Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- SilverJS - 2011-01-17

Guys,

Here's a quick one : I recently built myself a new HTPC, and in the meantime, I had sorted out my movies and TV shows library with Media Companion. The Confluence skin of XBMC finds all of my fanart and posters, along with movie info, just fine, but for some reason, Aeon65 does not. It only finds my posters. I guess Aeon is not looking for the fanart with their name as they currently sit on my folders (and is looking for info in different places than the Confluence skin...?), but is there a way to change that? Perhaps a simple XML script....?

Thanks!

- butchabay - 2011-01-17

SilverJS Wrote:Guys,

Here's a quick one : I recently built myself a new HTPC, and in the meantime, I had sorted out my movies and TV shows library with Media Companion. The Confluence skin of XBMC finds all of my fanart and posters, along with movie info, just fine, but for some reason, Aeon65 does not. It only finds my posters. I guess Aeon is not looking for the fanart with their name as they currently sit on my folders (and is looking for info in different places than the Confluence skin...?), but is there a way to change that? Perhaps a simple XML script....?

Thanks!

That's not possible! Have you enabled Fanart in View Settings?
Press left, enable Fanart.

- SilverJS - 2011-01-17

That was totally it, thanks. =) Where can I see screenshots of Showmix, btw?

- TomPiXX - 2011-01-17

SilverJS Wrote:That was totally it, thanks. =) Where can I see screenshots of Showmix, btw?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=622022&postcount=6

- Shinu - 2011-01-19

B-Fir3 Wrote:Hi guys, finally started getting setup with Aeon65. Just wondering about TV shows in Landscape view. Is there a way to use landscape.jpg? I turned off "use posters for TV" but it still uses folder.jpg, correct?

This may be a trivial question so I understand if it instigates negative responses, in which case I am sorry. Smile

Has this issue already been fixed? Amd again, is there a way to fix this problem....

Shinu Wrote:1. Opening the OSD (pressing the "I" key) while view a video that's not part of the library doesn't display the name of the file anymore. Just the length of the vid, screenshot and current and end time.

- pixdamix - 2011-01-20

Hi, this had been a long time since I came here. I am sorry for not responding to emails but I have a shitload of work to do and some other project taking my spare time.

If any of you have small fixes you need to have integrated please IM me and I will merge them into the tree.

I have some minor patch at home I need to push so, I hope i'll find some time to tidy some things up.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-21

pixdamix,

nice to see that you're back.
You're doing a great job.

- Plaguester - 2011-01-21

I submitted a bug on github. The file browser is crashing for me after I choose a source (home directory, root folder, some other defined source folder, etc.). Debug log: http://pastebin.com/Yq49p2yL

I have no other complaints. Great skin!

- johnny87au - 2011-01-23

hey guys is this much better then the Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma ?? Really need to find a good SKIN which is up to date, thnx

- robiv8 - 2011-01-23

Can AEON be installed at a aTV2 with XBMC 10.0-0 Huh

Edit:
Yes! i can :-)

- Lionverse - 2011-01-24

Hey guys thanks for your work on this great skin, I just have a couple questions. I use the low list view in multiple menus. Is there a way to have the longer list view in some menus and not in others? Also does it support per season fanart(or are there plans to in the future)?
Thanks again
Dave

- johnny87au - 2011-01-24

johnny87au Wrote:hey guys is this much better then the Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma ?? Really need to find a good SKIN which is up to date, thnx

anyone Smile

- Rygrath - 2011-01-24

johnny87au Wrote:anyone Smile

Johnny, you've written the same question in several threads already. Here's the easy answer. Install them, try them out and pick for yourself which you like best, delete the ones you don't.

Each version of Aeon has it's own flavor, features, performance, etc. There is no one "BEST" version. Showmix is awesome. AeonMQ2 is awesome. Aeon65 is awesome. AeonNOX is also awesome. There are subtle and not so subtle differences between them and the opinion of which is best is varied from person to person.

Personally hard drive space isn't a worry for me, so I just install them all and rotate them once in awhile depending on the mood. This is just me tho on the bedroom setup. The main living area uses other skins that are a little easier to navigate for people here with bad eyesight.

So, again, you aren't going to get a consolidated answer as to what people think is the best version, everyone has their favorites for whatever reason. Just grab a copy, put them into XBMC and have a go at them. At the end of the day if you had the main 4 versions of Aeon installed, you are looking at +/- a gig of space. No big deal for most people and after you play around you can always uninstall the ones you don't want.

Regards

- johnny87au - 2011-01-24

Rygrath Wrote:Johnny, you've written the same question in several threads already. Here's the easy answer. Install them, try them out and pick for yourself which you like best, delete the ones you don't.

Each version of Aeon has it's own flavor, features, performance, etc. There is no one "BEST" version. Showmix is awesome. AeonMQ2 is awesome. Aeon65 is awesome. AeonNOX is also awesome. There are subtle and not so subtle differences between them and the opinion of which is best is varied from person to person.

Personally hard drive space isn't a worry for me, so I just install them all and rotate them once in awhile depending on the mood. This is just me tho on the bedroom setup. The main living area uses other skins that are a little easier to navigate for people here with bad eyesight.

So, again, you aren't going to get a consolidated answer as to what people think is the best version, everyone has their favorites for whatever reason. Just grab a copy, put them into XBMC and have a go at them. At the end of the day if you had the main 4 versions of Aeon installed, you are looking at +/- a gig of space. No big deal for most people and after you play around you can always uninstall the ones you don't want.

Regards

Thanks for the headsup mate, I guess ill just try a few themes, only reason im asking is when i use the Aeon showmix theme when it scans for content it doesnt show the thumbnails etc, and had no luck with ember media manager, Really just want everything to work without doing all the confusing thumbnails etc etc..

- Jarcol - 2011-01-26

Hi all,

It's probably just me, but in Aeon65 I can't get the main menu to the bottom of the screen, instead of the middle. Normally I would do it by pressing the down arrow on the keyboard, but in Aeon65 it has no effect.

Does anyone now how to get the main menu to the bottom?

Thanks!
Jarcol