Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-02-06

Make sure you have scanned you music into XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - XBL. - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 15:02)giftie Wrote: Make sure you have scanned you music into XBMC.
Thanks!

And you're right, somehow my music library got emptied. Now I just need to figure out what the hell happened.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gotoman00 - 2013-02-07

alright so this is weird... i refreshed the cdart database when updating to frodo to start anew, on the bottom it says i have 813 album artists and 2758 local discs... i can browse the artists list if changing fanart or whatever but only a few artists are highlighted, like, 8. so when i go to update all the cdarts or all the clearlogos or whatever it only searches for those 8 artists that are highlighted in the list out of 813. and it's not because of alot of obscure artists or anything i've used cdart before and most of them were highlighted and automatically downloaded before.... help?

edit: so i tried to update the cdart database again and now it's updating the mbid's and it's taking a long time so i'm guessing it probably didn't scan right the first time, will update if problems persist

edit 2: nope, didn't help, same problem. deleting the cdart addon data folder and doing a full rescan now

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 02:54)gotoman00 Wrote: alright so this is weird... i refreshed the cdart database when updating to frodo to start anew, on the bottom it says i have 813 album artists and 2758 local discs... i can browse the artists list if changing fanart or whatever but only a few artists are highlighted, like, 8. so when i go to update all the cdarts or all the clearlogos or whatever it only searches for those 8 artists that are highlighted in the list out of 813. and it's not because of alot of obscure artists or anything i've used cdart before and most of them were highlighted and automatically downloaded before.... help?

edit: so i tried to update the cdart database again and now it's updating the mbid's and it's taking a long time so i'm guessing it probably didn't scan right the first time, will update if problems persist

edit 2: nope, didn't help, same problem. deleting the cdart addon data folder and doing a full rescan now

I need a debug log of database building.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mickyd - 2013-02-07

Hi,

Are there any limitations with this add-on?`

I have a music library of over 4000 cds and I cannot get CDart Manager to process the library. It's located on a NAS and I've attempted processing by both wired and wi-fi connection to my LAN but both times it has taken around 15+ hours just to process the library and then it starts uploading to MB missing id's.

I've turned off all extra settings and even lowered number of tries to 1 and it is exactly the same. I created a small library of around 11 artists and that worked pretty quickly in all aspects.

I've attempted to post my xbmc log to pastebin but it doesn't seem to exist after submitting, must be doing something stupid, I will attempt again and update this post if successful.

Thanks.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 16:17)Mickyd Wrote: Hi,

Are there any limitations with this add-on?`

I have a music library of over 4000 cds and I cannot get CDart Manager to process the library. It's located on a NAS and I've attempted processing by both wired and wi-fi connection to my LAN but both times it has taken around 15+ hours just to process the library and then it starts uploading to MB missing id's.

I've turned off all extra settings and even lowered number of tries to 1 and it is exactly the same. I created a small library of around 11 artists and that worked pretty quickly in all aspects.

I've attempted to post my xbmc log to pastebin but it doesn't seem to exist after submitting, must be doing something stupid, I will attempt again and update this post if successful.

Thanks.

A full debug log is always necessary. If it is too big you can zip it, upload it somewhere, then send me a pm

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gotoman00 - 2013-02-08

hey giftie so i got that scan problem sorted out after deleting the addon-data folder and refreshing, however i noticed an odd quirk where any albums that the album artist is various artists it seems to be pulling all the various-artists extra fanarts in each individual artist's folder for the album. seems redundant and it's not really aesthetically pleasing to see various artists fanarts for individual artists

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mickyd - 2013-02-09

Hi,

Why does changing skin wipe out the database? I again tried a 15+ update and stooped it where it had got to around 65%. I did then update the library but gave more issues as I apparently had 754 local artists but when doing automatic download it only did 3 artists no more!

I then change the skin and the database says 0 local artists?

I'm thankful for your work and the nice idea of the addon but it seems unusable for myself?

Mike.

P.S. did you get my PM with my XBMC log? I can't build another now as the database is empty and I'm not wasting another 15+ hours.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - tesona1977 - 2013-02-09

is it possible to pause an update run and continue later?

updating a library with 3000-6000 albums can take up to 10 hours....if im hitting "cancel" button now (currently proccessing 1000 of 3000 albums) i had to start from zero...right?

[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 16:09)Mickyd Wrote: Hi,

Why does changing skin wipe out the database? I again tried a 15+ update and stooped it where it had got to around 65%. I did then update the library but gave more issues as I apparently had 754 local artists but when doing automatic download it only did 3 artists no more!

