Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- phil65 - 2010-10-03

ubuntuf4n Wrote:oh, it looks like I mixed something up in my media manager settings.
thx.

Phil, is there a workaround to get the old fonts after getting the skin from the repo (by overwriting files manually)?

With this way, Aeon could get into the official repo and also the old font could be still used (, by users which prefer that).

Greetz,
Ubuntuf4n

you could try to overwrite BebasNeue.ttf with the old Aeon_settings.ttf, if you´re lucky it works out of the box.

- mindweaver - 2010-10-03

phil65 Wrote:That are the new fonts.

The font on the main menu is not the same that I've got when checking out the font rework branch. The font in you screen looks nice, more like the old one. It looks thinner and more nice Smile

(and on another note, I'm starting to like the top bar Smile )

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-03

phil65 Wrote:you could try to overwrite BebasNeue.ttf with the old Aeon_settings.ttf, if you´re lucky it works out of the box.

I couldn't locate the BebasNeue.ttf-File... Huh
Could you provide a file for the overwriting ?

The current Git-fonts are not that satisfying.
However, I didn't checked your latest style (font-branch).

Best Regards,
Ubuntuf4n

- paul - 2010-10-03

phil65 Wrote:you could try to overwrite BebasNeue.ttf with the old Aeon_settings.ttf, if you´re lucky it works out of the box.
It works fine from what i have seen and it does look more elegant using the old aeon settings font thanks for the tip.

- phil65 - 2010-10-04

another small preview of Aeon2.0:

again, every change you see will be optional (and the positioning isn´t completely ready yet)

- mindweaver - 2010-10-04

phil65 Wrote:another small preview of Aeon2.0:

again, every change you see will be optional (and the positioning isn´t completely ready yet)

Nice! Big Grin

- oblonhor - 2010-10-04

Looking good! Thanks for the great work you are doing. Fonts aren't a problem for me, I always change them to what I like (including the original aeon ones) but the layout is nice!Big Grin

- SophT - 2010-10-04

I just checked out the new font rework branch a few days ago - really liking it, it seems like a natural progression for Aeon.

I have one request though - in the movie library in showcase view if you have the drop info view set to 'trailer' the flashing box that says 'press select to view trailer' flashes too frequently for me.

But the real issue for me is that once you're watching the trailer in the small preview window the flashing continues with different text along the lines of 'press select to view feature movie' - but the flashing is so fast that it's distracting from the trailer itself.

I really like the 3d spin effect though!

Oh yeah, just a question - will Aeon ever go to 1920 by default instead of 720?

- IceNine - 2010-10-04

I'm liking the new branch, although I can't say I'm using it just yet for my primary skin (still using the older master branch until the new font rework gets merged). I have found the cause of a little glitch I have been having for a while now and finally sat down and figured it out. It happens in both the master and font_rework branches, and only seems to happen when using DDS compression. I tried on a fresh install without DDS and it doesn't seem to happen.

The glitch is that on List view (which I use for TV shows), the main "poster" for a show will always render on top of whatever else is supposed to be there. I know the poster image is being pulled correctly somewhat, because when I change seasons for a show, the reflection on the bottom will change, but the main poster does not.

I found out that if I change
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.path,,poster.jpg]

to this

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

the 2 times it occurs in ViewType_List.xml, the problem goes away. I figure it must have something to do with how XBMC gets DDS images, because on an install where DDS was never used, the glitch doesn't happen.

I also see that this "permanent poster" will show when viewing at an episode level, behind the episode picture. If I change

Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(listdvdcase)</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>[Skin.HasSetting(listdvdcase) + !Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>

in the two blocks of code where I made the other changes, this goes away.

I'm not sure why exactly my fix works and even if by doing that it might break something else because I know el zilcho about skinning, I just thought I might bring it up so that it might be addressed in the upcoming 2.0 release.

Thanks again for all your hard work, hopefully my post makes sense. If not let me know what parts are confusing and I will try to clarify.

Edit: As an added benefit, after doing this change scrolling quickly through my list of TV shows is WAAAAAY faster than it was before.

Edit 2: I also found out that if I use ListItem.Thumb instead of ListItem.Icon, scrolling gets even faster. Might be something to consider for the upcoming release.

- chanders - 2010-10-04

Phil65, once again stunning work! Not to be critical, but is it just me or is the top bar a bit distracting with the blue glow? same for the homepage. The blue glow around the menu looks wonderful but then there is a blue glow on the top bar and the bottom bar. Maybe not so much glow will make the menu stand out more and highlight the main content in other views.

I like everything but that top and bottom bar glow just distracts from the main content.

Will it be configurable?

- phil65 - 2010-10-04

IceNine Wrote:I'm liking the new branch, although I can't say I'm using it just yet for my primary skin (still using the older master branch until the new font rework gets merged). I have found the cause of a little glitch I have been having for a while now and finally sat down and figured it out. It happens in both the master and font_rework branches, and only seems to happen when using DDS compression. I tried on a fresh install without DDS and it doesn't seem to happen.

The glitch is that on List view (which I use for TV shows), the main "poster" for a show will always render on top of whatever else is supposed to be there. I know the poster image is being pulled correctly somewhat, because when I change seasons for a show, the reflection on the bottom will change, but the main poster does not.

I found out that if I change
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.path,,poster.jpg]

to this

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Icon]

the 2 times it occurs in ViewType_List.xml, the problem goes away. I figure it must have something to do with how XBMC gets DDS images, because on an install where DDS was never used, the glitch doesn't happen.

I also see that this "permanent poster" will show when viewing at an episode level, behind the episode picture. If I change

Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(listdvdcase)</visible>

to

Code:
<visible>[Skin.HasSetting(listdvdcase) + !Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>

in the two blocks of code where I made the other changes, this goes away.

I'm not sure why exactly my fix works and even if by doing that it might break something else because I know el zilcho about skinning, I just thought I might bring it up so that it might be addressed in the upcoming 2.0 release.

Thanks again for all your hard work, hopefully my post makes sense. If not let me know what parts are confusing and I will try to clarify.

Edit: As an added benefit, after doing this change scrolling quickly through my list of TV shows is WAAAAAY faster than it was before.

Edit 2: I also found out that if I use ListItem.Thumb instead of ListItem.Icon, scrolling gets even faster. Might be something to consider for the upcoming release.

poster.jpg visibility will be optional in Aeon65 2.0, has its disadvantages, but looks nicer than the cached image if you have a high resolution image in movies folder.

- phil65 - 2010-10-04

chanders Wrote:Phil65, once again stunning work! Not to be critical, but is it just me or is the top bar a bit distracting with the blue glow? same for the homepage. The blue glow around the menu looks wonderful but then there is a blue glow on the top bar and the bottom bar. Maybe not so much glow will make the menu stand out more and highlight the main content in other views.

I like everything but that top and bottom bar glow just distracts from the main content.

Will it be configurable?

in some form, yes. Don´t know to which extend yet.

- sergiocos - 2010-10-04

I really tried not to do this, but i hope you will forgive me:
@phil65: are you close or far from release? it will be nice if you will tell us if the finish line can be seen Smile

- phil65 - 2010-10-04

sergiocos Wrote:I really tried not to do this, but i hope you will forgive me:
@phil65: are you close or far from release? it will be nice if you will tell us if the finish line can be seen Smile

I hope to have it ready in approx. 2 weeks. Cannot promise anything though.

- mindweaver - 2010-10-04

phil65 Wrote:in some form, yes. Don´t know to which extend yet.

I agree that a somewhat more subtle blue glow would be nicer. I like it, but maybe a bit thinner.