Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- mark007 - 2010-12-23

Nice work Tuckerdude, yeah please send on the new xml, itll be an opportunity for me to play with the xml's to get a feel for the code. Will be a nice addition I'm sure phil65 will agree when the work on it is completed.

- Tuckerdude - 2010-12-23

Hi Mark....

I've uploaded the xml to my public dropbox folder

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8730186/Includes_ExtraThumbs.xml

Wasn't sure of any other way to get it to you. Please let me know once you've successfully grabbed it. Also, please note....as I mentioned before, this only seem to work when you have Multiplex set to the Style mode of Extrathumbs. Also (and probably obvious), you need to have more than four extrathumbs for each movie for this work. Many people have "Poo-Poo'd" the idea of this feature because they say that you would likely have the same thumb show up in two slots at the same time. But if you have a healthy number of extrathumbs (I typically have 50 or more per movie), then this very rarely happens. But the net effect is super cool and makes for a very "dynamic" feel to the view.

Any thought or effort to make this feature work better than my crude hack would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks and have a great holiday!

Missing 6.1 Audio Flag? - cnm25 - 2010-12-24

I keep noticing in Aeon65 that, whenever a movie that has a 6.1 soundtrack is scraped, I'm left with a space where the audio surround channel flag would normally go.

When I looked in the Aeon65 flag > audio folder, I found the transparent flags for 2.0, 5.0, 5.1, and 7.1 audio. But not 6.1, unfortunately. Does anyone have a matching 6.1 flag? I was kind of surprised not to find it in there, as a lot of my movies have 6.1 audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

- t2ffn - 2010-12-25

Where can I see a collections of screenshots of this Aeon 65? I've been using MQ2 but often browse other skins, I've flicked through these 121 pages and seen a few, but is there a page of screens and info on the various mods, functions, widgets etc of the skin?

Thanks

- butchabay - 2010-12-25

t2ffn Wrote:Where can I see a collections of screenshots of this Aeon 65? I've been using MQ2 but often browse other skins, I've flicked through these 121 pages and seen a few, but is there a page of screens and info on the various mods, functions, widgets etc of the skin?

Thanks

Yo mate, i think you would be faster, install the skin make your selection and decide if you can use it or not, instead of browsing 121 pages! It's Aeon so the optic is similar like all Aeon Skins are. Very different skins coming from Aeon are Aeon Showmix and Legacy Dark.

- t2ffn - 2010-12-25

Butchabay, think you're right!

Thanks

Aeon65 custom viewtype - frr792 - 2010-12-26

Hi, I love what you've done with Aeon65, I recently have been working on a different viewtype based off of the lowlist, I want it to show more of the background fanart. I'm stuck however trying to remove the fade overlay that is applied on top of the selected movie fanart. I replaced a fanart with a pure white tbn file and I just can't find the location of the file in the skin or in the xml.

Can anyone tell me where I can remove this fading from the background?

Also, can anyone tell me where I can edit this view? Sure would save me a ton of time.

Outline/Plot View - cnm25 - 2011-01-01

While using Aeon65 and having the Info view set to 'Extrathumb', I've noticed that it alternates reading from the movie .nfo's plot outline (only 1 or 2 sentences, which is what I prefer) and plot (an in-depth description, which is way too much info for my taste) for each movie. If I close xbmc, it will display the other one (plot outline or full plot) the next time I open it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to make it show the plot outline all of the time?

- litemotiv - 2011-01-02

Does anyone have any pointers on how to reduce the cpu usage of xbmc, especially in combination with Aeon65?

On my system (Atom 1.6Ghz), cpu-usgae for xbmc.bin (Dharma) with Confluence is consistently 20% during idle, with Aeon65 it's 30-50%. Both are too high i would say.. I've disabled the newsfeed, system sounds, weather app and UI effects, so i'm not sure what else i could try.

Thanks for any tips,
-lite

- pierro10 - 2011-01-03

Is it possible in the TV Shown BannerFlex view to display a file banner.jpg in the selecting tv show menu and folder.jpg in the tv shows info menu ?

skin help. - ventman27 - 2011-01-03

Hi guys. Im a noob having some trouble with getting skins to show up in the selection menu on xbmc dharma. I put the skin folder in the addons folder of xbmc and name it skin.<skinname>, but when i run XBMC it doesn't see any of them. the only one that it has is confluence which is what is running. I had it working before (i reinstalled XBMC) and was able to switch between multiple skins. now there is only the one. what is going on?
I want to run this skin and see what it's all about. I was able to have showmix (before the reinstall) running, but was never able to setup the 4 extra thumbnails when I had the movie info screen. is this possiable to do on aeon65?
Thanx in advance for your time for a simple question.

Alex

- pigeldi - 2011-01-03

litemotiv Wrote:Does anyone have any pointers on how to reduce the cpu usage of xbmc, especially in combination with Aeon65?

On my system (Atom 1.6Ghz), cpu-usgae for xbmc.bin (Dharma) with Confluence is consistently 20% during idle, with Aeon65 it's 30-50%. Both are too high i would say.. I've disabled the newsfeed, system sounds, weather app and UI effects, so i'm not sure what else i could try.

Thanks for any tips,
-lite

That's the way it is with XBMC.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33015

- rcoops - 2011-01-03

I like the skin a lot, I actually downloaded all the available skins in the add-ons section of XBMC and returned to the good old Aeon skin as it still works better for me then any of the others.

Anyway there is a broken feature in this Aeon skin and that is the kiosk mode. No
I have it enabled nicely but I can still alter the view the mode and everything else by simply accessing the menu that is supposedly hidden away by the kiosk mode.

I'll see if I can find the problem but form what I know from the Aeon skin it is a quite complex skin that is not very easy to navigate, so if someone with a more intimate knowledge could point me to the right place in the XML files. I am 1005 confident that I can correct the problem as long as I can find the right part in the code.

extra thumbnails - ventman27 - 2011-01-03

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to get the extra thumbnails to show up in multiplex mode (or any of the views that have the thumbnail(s) option.) I am running dharma with aeon65 and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get them to show up.

thanks for the help.
alex

- blizeH - 2011-01-03

Really liking this thanks, but please, how do I remove the horrible picture in the bottom left?! Sad

http://i52.tinypic.com/5lnbsj.png

Thanks!