Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- Mindzai - 2010-10-24

If people don't like this skin, why bother posting? Just go and find one you do like, or else put the time in to make your own. Some of the comments recently are unbelievable!

Keep up the good work Phil, this is looking great.

- seijmo - 2010-10-24

I think the artist font is too small in multiwall view. It would be great to have font size bigger or a least an option to have it bigger.

Also an option in multiwall series episode view to only have episodes available and not a loop would be great. A screenshot will be more clear :

Anyway keep on your good work, aeon is amazing!

- SophT - 2010-10-24

seijmo Wrote:I think the artist font is too small in multiwall view. It would be great to have font size bigger or a least an option to have it bigger.

Also an option in multiwall series episode view to only have episodes available and not a loop would be great. A screenshot will be more clear :

Anyway keep on your good work, aeon is amazing!

I believe that that already is an option - at least it works for showcase, but I don't think it's showcase specific. It's in the settings (Sorry I can't remember where) but it's 'scrolling' I think. It will do what you're asking

*edit*

found it:

Viewtype Settings -> No WrapList

in the skin view itself, not system settings

- lapino - 2010-10-24

Is there a way to use this skin with the official (not-dharma) release of XBMC?

- butchabay - 2010-10-24

lapino Wrote:Is there a way to use this skin with the official (not-dharma) release of XBMC?

There are several aeon and mods for the official xbmc release, but if remember right, no one is such stable as this one. Why are you asking, dharma releases are pretty stable atm.

- lapino - 2010-10-24

Yeah, but performance is not that good on my htpc (AM880G chipset with Ati 4250 IGP, AM3 240e, 2gb ram, running off a pretty slow 2.5" 160gb hdd). I have a feeling the official release is quite a bit faster.

- Alael - 2010-10-24

Hey guys, I'm translating Aeon65 to Brazilian Portuguese but I have some questions:

1. There are 2 language folders inside XBMC. There is one, right under the main folder, which contains "langinfo.xml" and "strings.xml". I copied that folder and named it "Portuguese (BR)". It shows up on my settings and the modifications are applied, no problems here. However, there is another one inside the "skin.aeon65" folder which contains just a "strings.xml" file. I did the same process, but my modifications aren't applied. What am I doing wrong?

2. In the "strings.xml" inside the "skin.aeon65" folder there is a string numbered 31099 which says "MOVE LEFT/RIGHT TO PRIME BUTTON". What exactly does it mean/do? What about string #312474, "VIEWTYPE OPTIONS" I'm having trouble translating those.

Anyway, my work is about 50% done so far. I expect to finish it by tomorrow.

And great work Phil!

- butchabay - 2010-10-24

Hi Phil, here is what i've done for the MOD Fanart in Launcher plugin for Aeon65 (font rework branch). If you don't like the "orange taste" let me know ...
How can i join your team to implement this MOD for Aeon V2.0 ?
Cheers...

Image[/img]

- phil65 - 2010-10-24

Alael Wrote:Hey guys, I'm translating Aeon65 to Brazilian Portuguese but I have some questions:

1. There are 2 language folders inside XBMC. There is one, right under the main folder, which contains "langinfo.xml" and "strings.xml". I copied that folder and named it "Portuguese (BR)". It shows up on my settings and the modifications are applied, no problems here. However, there is another one inside the "skin.aeon65" folder which contains just a "strings.xml" file. I did the same process, but my modifications aren't applied. What am I doing wrong?

2. In the "strings.xml" inside the "skin.aeon65" folder there is a string numbered 31099 which says "MOVE LEFT/RIGHT TO PRIME BUTTON". What exactly does it mean/do? What about string #312474, "VIEWTYPE OPTIONS" I'm having trouble translating those.

Anyway, my work is about 50% done so far. I expect to finish it by tomorrow.

And great work Phil!

you have to translate the skin.aeon65/language/english/strings.xml and place it in language/Portuguese (Brazil)/, should work.
the viewtype options are used in the media menu, should explain itself when you find it. Don´t know the best translation for "Prime Button" though, didn´t write the english strings.xml myself. Probably used in the main menu options.

- phil65 - 2010-10-24

butchabay Wrote:Hi Phil, here is what i've done for the MOD Fanart in Launcher plugin for Aeon65 (font rework branch). If you don't like the "orange taste" let me know ...
How can i join your team to implement this MOD for Aeon V2.0 ?
Cheers...

Image[/img]

we´ll move to a git repository in the next days to start bugfixing.
will let you know then. you´re a bit familiar with git?

- ppic - 2010-10-24

now, logo downloader support banner and poster from tvdb, and also custom naming, should be great for aeon now Wink

- phil65 - 2010-10-24

ppic Wrote:now, logo downloader support banner and poster from tvdb, and also custom naming, should be great for aeon now Wink

added that some days ago Smile

- SophT - 2010-10-25

phil65 Wrote:added that some days ago Smile

Just curious what the naming convention for that is?

seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg

show-poster.jpg
show-banner.jpg?

- Alael - 2010-10-25

phil65 Wrote:you have to translate the skin.aeon65/language/english/strings.xml and place it in language/Portuguese (Brazil)/, should work.
Ok, so you mean take XBMC\addons\skin.Aeon65\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml and move it to XBMC\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml, overwriting the file? It doens't seem right, they have different strings inside. Anyway, I tried it and it didn't work. Heck, I tried overwriting every strings.xml file I found inside XBMC and all I could get were some items missing from the main menu, but the default main menu items were STILL in English... Huh

- dsim - 2010-10-25

Mindzai Wrote:If people don't like this skin, why bother posting? Just go and find one you do like, or else put the time in to make your own. Some of the comments recently are unbelievable!

Keep up the good work Phil, this is looking great.

and what do you think should be posted here?!

wow, thats great!? thanks, thanks, thanks. if you would thinking, then would you know, that people who are posting here, they post, because they love aeon65. but your post tells me that you are not a perfectionist. would you like to go to dentist who is not perfectionist? or leave your car to a machinist, who is not perfectionist? thats it, people who are not perfectionists, you can not believe.

@phil65, will there be a view mockup where you can read the plot of movie or music artist info without automated scrolling?