Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- Brad P - 2010-08-29

Been using Aeon now and really like it. I just discovered for a multi-disk movie that when you click on the title, up comes a dialog with a Part selection...ie, Part 1, Part 2, etc Is there a way to change it to Disk 1, Disk 2 etc?

Thanks!

- coendeurloo - 2010-08-29

I've noticed that when scrolling through the movies, when it can not load the fanart fast enough, you still see the original 'generic' backdrop scrolling in the background...isn't that a bit hard on resources when it isn't supposed to show anyway?

Why let the generic background scroll in the background when you're only supposed to see full screen fanart?

- Techathy - 2010-08-29

I have a very small feature request. In the video playlists it would be nice to have the option to display the watched overlay as per (Low) List view in `TV Shows` & `Movies`.

I tried doing this my self but just ended up breaking the play list display Blush

- pHo - 2010-08-29

kraaa Wrote:Image

i want to replace 1's info with #2 if possible.

High five for the inclusion of '...ing' in your library. Great film! Need to try get my limited edition .kr boxset of it back. I lent it out about 6 years ago, doh!

- phil65 - 2010-08-29

Added a reworked wall view. would be nice if someone who´s sitting in front of a big 16:9 monitor could adjust the watched labels as they don´t fit anymore.

- Techathy - 2010-08-29

I've had a quick go but if it's right at 2560x1600 & 1280x800 it's wrong at 1920x1200 & 1680x1080.Huh

- phil65 - 2010-08-29

I played a bit with wall views...
if you want, you can download this and replace the myvideonav.xml + the Viewtype_Wall.xml with one of the two new xmls in the zip.
Very buggy, these are only concepts.
Feedback would be nice.

EDIT: here´s another one with non-focused items darker. again, rename this to viewtype_wall.xml and overwrite the old one. you also need the myvideonav.xml from the zip

- pixdamix - 2010-08-29

Techathy Wrote:I've had a quick go but if it's right at 2560x1600 & 1280x800 it's wrong at 1920x1200 & 1680x1080.Huh

These aspect ratios aren't well supported. This skin is 16:9 (So, best viewed in 1280x720, 1920x1080)

- Techathy - 2010-08-29

Unfortunately my monitor point blank refuses to display a 16:9 at 16:9 & always scales to 16:10 which just looks nasty.

What I was seeing seemed to be rounding errors in the horizontal plane, as anything I manually calculated to be above #.5 was rounded up & was then pushed 1px to the right. This ment at 1920x1200 all the overlays were placed 1px too far to the right while being correct at 1280x800 & 2560x1600. Would that have been an artefact of being 16:10 instead of 16:9?

- boykster - 2010-08-30

The fullscreen wall looks nice, but I still prefer the original wall view with the border and info at the bottom. If you do add the new fullscreen wall (or other wall views) please consider keeping the original wall view too!

Oh, and I really appreciate all of the work put in to keep this skin going with the Dharma release - I just updated my 2 XBMC boxes with this skin (was using ShowMix) and it looks and runs fantastic.
Big Grin

- mindweaver - 2010-08-30

I would just like to say that I really like the new video pause OSD with small thumb and more info. looks classy and very retail. (tv-series)

Great job whoever made it Big Grin

- BitStreak - 2010-08-30

phil65 Wrote:Anyone using vertical scrolling in wall view?
I get some strange focusanimaton errors, and I´m thinkin now about removing this. This setting makes a lot of things harder to code. (in addition, the mirror effect isn´t possible when scrolling vertically)

I updated Aeon last night and I very much miss the vertical scrolling. That is the way I am used to scroll through lists both on the old XBOX with PM3 and in general - webpages, reading etc.

I find that the sorting of the movies looks strange and it is harder to find a certain title when the alignment is like this:

ADGJM
BEHKN
CFILO

It is simply easier for the/my brain to search a list like this:

ABCDE
FGHIJ
KLMNO

Sorry to hear that there are some problems making it work equally good vertically. I am sure I can get used to the horizontal way too - given some time.
This is a fantastic skin and I am deeply greatful for your contribution to making Aeon into what it has become! :-)

By the way, is there a reason for not having any sound effects (using the default sounds) while moving up or down - only when moving left or right?
It seems a bit strange. Or am I missing something?

- Mindzai - 2010-08-30

BitStreak Wrote:By the way, is there a reason for not having any sound effects (using the default sounds) while moving up or down - only when moving left or right?
It seems a bit strange. Or am I missing something?

That doesn't sound right (excuse the pun!), I have some nice bleepy sounds when using up/down and some nice wooshy sounds when using left/right.

- Techathy - 2010-08-30

While working on DialogSeekBar.xml I noticed that the video title could overlap with the time labels. Here's a very simple fix -

Code:
diff --git a/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml b/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
index 023274b..0c7edb8 100644
--- a/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
+++ b/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml
@@ -226,9 +226,9 @@
       </control>

<control type="label">
-       <posx>260</posx>
+       <posx>315</posx>
        <posy>22</posy>
-       <width>760</width>
+       <width>660</width>
        <height>25</height>
        <align>center</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>

- hubfred - 2010-08-30

Is it still possible to see the plain fanart (no cover/thumb) of e.g. a movie in showcase view? The former key combination/sequence was down arrow, down arrow. Now doing so brings up the options sidebar.

Thanks.