Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- phil65 - 2010-10-19

Buzzz Wrote:Yes they are hidden everywhere.

I don't know what branch. How can I tell?

where / how did you download?

- dsim - 2010-10-19

phil65 Wrote:Another small preview:

why this is not possible to se how many albums there inside of the artist, and which albums? and i can switch from this view to any album i want.

also i think, there are to much view mockups in xbmc generaly, but no mockup with funcionality and music listening. in first line xbmc is media portal for learning when artist are born and where. and the second or third priority is listening or watching.

if i want to switch quick to my album, i cant. with winamp its faster.

for example in xbmc i have always to switch back, there is no possibility to go foreward.

for example if i'm listening to album...why there is no possibility to se next artists on the same screen, not to switch back.

i also, don't know, why all the skinners work on better designs, when the functionality of xbmc and logic behind is not good. it is only to much work for skinners.

so...Home Screen of aeon65.

I have recently and random items. if i scroll these, i have a cover on the left side. now imagine, how this is....on the right side the movie name, and on the left side the cover!? where should i look?

i want to say, there is no need to make a big work for design, if the funtionality is more important. there are to many skins for xbmc, but no skin has functionality. and there is also no perfect view mockup. i mean of all the skins no perfect.

if it is a good view mockup, then there is no rating of episodes, or movies, or there is rating as stars, as in the low list.

also in the low list for movies, i have to times director! under the title and on the right side.

the problem is, if i change something in the includes_....xml, and i make a update, then are all the changes of mine deleted. and so i have to wait for changes.

As i said, the cdart should be a part of albumcover. i mean, where is albumcover, there should be a cdart. and if i have for example in low list one albumcover, i dont need a second album cover at the top, either it is small. but the cdart shoul be in the album cover in the low list.

all the skinners make now big work for dharma, but the functionality....

for exmple, the random items in aeon... it would be more important to see the latest albums for music as no heard albums. but for movies no watched movies.

then...for xbmc is movie a movie and series a series. but its not the same a xxx movie and movie. also not a cartoon and movie. there is not a native support in no skin.

i think there are a lot of more important things, as green color.

if we waste time on xbmc's or not, depends not on design, but on functionality.

for music mockups there should music listeners be asked. there is no need to make as much view mockups.

and there are to many duplicate stuff on most screens.

i made changes on design in low list, because the gradient onfocus was 5px under the album cover. so if there is an update, i have to fix this the again, and maybe it is fixed with the new version.

i think it would be better we, on the forum here, should have the changes as they come, and not wait to version 2. version 2 is for people who dont know for changes and dont support you @phil65 in your work, aoen to be better.

if we have the changes you made now, then we can see if something could be changed, and if there is a bug. i think that would be more effective.

and as i said, for movies and series all the stuff is perfect, there are small things only. but for music listening (not music artist biography reading), there is not a soulution.

the funcionality, that i would appriciate to have as soon as you have changed

1. album fanart in home view, if no album fanrt inside the album, then artist fanart (of the artist, btw more fanarts in random of 30 sec. of the artist i'm listening to, you said version 2, but i cant wait any more Wink)
2. cdart to be in albumcover, in every view mock up where is a album cover, plus if you can make the view mockup i posted 2 days ago as a draft. (if you tell me how to ad cdart to some of view mockups, i can do this job and send you the changes.
3. a separate default cdart for flac and mp3, mp4a. if there are no cdarts in album folder at least, than i have the information on the cdart what file i'm playing (this is not as important but i can make the cd images, because the default cdarts of xbmc are not great, and if this is possible form xbmc)
4. extrathumb from movie folder, series folder (not aeon folder)

design
1. i only can see strong colors btw cold colors... blue, green, and the strong red.

