers still seem to slightly offset my display on my Sony 52" LCD HDTV. I will try and track down Linux drivers straight from the manufacturer and slipstream them into a live XBMC distro.

On the flip side, I installed Windows 7 Pro and installed the Lenovo site drivers for the Q150. Everything works beautifully. However I am booting into Windows and then XBMC is loading, not ideal for me as a Linux fan boy and I hate all the hints to the underlying Win install, regardless of all the fixes to building a prebuild environment and hiding Windows while XBMC boots. I will continue hacking away at a live XBMC ISO with all needed drivers for an out-of-box painless boot.

So you have -or- have not tried the latest nvidia drivers in the Linux setup? I had trouble with my acer revo 1600 (Nvidia Ion) setup as well and after I installed / configured the latest nvidia drivers it resolved a lot of the issues I was having (including audio)...

- lafa - 2010-07-12

I have one of those, and posted some instructions here.

http://ossnotebook.blogspot.com/2010/07/ubuntu-1001-maverick-on-lenovo-q150.html

or here
http://ossnotebook.blogspot.com

- lafa - 2010-07-12

Hi Ome9a,

Can you post your config options to make the sound work thru HDMI, I was able to make that work but the sounds is strange and metallic, it works fine on windows so it must the drivers.

0me9a Wrote:Ubuntu 9.10 is a no go out of the box either. We can tweak the configs to get sound through HDMI rather than video only but there is still the issue of no wireless support and the Nvidia drivers still seem to slightly offset my display on my Sony 52" LCD HDTV. I will try and track down Linux drivers straight from the manufacturer and slipstream them into a live XBMC distro.

- ciguli2 - 2010-07-12

@0me9a and @lafa: I am interested in Q150, but can't find its input voltage anywhere. Is it 110 - 240 which means it can be used worldwide? Can you please check?

Thank you

- jabbur - 2010-07-13

@Ome9a and @lafa, can you tell me if the Q150 is silent?

- misterpink - 2010-07-13

ciguli - the Q110 power supply was 110/230, I can't imagine the 150 going backwards in that department. I don't ever recall a lenovo power brick that wasn't.