Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-04-03

CDArt Manager has replaced some correct thumb and fanart images with some incorrect ones, looking at another artist: Count Ossie & Mystic Revelation of Rastafari his backgound image has also changed to Johann Sebastian Bach.

To fix it again I have to delete the fanart.jpg from the artists folder and in the extrafanart folder delete the file johann-sebastian-bach-4e33e4b36a6fe.jpg, then go in to Artist Information and select Get Fanart and then choose a correct remote fanart image.

Likewise the Artist Eric Clapton & B.B. King has thumb and fanart images of Johann Sebastian Bach.

More artists that are showing Johann Sebastian Bach images:

Kenny Rogers & The First Edition
Paul McCartney and Wings
The Ska & Reggae All-Stars
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Today was the first time I used CDArt Manager to auto download thumb and fanart images for all the albums.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-04-03

Ok, let me see if I can answer these questions/problems, though some you seem to understand now..

(2013-04-02, 15:45)cw-kid Wrote: How do you use CDArt Manager to download more than one fanart.jpg for a music artist ?
Now I just need to work out how to get CDArt Manager to create these Extrafanart folders for artists ?

Extra Fanarts are only downloaded during an automatic download of fanarts. This is by design.

(2013-04-02, 18:07)cw-kid Wrote: OK I manually for one artist created a sub folder called Extrafanart I then added two fanart images called fanart1.jpg and fanart2.jpg then in the Aeon MQ4 Art menu I enabled Extrafanart and specified the path to my main root music directory. Now when I play an album by this artist I can see the two fanart images rotating so it works!

However what I can't seem to figure out is how to get CDArt Manager to create these Extrafanart sub-folders for me?

Many thanks.

EDIT:

OK I think I see what is going on now, I was using Artist Fanarts -> Select Artist -> Album Artists and just choosing one artist to test with. This doesnt seem to create the extrafanart sub-folder.

However if I use Automatic Download -> Album Artists then it does create the extrafanart sub-folders and in each extrafanart folder it creates fanart files which are named liked this:

Artistname-4e54cbbe31806.jpg
Artistname-4e54cbc6a2647.jpg

The filenames are as fanart.tv sends the script. This is to stop duplication with out actually monitoring the artwork(very difficult and time consuming)

(2013-04-02, 20:09)cw-kid Wrote: I have a slight problem with some artists folder names.

In CDArt Manager the Artist ACDC is shown as AC/DC. It creates a folder called AC and then a sub-folder under that called DC and ignores my existing folder called ACDC. Obviously I cannot create a folder called AC/DC to match the name of the artist in CDArt Manager.

REM is another problem artist. In CDArt Manager they are shown as R.E.M.

After running a scan with CDArt Manager I always seem to end up with two folders for this artist.

R.E.M. and R.E.M

I have just deleted the R.E.M one in the hope that it will not return.

Thanks

EDIT: Later I could not access the R.E.M. folder, a message in Windows Explorer said it did not exist or something, I could still see the folder however. I could not delete it, I had to move it in to a new folder in order to then delete it. I then tried creating my own new folder called R.E.M. however Windows server just renames it all the time to R.E.M - no dot after the M

However when CDArt Manager scans it will create another R.E.M. folder and then I end up with two folders etc.

AC/DC is one of a few special artists. Since XBMC does not provide the artist path(by design) Add-ons and Skins are not able to use that path. You might end up with many for the same artist, if you have your music separated(genre, lossless vs lossy...) I used the method that most skins(probably 80% or so) use to get the path. The path is derived from a user supplied path(Music Library Path) then they add the Music Artist to the path(as XBMC Provides) This goes for cdART Manager as well. Since the '/' represents a file path separator, skins will end up looking for artwork in the DC folder (music library path/AC/DC) I have provided the ability to set illegal characters and their replacement character, but this will break skins access since they do not have the tools for this. Once XBMC's music artwork organization is up to par with the video side(hopefully Gotham) this will be changed. Some files systems allow the period at the end of the file, not all. The script also allows this to be changed as well, with the same outcome for skins though.

(2013-04-02, 21:01)cw-kid Wrote: Here is another one Spandau Ballet, however CDArt Manager creates a folder called Spandau Ballett which is spelt wrong. So I end up with two folders etc.

