Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kees667 - 2013-04-10

I've been using this great program for sometime now yet I think I still don't completely get it and coldnt find an answer in the opening post. I have quite a large music collection ans sometimes I add one or two albums. What is the quickest way to add those to albums and look for cdart?

Now I add the music to my NAS
Scan the albums to XBMC Library
Then open cdart manager and unsure if I need to refresh/update under advanced or simply go directly to album cdarts/automatic download?

Everything flashes by so quickly that I'm not sure the new artists are seen or simply no art is found?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-04-10

(2013-04-10, 08:37)kees667 Wrote: I've been using this great program for sometime now yet I think I still don't completely get it and coldnt find an answer in the opening post. I have quite a large music collection ans sometimes I add one or two albums. What is the quickest way to add those to albums and look for cdart?

Now I add the music to my NAS
Scan the albums to XBMC Library
Then open cdart manager and unsure if I need to refresh/update under advanced or simply go directly to album cdarts/automatic download?

Everything flashes by so quickly that I'm not sure the new artists are seen or simply no art is found?

After you scan music into XBMC's library, you need to run cdart manager an update its database. Advanced -> modify add on database -> update

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kees667 - 2013-04-11

Thanks, appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - relyter - 2013-04-12

Hi, thanks for a nice addon. Unfortunately i have some problems using it. I update XBMC music lib, update Addon database and tried download artwork. I can download cdart or album cover, but when i choose artist fanart it search for it, show few pictures, but when i click any of those pictures it just flashes and won't download anything. Am i missing something here? XBMC 12.1 on windows, addon from official repo.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - lostwithouthope - 2013-04-18

hello giftie,

first i want to thank you for your great plugin!
the last times i used it to down load pictures from fanart.tv i found an odd behavior. I have the folder "Bullet for My Valentine" with subfolders for the albums, when the cdart manger downloaded pictures it created a folder called "Bullet For My Valentine" and stored the pictures there, this lead me to believe that the folder for bfmv should be called "Bullet For My Valentine" so i renamed mine and started the cdart manager again but this time cdart manager created a folder named "Bullet for My Valentine" and stored the pictures there... This happens with a handfull of artist another example is "System of A Down"/"System Of A Down"/ or "No Use for A Name"/"No Use For A Name"...
Another strange behavior is with the artist "Tales of Evening" for this artist a new folder is created called "Tales of Evening " the same goes for "Silentium"/"Silentium ". I have really no idea what is wrong, maybe you could help me.

Regards!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Rumik - 2013-04-25

Should creating the database take days? Because I've got 318 albums and its taking a least 5 minutes for each one. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? My XBMC database is MySQL, by the way... Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-04-26

Hi

I updated my CDArt Manager Database today as I had added some new artists and albums. All went well apart from two artists which got the Johann Sebastian Bach artwork again.

Paul McCartney & Wings
Kenny Rogers and the First Edition

Looking on Music Brainz to check these artists names they are:

Wings
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition

So I will have to rename them I think to match what they are on Music Brainz

Many thanks

(2013-04-25, 15:44)Rumik Wrote: Should creating the database take days? Because I've got 318 albums and its taking a least 5 minutes for each one. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? My XBMC database is MySQL, by the way... Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks

It should not take days but it can take a long time I have about 1200 albums and I had to leave it running over night. I wouldn't recommend you do this on the first scan, but there is a setting in the CDArt Manager add-on under Extra Settings - Enable MusicBrainz ID update during add-in database update (For Missing IDs).
If you turn this off it scans faster.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mickyd - 2013-04-27

I have over 4000+ albums and have never got this to finish even if I turn off the musicbrainz Id update and lower the number of checks to 1 or 2, the longest I left it running was 40+plus hours and I sorry but that's ridiculous when I've read that it should take the same time as XBMC does to load audio!!

I've sent a log in the past and got no reply so I guess I can't use this and not sure why?. I have metadata on all files and as such don't see the need to run musicbrainz picard plus I've read it will rename file with underscores and I don't want that! I have a standard Drive:\Artist\Album format to my audio library.

I've run it on isolated files / folders i.e. building a very small audio library in XBMC and then it has worked and the results have not been great! Perhaps it's my choice of music, mainly Dance music, but various genres are covered in the whole collection

I thank the person / people behind this and the time they have spent as the idea is great, and mean no disrespect just a shame that I cannot get it to work with my library.

I willing to try almost anything in hope of getting this to work in some way so suggestions are welcome but after trying and trying and trying I feel it just won't work for me!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Buzniak - 2013-04-30

(2012-05-26, 01:36)giftie Wrote: XBMC does not actually provide an Artist path. This is because users can have many locations for albums, with Artists appearing in multiple places.

The suggested folder set up is the following

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->track1.mp3 <-file
---------->track2.mp3 <-file
Artist <- folder

for multi-part albums

Artist <- folder
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 1 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file
---->Album <- folder
---------->Disc 2 <- folder
--------------->track1.mp3 <-file
--------------->track2.mp3 <-file

Also the artist folder name needs to match the actual Artist Name.

