Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- sergiocos - 2010-08-17

1) not a skin issue
2) are you sure? screensaver has 4 options: none, black, dim, slideshow (none related to music and cdart, but to power consumption and/or picture slideshow when idle). What you want can be achieved pressing tab when music is playing
3) not ready/coded for dharma yet
4) you have to edit your keymap.xml
4 again?! Tongue ) you have to map a remote button to act like pressing L (cycle subs) or T (toggle subs ON/OFF)
5) probably not into Aeon65 skin yet

- hubfred - 2010-08-17

regarding 5) Play a song and switch to visualization via the <tab>-button on your keyboard (or the button you use on your remote). Now that you're in visualization mode press 'M'. The menu that should appear (similar to the one for movies) now contains an additional button on the left side if I am not mistaken. Operate it and CU lyrics starts fetching the lyrics. It may take up to five seconds.

Good luck.

- Andre Carvalho - 2010-08-17

sergiocos Wrote:2) are you sure? screensaver has 4 options: none, black, dim, slideshow (none related to music and cdart, but to power consumption and/or picture slideshow when idle). What you want can be achieved pressing tab when music is playing

Thanks Sergiocos.

Yes, the screensaver can be none, black, dim or slideshow for movies or anything else. For music, however, there's an option to allow for visualization instead of screensaver. And then the visualization does take more than 1 minute (set on my AEON as the screensaver time) if I'm at the Home screen hovering anything else other than Settings... Weird...

I'm asking that because before when I was playing music, doesn't matter if I was on home screen or not, after 1 minute the screen would go blank and start to show the CD cover with CD art, the fanart of the artist playing, the name of the music, the next and previous song, etc. I like that. However, this only works now if I'm hovering Settings menu when the screensaver starts. If I'm anywhere else, like for instance Movies, the music keeps playing as the movies backdrops keep switching because I'm hovering Movies menu. And suddenly, maybe 10 minutes later, the screensaver starts, showing it the way it was supposed to (the way I just described above).

No big deal. Just weird.

Andre

- Andre Carvalho - 2010-08-17

hubfred Wrote:regarding 5) Play a song and switch to visualization via the <tab>-button on your keyboard (or the button you use on your remote). Now that you're in visualization mode press 'M'. The menu that should appear (similar to the one for movies) now contains an additional button on the left side if I am not mistaken. Operate it and CU lyrics starts fetching the lyrics. It may take up to five seconds.

Good luck.

Thanks Hubfred. I'll try it tonight.

Andre

- toprunner2786 - 2010-08-17

I may be missing something, but I have read through the instructions for installing aeon65 and can't figure out why to put the skin files in ~/.xbmc/addons insead of ~/.xbmc/skin

should I create an addons directory in ~./xbmc Huh thanks!

- butchabay - 2010-08-17

toprunner2786 Wrote:I may be missing something, but I have read through the instructions for installing aeon65 and can't figure out why to put the skin files in ~/.xbmc/addons insead of ~/.xbmc/skin

should I create an addons directory in ~./xbmc Huh thanks!

If you have read the instructions, you have to install a nightly build of xbmc. This skin is not thought to be used with the stable xbmc release.

- Xeijin - 2010-08-18

Hmm, anyone know why Aeon65 is not appearing in my Skins list in Settings?

I've used the git linux installation method, the .xbmc and addons folders did not exist so I had to create them.

I am running as root, but since I installed XBMC as root (from SVN of course) I thought this would not be a problem?

- mindweaver - 2010-08-18

Hmm, how do I turn off the smoke effect? Or is there no option for that just yet?

- gargoyle67 - 2010-08-18

mindweaver Wrote:Hmm, how do I turn off the smoke effect? Or is there no option for that just yet?
I asked that very question:
phil65 Wrote:Settings --> Fanart
Perhaps I should move it to general settings..

Settings/Advanced/Fanart Then flip the "Active Shadow Effect" I saw it but thought it would be called smoke effect or somethingConfused

- phil65 - 2010-08-18

gargoyle67 Wrote:I asked that very question:

Settings/Advanced/Fanart Then flip the "Active Shadow Effect" I saw it but thought it would be called smoke effect or somethingConfused

renamed it now

- gargoyle67 - 2010-08-18

Thanks for that PhilNod

- yeroash - 2010-08-19

Love the skin, and appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing to keep it up to date. Thanks alot Smile

- Cephster - 2010-08-19

Hello all, long time lurker. Love this skin. I recently upgraded to the Dharma version, and I noticed there's no longer a backdrop slideshow on the main menu like there was in the Camelot version. Also, there's no sounds until I load up a movie. Is this normal, or am I missing something in the configuration?

- veneetle - 2010-08-19

Could you please add back the IMDB rating into the info dialog. Possible placement?

- pixdamix - 2010-08-19

veneetle Wrote:Could you please add back the IMDB rating into the info dialog. Possible placement?
Features request / Bug reports goes on Github please.