I then change the skin and the database says 0 local artists?

I'm thankful for your work and the nice idea of the addon but it seems unusable for myself?

Mike.

P.S. did you get my PM with my XBMC log? I can't build another now as the database is empty and I'm not wasting another 15+ hours.

I did get your PM, I haven't had much time to get into it yet.

Changing the skin should not affect the script. Stopping the script in the middle of an update or database build definitely will. I'll look into you're log and hopefully will come up with a solution

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mickyd - 2013-02-09

Thanks Giftie

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Funky_Funked - 2013-02-09

Hey Giftie,

Ive been trying to get your great script to work, but it wont... I reorganized my whole music collection (about 3200 Albums, 35.000 Tracks, 1500 Artists) with MusicBrainz Picard (took FOREVER!), now, after a long scan of cdartmanager, the database has finished building. I tried to autodownload all available cd-arts, but it downloads only a couple of cds. I found out it's only from those artists that appear in green, not in gray. What does that mean? Do I have to download all the Artwork manually?! Because that is working for most of my cds.

Can I get all other Artist to the "green" level? How? They're all tagged perfectly with Picard...

Also: It seems the script doesn't use the correct path to music library. If I look up my selected folder on /home/user/CDArtmanager, it's empy. If I backup my Artwork through the script, I can copy all my files to an external hdd. But where from?

I can delivery every log you wish, unfortunately I have no log of the database building stage.

Anyway, thanks for the great script, cheers

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Govnah - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-04, 17:33)giftie Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 10:26)Slipass Wrote: I have the same problem with xbmc 13.0 alpha 1 and cdartmanager 2.7.9

Seriously?!?!

LOL......

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - coopsta133 - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 19:43)Funky_Funked Wrote: Hey Giftie,

Ive been trying to get your great script to work, but it wont... I reorganized my whole music collection (about 3200 Albums, 35.000 Tracks, 1500 Artists) with MusicBrainz Picard (took FOREVER!), now, after a long scan of cdartmanager, the database has finished building. I tried to autodownload all available cd-arts, but it downloads only a couple of cds. I found out it's only from those artists that appear in green, not in gray. What does that mean? Do I have to download all the Artwork manually?! Because that is working for most of my cds.

Can I get all other Artist to the "green" level? How? They're all tagged perfectly with Picard...

Also: It seems the script doesn't use the correct path to music library. If I look up my selected folder on /home/user/CDArtmanager, it's empy. If I backup my Artwork through the script, I can copy all my files to an external hdd. But where from?

I can delivery every log you wish, unfortunately I have no log of the database building stage.

Exactly this problem. Un-installed XBMC, Reinstalled, Remade music library, and still only 2 artists are green when Automatic runs. Automatic fanart and Automatic album covers does absolutely nothing.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-02-10

Do the artist that show up in white available on fanart.tv with artwork?

The green colour represents the match between fanart.tv and the scripts database(done via MusicBrainz IDs) If the MusicBrainz ID is missing in the script, or fanart.tv does not have artwork for that artist the colour will be white. If they match, you will have green.

Quote:Also: It seems the script doesn't use the correct path to music library. If I look up my selected folder on /home/user/CDArtmanager, it's empy. If I backup my Artwork through the script, I can copy all my files to an external hdd. But where from?
The music path is only used for fanarts, clearlogos, music banners and artist thumbnails. All other artwork go into the album folder(cdARTs and Cover Arts)/

The backup function was only intended for cdARTs(remnants of the earlier script) I have not put much work into it and probably won't either.

Quote:I can delivery every log you wish, unfortunately I have no log of the database building stage.

Logs are always useful(and are required to be honest.)
(2013-02-09, 23:31)coopsta133 Wrote:

Exactly this problem. Un-installed XBMC, Reinstalled, Remade music library, and still only 2 artists are green when Automatic runs. Automatic fanart and Automatic album covers does absolutely nothing.

It sounds like a different problem to me. I need a debug log from the creation of the database.

(2013-02-09, 18:06)tesona1977 Wrote: is it possible to pause an update run and continue later?

updating a library with 3000-6000 albums can take up to 10 hours....if im hitting "cancel" button now (currently proccessing 1000 of 3000 albums) i had to start from zero...right?

Not possible.

You can always use my 'The Scheduler' service add-on to automatically set up the updates.