Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 03:00)giftie Wrote: cw-kid - Here is what is going on...

Alanis Morisette - Jagged Little Pill

The script receives the MBID for the Live album from MusicBrainz. I will have the script check for normal albums first then live albums and then singles. Sometimes albums are named the same but have different MBID's(ie Live albums and singles have different release groups so they have different MBID's). For the meantime, you will have to use the advance menu option to change the MBID.

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

This is an interesting one. MusicBrainz has two Release Groups listed to have the same name. One is the EP, the other is a Soundtrack.
Fanart.tv has the cdART placed for the wrong album. I have move the cdART to the proper one. This happens when the uploader does not pay attention to the MBID's on fanart.tv

Looking at the Alanis Morissette MBID it looks to be the correct one already ?

http://fanart.tv/artist/4bdcee62-4902-4773-8cd1-e252e2e31225/morissette-alanis/

4bdcee62-4902-4773-8cd1-e252e2e31225

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-12

The script is getting the wrong album MBID.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Buff - 2013-03-12

Hi, wondered if someone can help - does cdart manager work on Android?

I've used it a fair bit on Windows with no issues, but just playing around with a Nexus 7 and I get a script failed message.

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-12, 14:59)giftie Wrote: The script is getting the wrong album MBID.

Right you are!

What is recommended on how to handle the cdArt Manager database when you have multiple XBMC PC's ? Just have the DB on one main machine or some how have it synced across all the PCs so which ever one you open cdArt Manager on the DB is up to date.

I can confirm copying the userdata and addon folders from one PC to a second, makes cdArt Manager DB on second PC same as the first.
But this will quickly get out of sync if I make an update in cdArt Manager.

EDIT: I am using MYSQL on the WHS 2011 Server, so all the XBMC client PCs are looking at the same XBMC database. cdArt add-on uses the XBMC libraries right? So I guess it does not matter if cdArt add-on is storing its database locally on the client PCs, if I update the add-on database on one PC then the add-on database on that PC will then be up to date. If I then later on another client PC update the add-on database there, then that client PC will have an up to date add-on database. I don't think it really matters if the cdArt local add-on database(s) are not the same on all the PC's at the same time?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-12, 18:41)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 14:59)giftie Wrote: The script is getting the wrong album MBID.

Right you are!

What is recommended on how to handle the cdArt Manager database when you have multiple XBMC PC's ? Just have the DB on one main machine or some how have it synced across all the PCs so which ever one you open cdArt Manager on the DB is up to date.

I can confirm copying the userdata and addon folders from one PC to a second, makes cdArt Manager DB on second PC same as the first.
But this will quickly get out of sync if I make an update in cdArt Manager.

EDIT: I am using MYSQL on the WHS 2011 Server, so all the XBMC client PCs are looking at the same XBMC database. cdArt add-on uses the XBMC libraries right? So I guess it does not matter if cdArt add-on is storing its database locally on the client PCs, if I update the add-on database on one PC then the add-on database on that PC will then be up to date. If I then later on another client PC update the add-on database there, then that client PC will have an up to date add-on database. I don't think it really matters if the cdArt local add-on database(s) are not the same on all the PC's at the same time?

Thanks

No, it won't matter. All that will happen is, as one of your media centers gets progressively more out of date (versus the one you do most of the cdART scanning on) it will take longer for cdART to update the local db on the out-of-date machine, than the one you primarily scan on.

The artwork cdART downloads does not get added to the XBMC music library as far as I'm aware, and all art is cached on access now, so the art that's downloaded should propagate to other installs fine if it's on a central server (i.e: with the music itself).

I have 4 systems capable of accessing my MySQL Db, with the media located on a NAS. Although each install has an identical add-on loadout (3x Windows, 1x Android) and that includes cdART, I only generally do the scanning on the fastest system, which isn't the main HTPC as it happens.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - CCRambo - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-11, 15:24)CCRambo Wrote: Hello

I'm having trouble getting this addon to work.

I downloaded the latest version from the repo on my openelec fusion build (running Eden with Transparency! skin).

