Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- mindweaver - 2010-09-28

Is there a way to reload the skin with a keyboard shortcut?

EDIT: nevermind. got it.

- phil65 - 2010-09-28

mindweaver Wrote:I removed it. Looks better than the /, - and |(misaligned one)

I think it would be better to just edit the font (would also look better for scrolling labels then, they also use |)

- sergiocos - 2010-09-28

other options instead | ?
Dunno how it will look, but i assume it might be a good separator.
LE: it might be confusing, looking like a 'star/rating' or smth.

- mindweaver - 2010-09-28

phil65 Wrote:I think it would be better to just edit the font (would also look better for scrolling labels then, they also use |)

OK. I'll give it a try. FontLab would let me :/

"FontLab cannot save or export a font containing more than 6401 glyphs."

Let's see if I can find another one.

EDIT: Fixed now!

- Mindzai - 2010-09-28

I agree with the weather icons - if having an option is not possible, making static icons the default would be better imo because the animated icons look very laggy and ugly. Incidentally, is it the icons themselves that are "laggy" (ie, low FPS) or is it rendering them which makes them look laggy? I ask because if it's the former we could just make some better animated versions to fix the problem.

- sergiocos - 2010-09-28

looking good here (animated weather icons)... What if you delete all the images EXCEPT one (from every weather condition) .This way there's nothing to animate Wink However, the skin still might loop the same image, but you will have no animation whatsoever.

- chippie - 2010-09-28

Guys, is there something up with GitHub, cannot pull anything, gives me No Socket errors?

EDIT: Seems to behaving itself now.

- Mindzai - 2010-09-28

sergiocos Wrote:looking good here (animated weather icons)... What if you delete all the images EXCEPT one (from every weather condition) .This way there's nothing to animate Wink However, the skin still might loop the same image, but you will have no animation whatsoever.

Is the animation done by looping multiple image files? I just assumed it was a format which supported animated frames such as gif.

- sergiocos - 2010-09-28

inside skin folder check out "media/icon/" subfolder Wink. As far as i know, .gif it's not a supported image for xbmc skinning engine. (never seen a .gif in a skin)

- frellAn - 2010-09-28

If I rename the skin to use the old aeon65 and the new one at the same time the skin goes into a mode thats similar to dim screen saver all the time. Is this only for me? It is very dark and gets normal only when I switch menus.

- chippie - 2010-09-28

frellAn Wrote:If I rename the skin to use the old aeon65 and the new one at the same time the skin goes into a mode thats similar to dim screen saver all the time. Is this only for me? It is very dark and gets normal only when I switch menus.

Best way is to keep both skins, different folder names then edit the addon.xml, change the id to match the folder name and name to reflect the different skin. After that probably best to delete guisettings.xml and set-up the skins from scratch.

- phil65 - 2010-09-28

frellAn Wrote:If I rename the skin to use the old aeon65 and the new one at the same time the skin goes into a mode thats similar to dim screen saver all the time. Is this only for me? It is very dark and gets normal only when I switch menus.

Doesn´t a label show up which says that you should restart xbmc? Didn´t try this addition till now..

- chippie - 2010-09-29

phil65 Wrote:Doesn´t a label show up which says that you should restart xbmc? Didn´t try this addition till now..

I never got a restart notification as far as I remember and I initially replaced the skin as frellAn did.

- paul - 2010-09-29

I had exactly the same issue after my last update of the fonts_rework branch so i deleted the skin and reloaded the last one from the main branch, and to my surprise it did the same.
I fixed the issue by doing a complete reinstall of xbmc and reinstalled the fonts_rework version. now all is good again.

Is anybody else having issues with the file explorer? it works fine in confluence,But nothing happens when you try to select add source, hopefully it's an easy fix. otherwise a great skinSmileSmile

- sergiocos - 2010-09-29

paul Wrote:But nothing happens when you try to select add source, hopefully it's an easy fix. otherwise a great skinSmileSmile

Right panel works for me, only the left one is crippled Tongue