Checking the album in Mp3TAG it seems under the Album Artist tag, is where it is spelt incorrectly. So presumably this is where CDArt Manager picked it up from. I have corrected the spelling.

Had a similar issue with A-ha. In CDArt Manager I had two listings for the same artist, one spelt A-ha and the other A-Ha. I also corrected this on all their albums in MP3Tag and made sure all tags were set to be A-ha.

The script pulls the artist information from XBMC and will match it to MusicBrainz when the Artist is with-in two characters of matching(allows a small fluctuation of errors in spelling and use of special characters). The script will use the artist name provided, so if it is wrong in the original tag, it will be wrong in the script, though it will still try it's best to match it to MusicBrainz.

Also the proper tag for the artist - 'a-ha' is all in lowercase Wink -> http://musicbrainz.org/artist/7364dea6-ca9a-48e3-be01-b44ad0d19897

(2013-04-02, 23:40)cw-kid Wrote: Where do the extra fanarts get cached locally ?

Looking at the DJ Claude Challe & Ravin in the extrafanart folder is a picture of the classical composer Johann Sebastian Bach, which is obviously incorrect.
I deleted the fanart image from the extrafanart folder, but the image of Bach is still being shown in XBMC, so again it is caching them somewhere locally ?

XBMC cache's using the Textures13.db file and the Thumbnails folder.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-04-03

With the few problem artists I mentioned I have renamed their folders and tags

Claude Challe & Ravin -> Claude Challe
Count Ossie & Mystic Revelation of Rastafari -> Count Ossie
Eric Clapton & B.B. King -> B.B. King
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition -> Kenny Rogers and The First Edition
Paul McCartney and Wings -> Paul McCartney & Wings
The Ska & Reggae All-Stars (Not renamed)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers -> Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Not sure why it was picking up Bach but I am guessing the artist names are not quite correct and that is why CDArt Manager is not handling them correctly.

I've updated the XBMC Music Library and I am now updating the add-on database could take a while.

I also renamed A-ha to a-ha all lower case as you suggested thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - john.doe - 2013-04-03

have encountered the same "script failed" error on android when trying to run cdART as some other people in this thread. here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9307

(2013-04-03, 01:01)cw-kid Wrote: With the few problem artists I mentioned I have renamed their folders and tags

Claude Challe & Ravin -> Claude Challe
Count Ossie & Mystic Revelation of Rastafari -> Count Ossie
Eric Clapton & B.B. King -> B.B. King
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition -> Kenny Rogers and The First Edition
Paul McCartney and Wings -> Paul McCartney & Wings
The Ska & Reggae All-Stars (Not renamed)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers -> Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Not sure why it was picking up Bach but I am guessing the artist names are not quite correct and that is why CDArt Manager is not handling them correctly.

I've updated the XBMC Music Library and I am now updating the add-on database could take a while.

I also renamed A-ha to a-ha all lower case as you suggested thanks.

The are two errors. One is caused by MusicBrainz changing their query code. The other I found due to this problem(probably would not have affected you) Not sure when the problem started, but will be fixed in the next release.

(2013-04-03, 01:45)john.doe Wrote: have encountered the same "script failed" error on android when trying to run cdART as some other people in this thread. here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9307

The log does not show why the script failed, no errors at all(in regards of the script) Something seems wrong with the logging system(XBMC Android). With out the proper output, I don't know where to start.

There might be a problem with importing the PIL module, but I can't be 100% as the log lacks the info.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hetfiled - 2013-04-03

thanks Wink

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Aemstel - 2013-04-03

edit:

Oops! I see the Bach thing has already been addressed. Sorry.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - john.doe - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-03, 02:34)giftie Wrote: The log does not show why the script failed, no errors at all(in regards of the script) Something seems wrong with the logging system(XBMC Android). With out the proper output, I don't know where to start.

There might be a problem with importing the PIL module, but I can't be 100% as the log lacks the info.

thanks for looking into it, if you need any help verifying your suspicion just ask.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2013-04-04

A bit more info on the Bach issue (and some other bugbears)...

I ran an update today, which I haven't done for quote some time due to adding a new album to my collection. A few things things happened.