2. why not make one in orange, its more lounge like. or a sexy violette color.
3. graphics (for example list view or low_list) are to thick, to hard, heavy. in the low list, they could be more light and maybe 20% more transparent.

i would appriciate that, you update more often the changes you made, for us we would support you.

i have much ideas for aeon, but if the important changes are made i will post that. then you will get on the repo with aeon65.

and dont think i dont appriciate your work. aeon is with font rework version much better than other skins. but, better is not perfect.

can you upload the changes you made until now?

cheers

- Buzzz - 2010-10-19

phil65 Wrote:where / how did you download?

I added some repositories and downloaded aeon65 directly in xmbc live.

repository.googlecode.dandar3-xbmc-addons
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons
repository.passion.xbmc.org
repository.queeup

I think i came from the passion-xbmc.org repository

Thanks for the help

- phil65 - 2010-10-19

dsim Wrote:why this is not possible to se how many albums there inside of the artist, and which albums? and i can switch from this view to any album i want.
because it´s not possible, the info needed is just not available for skinners (at least without someone writing a script)
dsim Wrote:also i think, there are to much view mockups in xbmc generaly, but no mockup with funcionality and music listening. in first line xbmc is media portal for learning when artist are born and where. and the second or third priority is listening or watching.
hmm i disagree, listening and watching should always be first priority, if you get some information presented in a nice way, even better.
dsim Wrote:if i want to switch quick to my album, i cant. with winamp its faster.
yes, but winamp is controlled by mouse, not by remote, that´s a big difference. it´ll always take longer with a remote / keyboard.

dsim Wrote:for example in xbmc i have always to switch back, there is no possibility to go foreward.
for example if i'm listening to album...why there is no possibility to se next artists on the same screen, not to switch back.
same here again, simply because it´s not possible atm.
dsim Wrote:i also, don't know, why all the skinners work on better designs, when the functionality of xbmc and logic behind is not good. it is only to much work for skinners.
redesigning some textures is done in a much shorter time than changing the code structure in the background. I can create you a theme with a completely new color in 10 minutes.
dsim Wrote:so...Home Screen of aeon65.

I have recently and random items. if i scroll these, i have a cover on the left side. now imagine, how this is....on the right side the movie name, and on the left side the cover!? where should i look?
to the right when lookin through the new movies, and to the left if you want to see more info about the selected movie. not too hard I think Wink
dsim Wrote:i want to say, there is no need to make a big work for design, if the funtionality is more important. there are to many skins for xbmc, but no skin has functionality. and there is also no perfect view mockup. i mean of all the skins no perfect.

if it is a good view mockup, then there is no rating of episodes, or movies, or there is rating as stars, as in the low list.
"no skin has functionality" is a bit hard, isn´t it Wink
dsim Wrote:also in the low list for movies, i have to times director! under the title and on the right side.
you´re right, will remove one of those labels.
dsim Wrote:the problem is, if i change something in the includes_....xml, and i make a update, then are all the changes of mine deleted. and so i have to wait for changes.
best way for you would be how github works I think. if you´re familiar with it, it´s very easy to maintain your own mod if you think you need to.
Merging is very easy then.

dsim Wrote:As i said, the cdart should be a part of albumcover. i mean, where is albumcover, there should be a cdart. and if i have for example in low list one albumcover, i dont need a second album cover at the top, either it is small. but the cdart shoul be in the album cover in the low list.
I disagree, we have to seperate the covers of the nowplaying album and the focused album. a global place to show the nowplaying audio makes sense for me.
dsim Wrote:all the skinners make now big work for dharma, but the functionality....

for exmple, the random items in aeon... it would be more important to see the latest albums for music as no heard albums. but for movies no watched movies.
everyone will have an own opinion about this, that is why it is optional (at least to some extent). if you want to have a more specific solution, it ´s up to you to change the code.
dsim Wrote:then...for xbmc is movie a movie and series a series. but its not the same a xxx movie and movie. also not a cartoon and movie. there is not a native support in no skin.
again, because it´s not possible.
dsim Wrote:i think there are a lot of more important things, as green color.

if we waste time on xbmc's or not, depends not on design, but on functionality.
again, I did this because it only took 10 minutes and made a huge visual difference. That time is invested well I think.
dsim Wrote:for music mockups there should music listeners be asked. there is no need to make as much view mockups.
and there are to many duplicate stuff on most screens.
i made changes on design in low list, because the gradient onfocus was 5px under the album cover. so if there is an update, i have to fix this the again, and maybe it is fixed with the new version.

