Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-10

(2013-03-10, 18:05)giftie Wrote: Which version of cdART Manager do you have installed? If it is 3.0.1 you can refresh all the fanart.tv data. Also you might need to update the addon database. Both of these can have errors caused by a slow down in internet communication. Also, sometimes the MBIDs do not match between the script and fanart.tv this is often caused by a change on musicbrainz. The script has functions to keep the MBIDs updated, though I have seen fanart.tv to have older ones.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I just checked it is version 3.0.1.

So does the add-on read the MP3 tags or the folder names of the albums? As I said some of the album tags didn't quite match the name on fanart.tv, I corrected those but no new cd arts became available for those artists / albums. Will try the refresh all fanart.tv data / updating the add-on database.

Had some issue with MBIDs, I tried to update the one for AC/DC and it ended up changing it to AC/OT of something. Have not figured out how that part of the add-on works yet. But seems to come up with weird artist names when I try and change the MBIDs.

Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-10

(2013-03-10, 21:31)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 18:05)giftie Wrote: Which version of cdART Manager do you have installed? If it is 3.0.1 you can refresh all the fanart.tv data. Also you might need to update the addon database. Both of these can have errors caused by a slow down in internet communication. Also, sometimes the MBIDs do not match between the script and fanart.tv this is often caused by a change on musicbrainz. The script has functions to keep the MBIDs updated, though I have seen fanart.tv to have older ones.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I just checked it is version 3.0.1.

So does the add-on read the MP3 tags or the folder names of the albums? As I said some of the album tags didn't quite match the name on fanart.tv, I corrected those but no new cd arts became available for those artists / albums. Will try the refresh all fanart.tv data / updating the add-on database.

Had some issue with MBIDs, I tried to update the one for AC/DC and it ended up changing it to AC/OT of something. Have not figured out how that part of the add-on works yet. But seems to come up with weird artist names when I try and change the MBIDs.

Thanks

The script only looks at the folder path to determine disc #. It uses XBMC's music library to get artist names and album names. The script looks to see if a MBID is available from XBMC, if it is, it will ask MusicBrainz for the match Release Group MBID(the script and fanart.tv use Release Group MBIDs and XBMC uses Release MBIDs) if MusicBrainz does not have a matching Release Group MBID, the script will query MusicBrainz using the artist and album names. I beleive it will match within 2 characters. If the script does have a MBID for the album, there still is a possiblity of not match on fanart.tv. possible reasons are human error(a MBID for a single used instead of the album), old MBID on fanart.tv(MusicBrainz is an user edited site, that can change from time to time)

Also, if you feel like you have messed up a few MBIDs, you might be able to fix via a Check for updated MBIDs.

I'll look into the albums you posted when I have a chance, as I do believe I have those albums on my system.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - CCRambo - 2013-03-11

Hello

I'm having trouble getting this addon to work.

I downloaded the latest version from the repo on my openelec fusion build (running Eden with Transparency! skin).

I scanned/updated my library that has around 160 artists but not a single one appears as "matched" so when I try to download a cdArt it just says "no fanart available on fanart.tv, please contribute" but I know they exist since I manually checked the site. cdArt that I manually created is found and listed as local cdart.

My media is accessed from a SMB network with the file structure like this:

NetworkPC\F:\MUSIC

and MUSIC looks like:

Artist 1
-Album 1
-Album 2
Artist 2
etc.

Permissions are set to Read/Write for Everyone.

No matter what I've tried it always ends up with matched artists: 0

Do anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm at work atm so I can't upload any logs.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 15:24)CCRambo Wrote: Hello

I'm having trouble getting this addon to work.

I downloaded the latest version from the repo on my openelec fusion build (running Eden with Transparency! skin).

I scanned/updated my library that has around 160 artists but not a single one appears as "matched" so when I try to download a cdArt it just says "no fanart available on fanart.tv, please contribute" but I know they exist since I manually checked the site. cdArt that I manually created is found and listed as local cdart.

My media is accessed from a SMB network with the file structure like this:

NetworkPC\F:\MUSIC

and MUSIC looks like:

Artist 1
-Album 1
-Album 2
Artist 2
etc.