I scanned/updated my library that has around 160 artists but not a single one appears as "matched" so when I try to download a cdArt it just says "no fanart available on fanart.tv, please contribute" but I know they exist since I manually checked the site. cdArt that I manually created is found and listed as local cdart.

My media is accessed from a SMB network with the file structure like this:

NetworkPC\F:\MUSIC

and MUSIC looks like:

Artist 1
-Album 1
-Album 2
Artist 2
etc.

Permissions are set to Read/Write for Everyone.

No matter what I've tried it always ends up with matched artists: 0

Do anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm at work atm so I can't upload any logs.

I solved the problem by updating to the latest version. I used the official repository before and thought that was the latest but it wasn't. Now I feel stupid Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - tesona1977 - 2013-03-14

@giftie

can you please implement a button to download album cover, cd label, artist artwork ect at once ... something like "download all" button... or even better "update library & download all" button. that would be nice

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-15

Hi

Last newbie question from me! I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin, I have now finished downloading the cdart images and I created some of my own. I am now wondering if I should download the following items for all artists with the cdArt Manager?

folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
logo.png

I already did this for one artist as a test and I can see in the Aeon MQ4 skin in the Artists list view, that the folder (thumb) and fanart images downloaded by cdArt Manager have replaced what XBMC (Universal Scraper) was previously displaying.

I did previously before I started to look at cdArt Manager, go through all the artists and ensure they all had a fanart background and thumb images and I added some new artists to theaudiodb.com website etc. So its not like I now need cdArt Manager to fill in any missing fanart in that respect.

I certainly don't want cdArt Manager to download any album covers and replace my existing ones.

But maybe the banners and logos are needed? I am not sure where in the UI banners and logos would be displayed? Perhaps another view I am not using ?

Also the other thing I'd like is to have changing / rotating artist fanart backgrounds whilst an album is playing not sure how to do this?

The whole artwork side of things is pretty confusing for newbies, as it appears multiple artwork add-ons seem to cross over in some areas and have the ability to download the same types of artwork.

Once I have the music artwork all figured out I need to start looking at Artwork Downloader for Movies and TV Shows.

Many Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-14, 20:52)CCRambo Wrote: I solved the problem by updating to the latest version. I used the official repository before and thought that was the latest but it wasn't. Now I feel stupid Smile

Is that version 3.0.1 that is the latest? I think when I installed the Aeon MQ4 skin it installed the cdArt Manager for me and it was version 3.0.1. Wonder why the official repository has an older version of cdArt Manager?

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - CCRambo - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 01:34)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 20:52)CCRambo Wrote: I solved the problem by updating to the latest version. I used the official repository before and thought that was the latest but it wasn't. Now I feel stupid Smile

Is that version 3.0.1 that is the latest? I think when I installed the Aeon MQ4 skin it installed the cdArt Manager for me and it was version 3.0.1. Wonder why the official repository has an older version of cdArt Manager?

Cheers

I use Transparency! skin and I used the repo to download cdArt manager but the version there is 2.6.5. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest version (2.7.9) from this thread and installed that one as a zip.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - deathbringer - 2013-03-15

I can't get the script to work properly since I upgraded to Frodo. Just wanted to scan for some art for newly added content, but everytime I start the add-on it displays without any possibility to navigate. The navigation in the lower left corner is displayed, but no entry is highlighted. I can only exit by pressing ESC.

Here's a debug log, hope that helps tracking down the source of this behaviour: http://pastebin.com/fDzsGy5k

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-16

Please update from the tell(3.0.1) you are using a really old version(2.7.9)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - deathbringer - 2013-03-16

I tried the version from the first post, since the one from the repository did not work.

I just started XBMC,cdART Manager got automatically updated, but the result is the same. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/Trvrrn6B

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 18:47)deathbringer Wrote: I tried the version from the first post, since the one from the repository did not work.

I just started XBMC,cdART Manager got automatically updated, but the result is the same. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/Trvrrn6B

You will need to delete your l_cdart.db file in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder. Then restart the script.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - deathbringer - 2013-03-17

(2013-03-16, 20:36)giftie Wrote: You will need to delete your l_cdart.db file in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder. Then restart the script.

Thanks, it's working now.