Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-12-19

phil seems to be on holiday...^^

- kees667 - 2010-12-19

Just installed Dharma 10.0 from 9.11 and noticed I couldn't see a download for Aeon. Is this still a manual install?

- fnwc - 2010-12-20

mindweaver Wrote:yes known issue. you need the font_rework branch of Aeon65. I have added a fix there.
I installed this version and I'm getting this weird debug information in the top left hand corner (button id information, etc).

- paul - 2010-12-20

fnwc Wrote:I installed this version and I'm getting this weird debug information in the top left hand corner (button id information, etc).
This has been answered many times before, but as it's xmas i will tell you how to fix this.
download my addon.xml from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3921965/addon.xml and replace the one in your skins
folder with this one then restart xbmc.

- fnwc - 2010-12-20

paul Wrote:This has been answered many times before, but as it's xmas i will tell you how to fix this.
download my addon.xml from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3921965/addon.xml and replace the one in your skins
folder with this one then restart xbmc.

Thanks for the help! However, I'm curious why "debugging=true" is set to default in the git.

- sergiocos - 2010-12-20

it was always on. i'm thinking because git synchronize the files from phil65's pc to git, it's normal to have it on when you're working on it Wink

- paul - 2010-12-20

fnwc Wrote:Thanks for the help! However, I'm curious why "debugging=true" is set to default in the git.
I have no idea why but it is catching out a lot of folk myself included, luckily Sergiocos i think gave me the solution a while back.Smile

- JimiW - 2010-12-20

Hey everyone a new member here. Have been reading for months and have been enjoying my XBMC with AEON for a while now but i have a problem so here it goes:

Today i upgraded tot Dharma 10 with Aeon front rework. Everything is perfectly fine except in Movies in the Showcase view when i set the Style to Extrathumbs is see 4 extra thumbs but the plot info is not there. This always worked. I might miss something but i really dont know.

Hope someone can help.

Ps English isnt my native language so sorry if the sentences seem off

- butchabay - 2010-12-20

JimiW Wrote:Hey everyone a new member here. Have been reading for months and have been enjoying my XBMC with AEON for a while now but i have a problem so here it goes:

Today i upgraded tot Dharma 10 with Aeon front rework. Everything is perfectly fine except in Movies in the Showcase view when i set the Style to Extrathumbs is see 4 extra thumbs but the plot info is not there. This always worked. I might miss something but i really dont know.

Hope someone can help.

Ps English isnt my native language so sorry if the sentences seem off

Maybe you should try to "purge settings" located in your skin settings, after that you should setup your skin settings again, like backgrounds, new items in home, views etc.

- JimiW - 2010-12-20

butchabay Wrote:Maybe you should try to "purge settings" located in your skin settings, after that you should setup your skin settings again, like backgrounds, new items in home, views etc.

I tried that but no such luck. I grabbed a copy i saved of the NON frontrework Aeon65 and it works perfectly. I will just keep running that version till the next one is released in case nobody has an solution.

- Skorpion24 - 2010-12-22

Hi guys, Im kind of a newbie to Aeon and XBMC, how do I see which version of it I've installed on my mac? Thanks

Extrathumbs - Randomly Cycling (Need Help) - Tuckerdude - 2010-12-22

Hello everyone...Happy Holidays!

I had sent a request to Phil some time ago about this, but I think he has bigger fish to fry so I thought I would throw it out to others (looking at you Paul as you seem to be a nice guy Smile ).

In my old version of Aeon, I would always use the Showcase view for movies because I liked having four thumbnails displayed at the same time. But I typically grab 50-100 thumbnails for each movie. So using a custom mod, I was able to have those thumbnails randomly cycle through each of the four slots in the showcase view. It was very cool and I miss that feature. Is there anyone out there who could help point me in the right direction to do a similar mod to Phil's amazing Aeon65 skinHuh?

Any help or pointers would be hugely appreciated!!!!

- mark007 - 2010-12-22

Tuckerdude, Theres already a new view that cycles through thumbnails in this skin so perhaps you could steal some of the code from that.

I envision all views that display thumbs then having a simple option (cycle thumbs), rather than a dedicated view for it Smile Just tried aeon mq there and although some parts of it are nice, many many of the bug reports I wrote against aeon65 are of course still there in aeon mq so I'll be sticking with aeon65 and pushing fixes improvements in it when official releases begin to come out Smile

My only massive wish for this skin is speed improvements and the advanced texture loading. I'm not sure if either are possible but even on my core i7 920 @ 3.7ghz, 6gb of memory, cycling around the gui and views isn't a smooth experience always.

I would love it to get the the point where I can go around the skin for a few minutes without 1 glitch Smile I'm going to begin contributing code wise if someone can point me in the right direction as I'm not familiar with the process of updating the skin and pushing it to git etc, its all new to me although I would like to spend a significant amount of spare time on weekdays to improving / tweaking this skin..

- Tuckerdude - 2010-12-22

Hi Mark....thanks so much for the quick reply!

So...if you could tell me which view you are describing?? Sorry if it's obvious to you but.....I am just not too savvy about where to look. Just a pointer to the right file or files might be enough.

Thanks again for your help!

BTW...totally agree about have the "Cycle Thumbs" option available for all views. That would make all of this work so much better.

Edit: Check that....I found out which view you were talking about. It's "Multiplex" or "Old Multiplex" with the "Style" set to "Extrathumb". That has a single large thumbnail which cycles nicely through my thumbnails. Now just need to understand how to make that work with the view set to "Extrathumbs".

- Tuckerdude - 2010-12-23

Hey Mark007....Since you chimed in to help me, I did some poking around (based on your suggestion). I was able to get all four thumbnail slots picking randomly from my extra thumbs folders. Now it's working pretty nicely. I could not figure out how to get the thumbnails to use the nice rounded corner mask, but other than that it does work. If you want to try it yourself, please let me know and I can send you the modifed "Includes_ExtraThumbs.xml"

Thanks again for the pointers....took me some time, but I tracked it down.

Edit: Meh....short lived euphoria. While this works with Multiplex, it appears as though the other views are now messed up. Like Showcase view for example....it now will not display any thumbnails! Damn!!!!!