Permissions are set to Read/Write for Everyone.

No matter what I've tried it always ends up with matched artists: 0

Do anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm at work atm so I can't upload any logs.

Sounds like a similar problem to mine, although it did find some cdart.png files for me but not for other artists.

OK I seem to have made some progress.

I have been looking initially at 3 artists that had some issues.

50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

AC/DC - High Voltage
If You Want Blood You've Got It
Live
Powerage

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

The first time I updated the database and downloaded the cdart.png files out of the above albums only the AC/DC ones High Voltage and Powerage worked. Yet all the albums have cd art available on the fanart.tv site.

When looking at the AC/DC albums both my folder name and the album name in the MP3 tags where slightly different.

Correct as on fanart.tv / What I had previously

Live / Live in Paris
If You Want Blood You've Got It / If You Want Blood You Got It

I renamed the folders and changed the tags, updated the music library in XBMC updated the add-on database, now the missing cdart.png files for "Live" and "If You Want Blood You've Got It" are visible in the cdart manager and I can download them, previously they were just not visible for selection.

With regard to 50 Cent's album I have not changed or corrected that one as it appeared to already all be correct and after the last add-on database update i can now click in to the 50 Cent artist and get the cdart image OK. Previously when clicking on 50 Cent it would not open and the buffering spinner would pop up briefly.

Regarding Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill as you can see in the previous screen shot the folder and tags seem to be correct, however for this artist / album i only see the blue fanart.tv disc image that says cdart not found. Yet it exists on the fanart.tv site. Not sure why this is not working?

I will have to check all the albums that have not got a cdart.png and correct any naming issues I find, hopefully this will result in most then having cd art.

Thank you for the add-on and your time.

I found another artist that will not open in CDART Manager - Album cdArts - Select Artists just get the buffering spinner popping up. There is no cdart.png for their album however there is an available cdart on fanart.tv

Asian Dub Foundation - Community Music.

This artist does not open in the cdART Manager

The CDART for the album Community Music is available on the fanart.tv site

Here you can see the Artists folder / Album folder and the music files and artwork images, no cdart.png is present.

Here you can see this album in MP3TAG and will notice as I did that the Album name is not quite right, I removed the [Virgin] part and saved the tags.

Now this is the part I am unsure of, how to update cdArt Manager with this change? I updated the Music Library in XBMC

XBMC Music Library seems to be showing the correct album name now

Is Updating the add-on database the only way to update this particular one artist ? Using the Update add-on database option takes a very long time.

Obviously all of this is an example of a problem I created by presumably not having the album named correctly in the tags.

However there are other examples like the "Jagged Little Pill" album where I cannot see any mistakes and I am not sure why I am just getting the blue fanart.tv disc that says cdart not found.

Thanks

EDIT: After renaming the album name in the tags, updating the xbmc music library and then updating the add-on database, the "Community Music" disc has been downloaded this time!

Here is another example of an album that appears to be correct is as far as the folder name and the file tags.

Athlete - Tourist

CDART is available on FanArt.tv

In cdArt Manager I am able to open this artist Athlete OK, however the album Tourist is showing the blue disc

So in this example I cannot see what the problem is or how to fix it ?

Thanks

Removed

Here is another example

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Here it is on my system

And here it is in MP3TAG - All the tags look to be correct to me.

There is an available cdart on FanArt.tv

Everything looks to be OK, the only small discrepancy is that the artist folder on the server is called "Beatles" and not "The Beatles" however this was not a problem for the album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" which got a cdart.png OK

Here is the "Magical Mystery Tour" album in cdArt Manager

Any ideas why this album did not get a cdart.png and shows the blue not found disc ?

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - haverer2 - 2013-03-11

You might need to upload the xbmc.log file - although I understand it is more use to enable Debugging from the system menu, close and reopen XMBC so that a new log is started.
However, when I did this I had to strip my library right back and just included a few test albums as the log file was over 45MB in size and I couldn't do anything with it!!!!!! ;-)
Beginning of this thread explains how to upload one.