Just post the bugs you found to our github bug tracker, almost all small bugs are fixed within a day.
dsim Wrote:i think it would be better we, on the forum here, should have the changes as they come, and not wait to version 2. version 2 is for people who dont know for changes and dont support you @phil65 in your work, aoen to be better.
if we have the changes you made now, then we can see if something could be changed, and if there is a bug. i think that would be more effective.

I´ll stop adding new things and purely concentrate on bugfixing in some days.
all people here who know something about skinning are welcome to take part.
won´t release it to the public before, I want to have it stable and bug free before.
dsim Wrote:and as i said, for movies and series all the stuff is perfect, there are small things only. but for music listening (not music artist biography reading), there is not a soulution.

the funcionality, that i would appriciate to have as soon as you have changed

1. album fanart in home view, if no album fanrt inside the album, then artist fanart (of the artist, btw more fanarts in random of 30 sec. of the artist i'm listening to, you said version 2, but i cant wait any more Wink)
we don´t have several fanarts to choose from, so something like that won´t come.
dsim Wrote:2. cdart to be in albumcover, in every view mock up where is a album cover, plus if you can make the view mockup i posted 2 days ago as a draft. (if you tell me how to ad cdart to some of view mockups, i can do this job and send you the changes.
adding cdart is very easy, but I don´t know if we should show it in all views. some views are even now already a bit too cluttered
dsim Wrote:3. a separate default cdart for flac and mp3, mp4a. if there are no cdarts in album folder at least, than i have the information on the cdart what file i'm playing (this is not as important but i can make the cd images, because the default cdarts of xbmc are not great, and if this is possible form xbmc)
dsim Wrote:4. extrathumb from movie folder, series folder (not aeon folder)
Huh we use extrathumb from movie folder, or did I misunderstand you?
dsim Wrote:design
1. i only can see strong colors btw cold colors... blue, green, and the strong red.

2. why not make one in orange, its more lounge like. or a sexy violette color.
can make those if you want that.
dsim Wrote:3. graphics (for example list view or low_list) are to thick, to hard, heavy. in the low list, they could be
hmm please specifiy which textures you mean and what you think should be changed.
dsim Wrote:i would appriciate that, you update more often the changes you made, for us we would suport you.
i have much ideas for aeon, but if the important changes are made i will post that. then you will get on the repo with aeon65.
normally yes, atm not until it´s ready.
dsim Wrote:and dont think i dont appriciate your work. aeon is with font rework version much better than other skins. but, better is not perfect.

cheers
As a conclusion, I think a lot of things you imagine in terms of functionality are simply not possible (at least without scripts).
I agree with you nonetheless that especially the music part of xbmc is not the most intuitive,
perhaps JMarshall will make things better in that section with the new library system coming in XBMC "Eden".

EDIT: wow, i never wrote such a long post Smile

- Buzzz - 2010-10-19

Buzzz Wrote:I added some repositories and downloaded aeon65 directly in XBMC live.

repository.googlecode.dandar3-xbmc-addons
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons
repository.passion.xbmc.org
repository.queeup

I think i came from the passion-xbmc.org repository

Thanks for the help

Is this source ok? Could it be the problem?

- dsim - 2010-10-19

phil65 Wrote:we don´t have several fanarts to choose from, so something like that won´t come.

why not? if i have a folder extrafanart for example, why should be difficult to show them all? if xbmc can show one fanart, why not all in a extra folder of the artist? it would be nice to have it in aeon. i think the skin transparency has this option.

but i know, the things i wrote are xbmc related problems not skin.