1. All artists with .feat <artistname> were given the MBID of the featuring artist (if it could be matched, otherwise the actual artist was used) and downloaded the artwork to match (previously, these couldn't be matched and were skipped). Not really a problem, just an observation. Also means a large amount of images were downloaded from fanart.tv to populate them all...
2. My "Weezer" albums (blue, green and red) were returned to having no MBID. I have had to match these manually in the past, which I did again, but was hoping they may have stuck. This is due to them being listed on Fanart.tv as simply "Weezer" as this is technically the correct Album name for them... I think this has always been the case, which is why I avoid "update database".
3. Every artist that had an ampersand (&) in it has been matched to Johann Sebastian Bach and downloaded a fanart.jpg and 'extrafanart' image and added it.

EDIT: It looks like it has actually matched Johann Sebastian Bach when it couldn't find any other matches. Looks to be a co-incidence that most of the artists it couldn't match had the & symbol. While cleaning up folders, I noticed there were a few others it had matched to Bach also. I'm not game to run any more downloads as it'll go through adding thumb and clearlogo for the same artists. At a guess, I'm going to have to blow away the entire database to get rid of the matches to Bach after it's been fixed...

Cheers,
Stuart.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2013-04-04

Further to the above, is there any way to remove an MBID from an artist? The ones that are matched to Bach simply don't have a match, as it is mostly a combination of artists that appear once on an Album or such (ie. Van Morrison & Cliff Richard). I can't really go through and correct them, as there is nothing to correct them to (and if you simply cut the search down to Van Morrison, I've always had trouble matching when entering names in manually, seems to only take the last word when you type more than one) and manually typing the MBID for each of them simply sucks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Aemstel - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 06:27)slandells Wrote: Further to the above, is there any way to remove an MBID from an artist? The ones that are matched to Bach simply don't have a match, as it is mostly a combination of artists that appear once on an Album or such (ie. Van Morrison & Cliff Richard). I can't really go through and correct them, as there is nothing to correct them to (and if you simply cut the search down to Van Morrison, I've always had trouble matching when entering names in manually, seems to only take the last word when you type more than one) and manually typing the MBID for each of them simply sucks Smile

About the "Van Morrison & Cliff Richard" issue, you can make XBMC recognize them as separate artists. You need to define a separator tag in advancedsettings:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <musiclibrary>
    <itemseparator> / </itemseparator>
  </musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Then edit the id3 tag and name the artists using that separator: Van Morrison / Cliff Richard

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-04, 04:03)slandells Wrote: A bit more info on the Bach issue (and some other bugbears)...

I ran an update today, which I haven't done for quote some time due to adding a new album to my collection. A few things things happened.

1. All artists with .feat <artistname> were given the MBID of the featuring artist (if it could be matched, otherwise the actual artist was used) and downloaded the artwork to match (previously, these couldn't be matched and were skipped). Not really a problem, just an observation. Also means a large amount of images were downloaded from fanart.tv to populate them all...
2. My "Weezer" albums (blue, green and red) were returned to having no MBID. I have had to match these manually in the past, which I did again, but was hoping they may have stuck. This is due to them being listed on Fanart.tv as simply "Weezer" as this is technically the correct Album name for them... I think this has always been the case, which is why I avoid "update database".
3. Every artist that had an ampersand (&) in it has been matched to Johann Sebastian Bach and downloaded a fanart.jpg and 'extrafanart' image and added it.

EDIT: It looks like it has actually matched Johann Sebastian Bach when it couldn't find any other matches. Looks to be a co-incidence that most of the artists it couldn't match had the & symbol. While cleaning up folders, I noticed there were a few others it had matched to Bach also. I'm not game to run any more downloads as it'll go through adding thumb and clearlogo for the same artists. At a guess, I'm going to have to blow away the entire database to get rid of the matches to Bach after it's been fixed...

Cheers,
Stuart.

The next release will have the Bach error fixed and will automatically search the database and fix these errors. The fix also seems to take care of the artists with 'feat.' in them(by skipping them as well.) and as Aemstel points out, it would be best to fix the tag using a separator instead of the 'feat.' I know my collection needs to be fixed as well... Gotta look into Picard and see what I need to change.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2013-04-05

Awesome, thanks for the info Smile

Now to go through and change all the tags, break my iTunes Library and fix it again (cause I'm getting a bit of practice at this recently...)

Thanks and looking forward to the new release Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TRaSH - 2013-04-06

thnx for this,
would be nice to solve this issue.
need to keep even a better eye on this topic now.
i'm using your setup for picard when i redid my music collection