(2013-03-11, 22:33)haverer2 Wrote: You might need to upload the xbmc.log file - although I understand it is more use to enable Debugging from the system menu, close and reopen XMBC so that a new log is started.
However, when I did this I had to strip my library right back and just included a few test albums as the log file was over 45MB in size and I couldn't do anything with it!!!!!! ;-)
Beginning of this thread explains how to upload one.

The log file appears to be only 304K. Under Ubuntu its under: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

I just turned on debug logging and then restarted the PC in the hope that the log file would be recreated and started again ?

Do I have to exit XBMC and reopen ? If so will need to dig out a keyboard and attach it to the XBMC PC.

Thanks

EDIT: If I exit XBMC I just get a black screen no cursor. Tried typing XBMC and hitting enter, did not work, dont know how to reopen XBMC LOL. Its Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal.

If I just connect via Filezilla and delete the log file will it create a new clean one ?

OK I figured out the log file

http://pastebin.com/uVk2zg33

Is that all I had to do open the cdart add-on as debug logging was enabled.

Not sure if its related but I just found a folder with several XBMC Crash logs in it.

http://pastebin.com/N0w7js2H

Many thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-12

cw-kid - Here is what is going on...

Alanis Morisette - Jagged Little Pill

The script receives the MBID for the Live album from MusicBrainz. I will have the script check for normal albums first then live albums and then singles. Sometimes albums are named the same but have different MBID's(ie Live albums and singles have different release groups so they have different MBID's). For the meantime, you will have to use the advance menu option to change the MBID.

This is an interesting one. MusicBrainz has two Release Groups listed to have the same name. One is the EP, the other is a Soundtrack.
Fanart.tv has the cdART placed for the wrong album. I have move the cdART to the proper one. This happens when the uploader does not pay attention to the MBID's on fanart.tv

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-12

Hi

How is cdArt Manager meant to handle Albums with multiple CDs ?

\\WHS\
\Music
\DJ Tiesto
\Nyana
\CD1
\CD2

I tend to name the albums in the tags with multiple discs like this:

Nyana - CD1
Nyana - CD2

CDART images for the album Nyana that are available on fanart.tv

This album called Nyana is not being picked up by cdArt Manager neither are any of the other DJ Tiesto albums that have more than one CD.

Please advise.

Thank you.

UPDATE: All of these DJ Tiesto albums have two CDs and none of them are visible in cdArt Manager. The albums that only have one CD and also a cdart on fanart.tv have downloaded those cdarts OK! But not for the albums with two CDs.

Elements of Life
In Search of Sunrise 4 - Latin America
In Search of Sunrise 5 - Los Angeles
In Search of Sunrise - 6 Ibiza
In Search of Sunrise 7 - Asia
Just Be
Nyana

(2013-03-12, 03:00)giftie Wrote: cw-kid - Here is what is going on...

Alanis Morisette - Jagged Little Pill

The script receives the MBID for the Live album from MusicBrainz. I will have the script check for normal albums first then live albums and then singles. Sometimes albums are named the same but have different MBID's(ie Live albums and singles have different release groups so they have different MBID's). For the meantime, you will have to use the advance menu option to change the MBID.

This is an interesting one. MusicBrainz has two Release Groups listed to have the same name. One is the EP, the other is a Soundtrack.
Fanart.tv has the cdART placed for the wrong album. I have move the cdART to the proper one. This happens when the uploader does not pay attention to the MBID's on fanart.tv

Giftie thank you for looking in to this! I am starting to really like cdArt Manager now I am learning more about how it works and how I should be using it, great add-on !!

Did you have chance to look at the Athlete - Tourist example ? Again I cannot see at my end that anything is wrong.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-12

Regarding albums with more than one CD, I just found an album that has worked OK and downloaded both the cdart.png files.

\Music
\Elton John
\Greatest Hits 1970-2002
\CD1
\CD2

Again I named the album in the tags as:

Greatest Hits 1970-2002 - CD1
Greatest Hits 1970-2002 - CD2

So not sure why this one has worked and the other DJ Tieto ones did not?

Thanks