- dsim - 2010-10-19

the ember media manager has no option for scraping "country" tag for movies. so i switched to transparency skin to test the movie library with transparency because transparency has a country tag in movie information. then, i switctched to aeon and relised that, in no view mockup there is a country information.

there are 6 important things for movies.
1. title
2. country
3. director
4. duration
5. year
6. awards this can be not found in no scraper and no skin. awards are as important imdb rating, not the oscar, but the awards from venecia, berlin, canes
7. imdb rating
8. actors

if someone tell me, he had watched a movie "bla bla bla", then i ask which country,

and then come the other stuff.

in multiplex and old multiplex there is mpaa rating, not every movie has this information, but the country information has every movie. in low list under the title can come country instead of director.

- phil65 - 2010-10-19

dsim Wrote:the ember media manager has no option for scraping "country" tag for movies. so i switched to transparency skin to test the movie library with transparency because transparency has a country tag in movie information. then, i switctched to aeon and relised that, in no view mockup there is a country information.

there are 6 important things for movies.
1. title
2. country
3. director
4. duration
5. year
6. awards this can be not found in no scraper and no skin. awards are as important imdb rating, not the oscar, but the awards from venecia, berlin, canes
7. imdb rating
8. actors

if someone tell me, he had watched a movie "bla bla bla", then i ask which country,

and then come the other stuff.

in multiplex and old multiplex there is mpaa rating, not every movie has this information, but the country information has every movie. in low list under the title can come country instead of director.

xbmc lacks support for awards, so it´s not possible atm. the other thing is true, it should be included somewhere. will see what i can do.

EDIT: just realized that only very few of my movies have the country tag. For you guys, too?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-20

There are some suggestions you made that are beyond a skin level, maybe you should try the 'XBMC Feature Suggestions' thread (for awards, number of albums on artist level and so on)

- phil65 - 2010-10-20

Buzzz Wrote:Is this source ok? Could it be the problem?

normally it should be ok, but I suggest to try it directly with github. please post a screenshot, too, just to make sure.

- dsim - 2010-10-20

phil65 Wrote:xbmc lacks support for awards, so it´s not possible atm. the other thing is true, it should be included somewhere. will see what i can do.

EDIT: just realized that only very few of my movies have the country tag. For you guys, too?

movies i scanned with imdb scraper, today for example, have the country tag. but movies scanned with ember media manager, not, because there i cannot see support for country tag.

but i have today, the first time extrathums generated. and it looks amazing in old multiplex or multiplex. low list is also rocking with the tag line Smile

and yeah, i forgot, is there a possibility to scroll manually plots for music and movies?

cheers

- phil65 - 2010-10-20

dsim Wrote:movies i scanned with imdb scraper, today for example, have the country tag. but movies scanned with ember media manager, not, because there i cannot see support for country tag.

but i have today, the first time extrathums generated. and it looks amazing in old multiplex or multiplex. low list is also rocking with the tag line Smile

and yeah, i forgot, is there a possibility to scroll manually plots for music and movies?

cheers

no, not possible.
about country labels: will only include them when more scrapers support it.

- Buzzz - 2010-10-20

phil65 Wrote:normally it should be ok, but I suggest to try it directly with github. please post a screenshot, too, just to make sure.

Installed the latest version from github and everything is working fine now. It is definitely not the same version I had as the backgrouds and some of the settings are not the same.

Thanks again for the help. I really like this skin.

- dsim - 2010-10-20

phil65 Wrote:no, not possible.
about country labels: will only include them when more scrapers support it.

i don't know if they with scrappers will ad it. because imdb scrapper work fine.

can you tell me which line i should add in old multiplex view for example for country? and how can i fugure out which control id it is?

EDIT: i found a list with getlabel, so i can do it myself...

- lapino - 2010-10-21

Is there a way to make the trailers first download and then stream? Buffering is way too slow. Im not talking about the separate trailers option but the ones you can see from the multiplex view.

Also does this skin gets auto updates through the gui or do i need git to get the latest version?