Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- scipio - 2010-08-31

Hi, i keep getting this error whenever i try to download the master branch;

fatal: index-pack failed
fatal: write error: Invalid argument

and them something about creating an empty folder, forgot to copy it.

Does anyone know what my problem is?

- chippie - 2010-08-31

scipio Wrote:Hi, i keep getting this error whenever i try to download the master branch;

and them something about creating an empty folder, forgot to copy it.

Does anyone know what my problem is?

I kept getting errors also so tried the TortoiseGIT method, that seems to work fine.

- scipio - 2010-09-01

I got the same error using git GUI and TortoiseGit.

This is my full log:

Quote:git.exe clone --progress -v "http://github.com/pix/aeon.git" "D:\aeon"

POST git-upload-pack (416 bytes)
Receiving objects: 26% (3973/14743), 139.24 MiB | 588 KiB/s
error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect data check)
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (7611/7611)
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (7611/7611), done.
Initialized empty Git repository in D:/aeon/.git/

- phil65 - 2010-09-01

scipio Wrote:I got the same error using git GUI and TortoiseGit.

This is my full log:

did you try git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/pix/aeon.git ?

- scipio - 2010-09-01

phil65 Wrote:did you try git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/pix/aeon.git ?
That seemed to work, thanks!

- oblonhor - 2010-09-01

Hi guys,

This is a noob question, yesterday I could choose a 'landscape' view for Tvshows, which was like old multiplex but with logos, today I can't find that view, tried different settings but never showed up.. how can I get it back?

Never mind, found out how.

- frellAn - 2010-09-01

I think you guys just should fix some bugs and stop redoing everything with the skin all the time. Most of it is fine!

Like the watched icons, they show up for all my movies now even though I haven't watched them right now in wall view. And the pause screen has way to much information as it is right now. I liked how it looked when you fast forwarded before and the white line grew bigger and bigger as you forwarded with greater speed. Now it's just a label from alaska that doesn't even fit in.

Just fix the bugs and keep the skin as it is. Don't overdo things!

- phil65 - 2010-09-01

frellAn Wrote:I think you guys just should fix some bugs and stop redoing everything with the skin all the time. Most of it is fine!

Like the watched icons, they show up for all my movies now even though I haven't watched them right now in wall view. And the pause screen has way to much information as it is right now. I liked how it looked when you fast forwarded before and the white line grew bigger and bigger as you forwarded with greater speed. Now it's just a label from alaska that doesn't even fit in.

We have fixed TONS of bugs in the last weeks...
And it should be clear that we cannot satisfy everyone´s wishes...
feel free to contribute or discuss features on our github repo.

- butchabay - 2010-09-01

frellAn Wrote:I think you guys just should fix some bugs and stop redoing everything with the skin all the time. Most of it is fine!

Whats up dude ?
I don't think this is the right way to command these people that are spending a lot of their sparetime to keep this skin up to date.

You have a problem ? You're not the only one ... so post it and wait till it's done.

- chippie - 2010-09-01

Just noticed a couple of things;

Firstly, I like the way I now get fanart whilst browsing folders in file mode under Video.
Secondly and this may be a side effect of the the first thing is that when actually in a movie list under File mode / Video, Falback Fanart no longer works so when focusing on a movie with no fanart I get random fanart.
Would it be possible to have it use the fallback fanart when focusing on a movie without fanart but still display fanart when browsing folders? Not sure if it is intelligent enough to do this, failing that can we have an option to enable fallback fanart in file mode?

I can raise a ticket once I have feedback as to what the problem actually is.

EDIT: Just to add Fallback fanart works fine in Library mode.

- shorty12 - 2010-09-01

I have a problem with my recently added movies and tv shows. I don't see the plot if I want to choose a movie or episode. It just says that no plot details are available. Why is that? I already searched the forums but couldn't find an answer.

- chippie - 2010-09-01

chippie Wrote:Just noticed a couple of things;

Firstly, I like the way I now get fanart whilst browsing folders in file mode under Video.
Secondly and this may be a side effect of the the first thing is that when actually in a movie list under File mode / Video, Falback Fanart no longer works so when focusing on a movie with no fanart I get random fanart.
Would it be possible to have it use the fallback fanart when focusing on a movie without fanart but still display fanart when browsing folders? Not sure if it is intelligent enough to do this, failing that can we have an option to enable fallback fanart in file mode?

I can raise a ticket once I have feedback as to what the problem actually is.

EDIT: Just to add Fallback fanart works fine in Library mode.

With further testing I can see that it now displays whaterver backdrop or back drop folder I select under Settings\Main Manu\Backdrops so it looks like the fallabck fanart for Videos may be borked in File mode. However if you can work it as I mention above then that would be great, as in it displays whatever backdrop you select for the Videos Main Menu Item when focused on a folder but then utilises the fallback Fanart when focused on a movie.

Thanks!

- snyft - 2010-09-01

Anyway to set it so you can see the location of the movie under info and rename/edit library info?

- Techathy - 2010-09-01

+1 to what phil65 said. Don't rant, fix the problems you have & either submit them &/or give suggestions. This is what I do I have Aeon65-Vanilla & Aeon65-Mod, the latter has various customisations to fit in with exactly what I want, most of them are buggy or unsightly so I've not shared my hacks but they do give me what I want. Maybe I'll produce diffs at so people can see what I've done.

- pixdamix - 2010-09-01

I particularly liked the:
Quote:"Just fix the bugs and keep the skin as it is."
You're signing my paycheck now ? Just kidding, If you're not happy, help us maintain this skin, I knew next to nothing last month. It' quite easy to pick up.