Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- hubfred - 2010-09-30

Hey guys,

just tried the 2.0 alpha and it looks awesome so far. But I seem to have two minor issues. Maybe you could help me solving them. Is it possible to rename 'Programme (Programs)' back to 'Spiele (Games)' or sth similarly short (main menu)? I changed it in every strings.xml that appeared reasonable to me but everytime I do so Aeon is partially in English (although the language setting says different) then and changing it back doesn't undo it. No big deal though.

Secondly, can I get rid of the featured items widget as can be seen in the following screenshot?

Example

Other than that it is pretty much perfect and tons of useful changes have been made. Thank you for that.

- sergiocos - 2010-09-30

'Programme' is a string that comes from your xbmc/language/German/strings.xml (replace there)
Featured items (named RANDOM ITEMS in settings) and recently added widgets can be enabled disabled from settings-home-widgets. Have fun!

LE: There are some english strings because the v2 of Aeon65 isn't final yet (language files will be soon updated/modified accordingly)

- hubfred - 2010-09-30

Thanks for your fast response. I already did both things before you advised me to here.I will try them once more as soon as I get back to my machine. But as said, no big deal. Other issues of this kind that I had in the past simply vanished as Aeon progressed.

- t2ffn - 2010-09-30

Is there an add-on repository for this Aeon yet or is it only installed via git? (As per 1st page)

Not sure how git and new xbmc structure works so would prefer a simple add-on repo if its available.

Thanks

- hubfred - 2010-09-30

Not yet. You have to use git (which is easy if you know where to invoke the git pull Smile I did not at the beginning, see post 360) or direct http download.

- B-Fir3 - 2010-09-30

Hi guys, finally started getting setup with Aeon65. Just wondering about TV shows in Landscape view. Is there a way to use landscape.jpg? I turned off "use posters for TV" but it still uses folder.jpg, correct?

This may be a trivial question so I understand if it instigates negative responses, in which case I am sorry. Smile

- SophT - 2010-10-01

I think I've found a small bug - just want to see if it's an Aeon bug, or an XBMC bug, so I know where to report it.

in the video -> TV -> List view, in Library mode if you go into the season level it looks like this:

TV Show Name
|--*All Seasons
|--Season 1
|--Season 2
|--Season 3

So in this example the TV show has 3 seasons, but at the bottom of list view where it shows "Total Seasons" it adds "*All Seasons" to the count - so the above example would show "4" instead of "3".

- phil65 - 2010-10-01

SophT Wrote:I think I've found a small bug - just want to see if it's an Aeon bug, or an XBMC bug, so I know where to report it.

in the video -> TV -> List view, in Library mode if you go into the season level it looks like this:

TV Show Name
|--*All Seasons
|--Season 1
|--Season 2
|--Season 3

So in this example the TV show has 3 seasons, but at the bottom of list view where it shows "Total Seasons" it adds "*All Seasons" to the count - so the above example would show "4" instead of "3".

nothing we can change (only possibility would be to exchange the "total seasons" with "items" or something like that).
i recommend to turn the "All seasons" menu item off anyway (can be done with the advancedsettings.xml)

- chanders - 2010-10-01

Took Aeon2 for a spin today but was kinda disappointed Sad I didn't like the blue bar glow that runs across the top of the screen. It just didnt match with the fanart at all. And I know the fonts had to change but hmmm... Didnt like them either. Too BOLD and in your face. Not nice and subtle as traditional Aeon..

Please take this as constructive as I am in no way discrediting the huge amount of work you guys have been doing! I am pretty sure it will be able to change/edit when the final is released.

- NiklasK - 2010-10-01

Got a request for the landscape view in the episodes. Would it be possible to include all the media flags? If you compare landscape to multiwall in episode view you can clearly see that landscape vie misses out on tv-ratings, studio and aspect ratio.

I feel like the landscape view gets a bit empty without these...

/Niklas

- hubfred - 2010-10-01

sergiocos Wrote:'Programme' is a string that comes from your xbmc/language/German/strings.xml (replace there)
Featured items (named RANDOM ITEMS in settings) and recently added widgets can be enabled disabled from settings-home-widgets. Have fun!

LE: There are some english strings because the v2 of Aeon65 isn't final yet (language files will be soon updated/modified accordingly)

I checked again. In case I change the German strings.xml (doesn't matter what) Aeon switches to English terms in the main menu and some in 'Setup' permanently, regardless of the language setting, which is still German. Restarting Aeon or using a backed up strings.xml won't help.

Featured items is still present (I tried every combination of settings in widget section). The only way to disable it is to disable recently added too, which I would like to keep.

- phil65 - 2010-10-01

hubfred Wrote:I checked again. In case I change the German strings.xml (doesn't matter what) Aeon switches to English terms in the main menu and some in 'Setup' permanently, regardless of the language setting, which is still German. Restarting Aeon or using a backed up strings.xml won't help.

Featured items is still present (I tried every combination of settings in widget section). The only way to disable it is to disable recently added too, which I would like to keep.

I´m not ready yet, so no need to report bugs (only if they occur in the master branch, too)

- BigNoid - 2010-10-01

I don't get why we have to change the font. Just to get Aeon to the repository? The font is one of the reasons why Aeon is the skin it is today. I checked out the font_rework branch, but it just isn't Aeon without the characteristic font. Please put your effort in perfectioning Aeon65.

- phil65 - 2010-10-02

Big_Noid Wrote:I don't get why we have to change the font. Just to get Aeon to the repository? The font is one of the reasons why Aeon is the skin it is today. I checked out the font_rework branch, but it just isn't Aeon without the characteristic font. Please put your effort in perfectioning Aeon65.

I expained it now several times:
1) because Aeon65 deserves to be on the official repository
2) because the new fonts look nice, too (at least for most people)
3) because it´s very easy to exchange the font

If you don´t think I´m puttin enough effort in perfectioning Aeon65 I´m sorry, use another skin then, please.

- frellAn - 2010-10-02

I think the new fonts look really nice, exept that some things that should be in upper case isn't, but that's easy to fix. I recently learned more about modding a skin and I resized the info pop-up on multiwall and it took f**ing forever.

You're doing a great job Phil, looking forward to Aeon65 on official Repo Smile