Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- phil65 - 2010-08-28

I was playing around with wall view, but I want to know from you first if it´s worth the effort. Can you guys try this and give your opinions?

- rolandb5 - 2010-08-28

Is it possible to see the movierating in low-list view like this Plex 9 screen in Aeon65? http://elan.plexapp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/NewImage.jpg

The only possibility I see is to switch either the year with the rating (not my preference) or to use the 'extended' low list view, but in that case shows a rather limited number of movies in the list.

- hackyli - 2010-08-28

First I want to say that I love this skin. Thanks for the hard work.

There are a few points, that actually don't work for me:

1. There is no longer time and date on the home screen showing
2. When I made a Smart-Playlist (e.g. I sort out my HD-Movies from the SD-Movies) and put that on Favorites it works fine. When I put this Favorite as a new menu point, it doesn't work (no movies in database)
3. Is it possible, to put the function from Aeon Showmix with Sub-Menus in Aeon65?

Thanks in advance.

- Batemann - 2010-08-28

Phil,

I'm loving the new walll view you created. A lot better than the old one. Very nice job man!
Could you put this in for music as well? I would love that.

Also, A few bugs/suggestions:

I wanna thank you for the revised kiosk mode. You put the trailers buttons in the kiosk mode. So with Kiosk mode on, the trailers button in the info screen is not visible.

Line 271:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskmode) + Container.Content(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(youtrailer)</visible>

Also Kiosk mode: Could you put the changing viewtype into kioskmode as well. This is the most annoying when "noobs" are using Aeon. Viewtype is set once, and then left that way. A lot of casual users pull up the slidemenu by accident, and then start clicking and they change the viewtype accidently, causing a "I broke it!" reaction.

I am glad you put the poster view into tvshows. But it needs a little more info. The watched overlay is very usefull under tvshows. Also studio logo would be nice. And maybe a Unwatched-count just above the title, or somewhere else in the floor?

Aslo; posterview would be ideal for fileview. So non-library folders... ;-)

Just an idea: in conjuction with new xbmc functionality: when I click on a movie, xbmc comes up with a popup to select the action: Play, show information, etc. I think it would be great if the "watch trailer" was available under that as well. Again: for the people that only use XBMC, not fiddle around with it 24/7, like us. ;-) Don't know if it's possible, as I think the popup is filled by XBMC...

- Batemann - 2010-08-28

Wow, I just saw your new onscreen display. Great work! I especially love the inclusion of "director", "writer" and "rating". That's information I always love. I only saw that when playing a tvshow, the episode thumb and the clearart are displayed on top of each other. That not what you where going for I guess.
Ow and for consistency: the yellow should be the default Aeon Blue, but that just my opinion. ;-) I can always change that myself.

- pixdamix - 2010-08-28

Thanks phil65 for the hard work you're putting into Aeon65.

I've been away and will probably for a week or so. (Working on an homebrew "Ambilight" project for my HTPC, and have a lot of work and less free time).

- Batemann - 2010-08-28

An Idea I was having for a while now: I use the show cast quite a lot, especially to see what other movies the actor played in. I would love that same funcionality for directors. So that the director is clickable, and you get a list of all the other movies in your library that guy has made.
I would be even cooler if you could see a list of ALL the movies that director has made, (kinda like a discography for artist) and it would be visible which movies are IN your library, and which ones you are missing. But that is something XBMC cannot do by itself. But it would be cool. ;-)

- pixdamix - 2010-08-28

Batemann Wrote:An Idea I was having for a while now: I use the show cast quite a lot, especially to see what other movies the actor played in. I would love that same funcionality for directors. So that the director is clickable, and you get a list of all the other movies in your library that guy has made.
I would be even cooler if you could see a list of ALL the movies that director has made, (kinda like a discography for artist) and it would be visible which movies are IN your library, and which ones you are missing. But that is something XBMC cannot do by itself. But it would be cool. ;-)

I think it might be done with a plugin for sure, I don't think this is doable without.

- hubfred - 2010-08-28

I am using the most recent version of Aeon65 and wanted to try the pause mod or what you have used of it, respectively.

When I play an episode I get the episode preview thumb displayed instead of the tv show thumb. Plus, it is displayed "on top" of the clearart, whereas the former position of the tv show thumb is empty.

- mark007 - 2010-08-28

Batemann Wrote:An Idea I was having for a while now: I use the show cast quite a lot, especially to see what other movies the actor played in. I would love that same funcionality for directors. So that the director is clickable, and you get a list of all the other movies in your library that guy has made.

I often do this by pressing the down key on movies on the main menu and selecting director. Choosing a director then shows you all the movies. Not sure if this functionality can be integrated into the info dialog though.

The only problem I see is that images for directors don't show up. eg I have an image for Clint Eastwood as he is in some movies I have, but hes also the director in some movies. The image shows up for the actor, but not for him as a director.

Actor shows his image
http://img827.imageshack.us/i/screenshot020lv.jpg/

Director shows a strange white folder image
http://img441.imageshack.us/i/screenshot021s.jpg/

- mark007 - 2010-08-28

Breaking theme selection has been reported on trac now http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10011

- pixdamix - 2010-08-28

hubfred Wrote:I am using the most recent version of Aeon65 and wanted to try the pause mod or what you have used of it, respectively.

When I play an episode I get the episode preview thumb displayed instead of the tv show thumb. Plus, it is displayed "on top" of the clearart, whereas the former position of the tv show thumb is empty.

Fixed. By the way, next time please report the bug on github please

- Xeijin - 2010-08-28

I love Aeon but I think it may be a bit much for my Acer Revo (ION graphics, Dual core Atom 330 processor, 3GB RAM). I do find a certain amount of lag when scrolling through menus and it's particularly bad when scrolling through movies. Is there anything I can do about this (i.e. turn off some of the eye candy, like smoke trails?)

Thanks for your continued hard work.

- hubfred - 2010-08-28

pixdamix Wrote:Fixed. By the way, next time please report the bug on github please

Ok, sorry, I will. I didn't know if it was really a bug or just own system/stupidity.

Btw, and regarding git itself, downloading via GitBash (Windows) works perfectly. When I try to update with 'git pull' the terminal says s.th. like 'fatal not a git repository or any of the parent directories'. It doesn't matter if I move the downloaded folder to the addon folder (as proposed) or leave it in c:\aeon.

Probably it is due to my messed up Windows installation since other things don't work either. My beloved SSD just died on me so I had to use an old one Smile

Thanks for everything you did so far.
Bye.

- phil65 - 2010-08-28

hubfred Wrote:Ok, sorry, I will. I didn't know if it was really a bug or just own system/stupidity.

Btw, and regarding git itself, downloading via GitBash (Windows) works perfectly. When I try to update with 'git pull' the terminal says s.th. like 'fatal not a git repository or any of the parent directories'. It doesn't matter if I move the downloaded folder to the addon folder (as proposed) or leave it in c:\aeon.

Probably it is due to my messed up Windows installation since other things don't work either. My beloved SSD just died on me so I had to use an old one Smile

Thanks for everything you did so far.
Bye.

you´re probably trying to git pull on the parent folder of the skin. when cloning the repo git creates a folder inside the one you started the clone process in. you have to go there (cd aeon) and git pull then.
in other words, make sure that the folder you rightclick to start the git bash contains the hidden .git directory, then it should work.