Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- chippie - 2010-09-24

SophT Wrote:Chippie,

yes, I'm using a fresh git checkout from yesterday (less than 24 hours old) - and it is the settings->Main Menu -> menu items -> add new item that I'm talking about, I just short-handed it, sorry Wink But it doesn't seem to work - clicking 'enter' on add new item goes to what appears to be an empty list

Ok, what platform are you running on? and what XBMC Build?

- pixdamix - 2010-09-24

phil65 Wrote:hey guy, relax. it takes 2 minutes to add a new font (at least in most cases), the harder part is finding a good font. i didn´t spend too much time on searching for one, i now checked again and found something.Looks very nice to me, perhaps you agree with me on that one.

The problems come from XBMC. Due to string handling in XBMC [UPPERCASE]é[/UPPERCASE] isn't É

I think we could make an bug repport. I'll will dig into xbmc source code to see if I can issue a patch, but I don't know, I don't think this will be integrated into Dharma. We'll see

- SophT - 2010-09-24

chippie Wrote:Ok, what platform are you running on? and what XBMC Build?

dharma beta2 (official) on win7 HP 32bit

thanks for your help!

- kmoller - 2010-09-24

phil65 Wrote:.Looks very nice to me, perhaps you agree with me on that one.

Looking good.

æøåÆØé is ok, but Å,É etc. is to "high" for the current main menu height.

mvh
Kristoffer

- kmoller - 2010-09-24

SophT Wrote:I hate to keep bugging, but I've added my item to the favourites - and it works via the 'S' menu -> favourites -> [my item]

but I still see no option to add it to the main menu through aeon settings -> add menu item

EDIT: im running the font_rework branch, so not sure if this answer applies to you situation.

Du you have any special characters in the name of the favourite ?

Just tested it here, and with an ø in the name it will show in 's' menu, but NOT in the New Item menu. (script failed: script.favorites)
Removing the ø, will make it appear in the New Item list.

You can rename them directly in favourites.xml.

mvh
Kristoffer

- chippie - 2010-09-24

SophT Wrote:dharma beta2 (official) on win7 HP 32bit

thanks for your help!

Google XBMC SVN and download the latest Dharma Build available. This may solve your issue as it seems no one else seems to have this problem. I always run te latest SVN builds.

EDIT: Crossed posts, you may want to try this anyway!

- BigNoid - 2010-09-24

There is a problem with home menu progress bar. if you replace two files in media\osd the progress bar is correct again:
http://www.mediafire.com/?64f311mmxscgoen

These files are from djh aeon git hub.

- lucanoid - 2010-09-24

Hi fellows,

I am on OSX running dharma beta 2 and I have that annoying bug that I can't seem to be able to fix. I have reconstruct my library from scratch 2 times already...
The kiosk mode doesn't seem to want to stick. On first launch its working as it should and then, either the side bar will popup no matter I have toggled the kiosk mode on or alternatively, the search box will appear and then, there is no way but going back to the home screen to have the search box disappear.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Keep up the good work guys!

- xecutionx - 2010-09-25

xecutionx Wrote:One more thing, I know its probably user error. But why don't my extra thumbs show?
The thumbs are saved like this (for example)

Watchmen
--movie.avi
--poster.jpg
--fanart.jpg
--folder.jpg
/extrathumbs/
----thumb1.jpg
----thumb2.jpg

Can anyone help?

BTW phil, the new Top Info Bar is awesome.

- phil65 - 2010-09-25

thx Smile

EDIT: did you try deleting textures.db?

- phil65 - 2010-09-25

xecutionx Wrote:Can anyone help?

BTW phil, the new Top Info Bar is awesome.

I´m also thinkin about adding it for the home menu (and removing library and time bar). what do you think?

- xecutionx - 2010-09-25

phil65 Wrote:thx Smile

EDIT: did you try deleting textures.db?

Is that for me? I tried rescaping the media- it's still a no go.

I'd like to keep the Homemenu the same (leave the timebar and library totals). The info bar is excellent for everything else.

I have a little menu on the top left that tells me what xml file is loaded. Is that for debugging? I don't recall enabling it, lol.

Thanks again for everything, Phil. The skin keeps getting better (somehow, lol).

My only real suggestion left is for a nicer popup (the one that's for downloading info, changing volume etc). Something simpler, with less bevel. That and the trigger setting fix for the Old Multiplex (both the movie/show information and side menu popup at the same time).

- frellAn - 2010-09-26

Just looked at the new font_reworked skin. LOOKS AWESOME!!! Really great job!

I have been trying to learn this shiet myself to help you guys but nothing makes sense and it doesn't react the way it should do, I guess I don't know the basics or something but if i change a code for something, something completely different gets changed. Anyway I hoped you can hear me out cause I think you guys can release the awesomest skin ever if you just worked at one goal.

I think you should just fix the few bugs that exist now and then release the skin as Aeon65 2.0 or some new fancy name Smile

You can just tell me to fuck off if you want Smile But I hope you get what I mean, an official skin that is thought through and at the official repo. Wouldn't that be nice?

Here's a few things that just needs to be fixed and then it's all set. Just small shit left.

1: First I think the top bar should be made optional, it looks very nice but people could find it disturbing in the showcase view for example.

2: The edges of the graphic gradients don't look to good in my opinion, just smooch it out so it goes all the way to the edge.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9127/screenshot001n.png

3: The show info in landscape view don't show when you're in seasons.

4: The fanart image should extend more to it's full frame. I know that it will be overlapped when you use posters in showcase but I still think it would look nicer.

5: Some text is too close to the edge. It occurs at many places. I think it would be nice if it was adjust up just a little bit. This occurs in alot of places. Not as high as it was in the previous font of the skin though, it almost overlapped the artwork.

6: Media totals not working. And also center the RSS text a bit more.

I know these are pretty easy thing so if you just say what to look for in the xml's i would be happy to fix this.

(I know i'm supposed to post this in Issues but it will get more attention here and since it's so many small bugs)

- phil65 - 2010-09-26

frellAn Wrote:1: First I think the top bar should be made optional, it looks very nice but people could find it disturbing in the showcase view for example.
Hmm the question is whether i should make an option for every view to show the top bar or whether i should integrate the old time, rss and nowplaying panels. not really a fan of both, especially because the top bar is really useful for showing navigation infos (and to keep the look unified)

frellAn Wrote:2: The edges of the graphic gradients don't look to good in my opinion, just smooch it out so it goes all the way to the edge.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9127/screenshot001n.png
will do that

frellAn Wrote:3: The show info in landscape view don't show when you're in seasons.
will fix that
frellAn Wrote:4: The fanart image should extend more to it's full frame. I know that it will be overlapped when you use posters in showcase but I still think it would look nicer.

also on to-do list now
frellAn Wrote:5: Some text is too close to the edge. It occurs at many places. I think it would be nice if it was adjust up just a little bit. This occurs in alot of places. Not as high as it was in the previous font of the skin though, it almost overlapped the artwork.

yes, will rework that, the problem is always showcase without flow, screen space is very limited there.
frellAn Wrote:6: Media totals not working. And also center the RSS text a bit more.

hmm workin here. can anyone confirm this?

- sergiocos - 2010-09-26

Yes, we can! Big Grin Library Totals works perfect with recently added widget on and still works if the widget is disabled, but stop working when xbmc is restarted (with the widget disabled)