Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- gargoyle67 - 2010-08-09

mm still can't see an option in the settings/appearance/skins menu for the floor to change it to dark, The only options showing are (theme) and (colours) menu options neither of which change the flooring effect darkHuh
Light blue floor effect:

- Kabooka - 2010-08-09

Hey guys, how do I install this on a Darma release on OSx ?

- mindweaver - 2010-08-09

gargoyle67 Wrote:mm still can't see an option in the settings/appearance/skins menu for the floor to change it to dark, The only options showing are (theme) and (colours) menu options neither of which change the flooring effect darkHuh
Light blue floor effect:

Go into SETTINGS -> ADVANCED -> MEDIA BROWSERS -> VIEW ALTERNATIVES (I believe that is what it is called in english. "VY-ALTERNATIV in Swedish) and then you see it, right at the bottom (you may have to scroll)

USE DARK FLOOR IN MEDIA VIEWS

- gargoyle67 - 2010-08-09

Great mindweaver, That was it, Not in the skin menu at all, which I think would be a more logical location Oo Anywho got it nice and dark Nod Thanks all

Win7 64bit Revo R3610 slow to display home menu - velcrow - 2010-08-09

First post - Hi All

Issue -

Confluence works well but Aeon is slow to return to the home menu.

By slow I mean 5-8 seconds. So when I hit the Esc key Aeon displays a blank screen for 5+ seconds.

I know confluence does not immediately show the home menu but display the background image while the menu is built but its slightly faster and less jarring.

I don't think it is a CPU issue as there are no spikes. I have a recent (Aug 6) build of Dharma and Aeon65

All help is very much appreciated.

BTW: Have done some searching and tried out the delete guisettings.xml solution but it has made no difference.

The Revo is a dedicated xbmc box so I willing to try anything e.g. move to Linux etc..

Thanks Velcrow

- chanders - 2010-08-09

Velcrow, I see this is your first post Smile

Its not a CPU issue. Its just the way the skin is designed. I was hoping that one of the skinners would be able to optimize it so that the delay wouldn't be present, but it happens to me also. Maybe phil65/pix/mindweaver/? would be able to give some insight into this?

- pixdamix - 2010-08-09

I'll take a look some day. I honestly do not have aby idea why it's so slow.

- velcrow - 2010-08-09

Thanks for the help.

Its early days for me on xbmc. I was a popcorn user for years but saw the Aeon skin in all its glory and that converted me.

Well I can start looking at this myself - I'm not sure its that slow. Difference between it and confluence is only a couple of seconds but...what really adds to the "feeling" of being less responsive is the lack of a background image while the menu is being built.

Is this a Revo specific problem or machine agnostic?

Time to start a new project...

BTW: I still use the popcorn and it has a nice faux Aeon based skin.

- paco - 2010-08-10

velcrow Wrote:Is this a Revo specific problem or machine agnostic?

I tested the same scenario on my PC and it takes 2 seconds (fade to black and back) to return to the home menu from any submenu.

Intel C2D E8200, Nvidia 8500GT, Windows 7 x86

- velcrow - 2010-08-10

Thanks Paco

While I have you... I experience this more for "Movies" than any other menu, for example coming back to the home menu from Music is more snappy.

Can you let me know how many movies you have indexed in your library (100, 200, 300 ) and are you using the lowlist?

Thanks Velcrow

- Shinu - 2010-08-10

I'm not able to make playlists with video files, only with music files. Is this an issue with the skin or with XBMC. If it's a skin issue, how do I fix it?

- paco - 2010-08-10

velcrow Wrote:Thanks Paco

While I have you... I experience this more for "Movies" than any other menu, for example coming back to the home menu from Music is more snappy.

Can you let me know how many movies you have indexed in your library (100, 200, 300 ) and are you using the lowlist?

Thanks Velcrow

I am using Showcase view for Movies, TV and Music. I have 220 movies and 38 TV shows (1249 episodes). Any viewtype (I tested Lowlist as well) takes 2 seconds to get back to the main menu. The initial entry into Movies (first time only) takes 3 seconds. It could be because my Movies and TV Shows are on a NAS (Dlink 323 hooked up to a Gigabit network).

- pHo - 2010-08-10

Just checking: when I update in GIT, I can then copy the new file over the old skin.aeon65 file I'm on without losing any settings (unless I've physically messed with the files in that folder by hand) ? If not, what do I back up to make sure nothing is lost?

- Brad P - 2010-08-11

velcrow Wrote:Thanks Paco

Thanks Velcrow

I have 250 movies and 50 TV shows in my library, Showcase in Flow (and tried in Flat) and I have a delay when a TV show or movie is finished and it goes back to the menu. There is probably a 3-4 second delay. My specs are in my sig.

I noticed this delay around the 220-230 movie mark. My TV Show number hasn't significantly changed.

- hourami - 2010-08-11

boston85 Wrote:fixed it, the folder structure was wrong .....thx

I am having the same problem you had. I downloaded as instructed, renamed it and put it into the add on folder but it is not showing up in the themes section or add on section

UPDATE does this go into the invisible add-on folder or the viewable one?