What about Various Artist Albums? Most of my albums are VA.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-04-30

Artists that are in White text in CDArtManager mean what? That they are not recognized I presumed.

Here are all my artists that are in WHITE text, however when looking on MusicBrainz they are also listed on there, so what does that mean?

CDArtManager Artist / MusicBrainz

3 The Hard Way YES
A Guy Called Gerald YES
Acker Bilk YES
African Head Charge YES
Angélique Kidjo YES
Atlantic Ocean YES
Audio Deluxe YES
Basic Channel YES
Belle Perez YES
Blindspott YES
Bunny Wailer YES
Charlton Hill YES
Che Fu YES
Children of the Bong YES
Cilla Black YES
Claude Challe YES
Code Red YES
Count Ossie YES
Culture YES
DJ Bharat Goel YES ? List as just Bharat Goel
DJ Seth Taylor YES
Darren Emerson YES
Dave Clarke YES
Dave Seaman YES
Engelbert Humperdinck YES
Gareth Gates YES
George McCrae YES
Godley & Creme YES
Guys 'n' Dolls YES
Ivan Smagghe YES
Jamie T YES
Jamin Winans (Composer) YES
John Kelly YES
Kate Rusby YES
Kenny Rogers & the First Edition YES
Kruder & Dorfmeister YES
Laura Fygi YES
Lee 'Scratch' Perry YES

Lee Perry is actually listed twice in CDArtManager one is green one is white text.

Lee Towers YES
Mark Farina YES
Nicky Blackmarket YES
Pure Science YES
Randy Crawford YES
Ravin YES
Roger Sanchez YES
Salmonella Dub YES
Sasha & John Digweed YES
Slam YES
Sound Crowd Orchestra YES
Tammy Wynette YES
Terence Trent D’Arby YES
The Aggrovators YES
The Righteous Brothers YES
The Thrills YES
The Thrillseekers YES
Tiefschwarz YES
Tom Middleton YES
Tony De Vit YES
Trevor Rabin (Composer) YES
Tubeway Army YES
Utah Saints YES
Weldon Irvine YES
Yellowman YES
Yoriyos YES
Yusuf Islam YES
Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers YES

Ziggy Marley is listed twice in CDArtManager both white text: Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers / Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers

WOW that was a longer list than I was expecting, sorry about that, but all these artists are listed in CDArtManager as White text.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-01

I means that they are not matched to fanart.tv

I checked about 10 of those artist on fanart.tv and most are not found(haven't been added) and others have no artwork at all(also gets classified as not matching, 1 piece of artwork would allow a match)

Almost all artists will get matched to MusicBrainz, especially if you use Picard. They still need to be matched to fanart.tv to be listed in green.

(2013-04-30, 19:53)cw-kid Wrote: Artists that are in White text in CDArtManager mean what? That they are not recognized I presumed.

Here are all my artists that are in WHITE text, however when looking on MusicBrainz they are also listed on there, so what does that mean?

CDArtManager Artist / MusicBrainz

3 The Hard Way YES
A Guy Called Gerald YES
Acker Bilk YES
African Head Charge YES
Angélique Kidjo YES
Atlantic Ocean YES
Audio Deluxe YES
Basic Channel YES
Belle Perez YES
Blindspott YES
Bunny Wailer YES
Charlton Hill YES
Che Fu YES
Children of the Bong YES
Cilla Black YES
Claude Challe YES
Code Red YES
Count Ossie YES
Culture YES
DJ Bharat Goel YES ? List as just Bharat Goel
DJ Seth Taylor YES
Darren Emerson YES
Dave Clarke YES
Dave Seaman YES
Engelbert Humperdinck YES
Gareth Gates YES
George McCrae YES
Godley & Creme YES
Guys 'n' Dolls YES
Ivan Smagghe YES
Jamie T YES
Jamin Winans (Composer) YES
John Kelly YES
Kate Rusby YES
Kenny Rogers & the First Edition YES
Kruder & Dorfmeister YES
Laura Fygi YES
Lee 'Scratch' Perry YES

Lee Perry is actually listed twice in CDArtManager one is green one is white text.

Lee Towers YES
Mark Farina YES
Nicky Blackmarket YES
Pure Science YES
Randy Crawford YES
Ravin YES
Roger Sanchez YES
Salmonella Dub YES
Sasha & John Digweed YES
Slam YES
Sound Crowd Orchestra YES
Tammy Wynette YES
Terence Trent D’Arby YES
The Aggrovators YES
The Righteous Brothers YES
The Thrills YES
The Thrillseekers YES
Tiefschwarz YES
Tom Middleton YES
Tony De Vit YES
Trevor Rabin (Composer) YES
Tubeway Army YES
Utah Saints YES
Weldon Irvine YES
Yellowman YES
Yoriyos YES
Yusuf Islam YES
Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers YES

Ziggy Marley is listed twice in CDArtManager both white text: Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers / Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers

WOW that was a longer list than I was expecting, sorry about that, but all these artists are listed in CDArtManager as White text.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - wiggo - 2013-05-02

Hi All

I have never had this problem before, and that is that when I'm entering albums by a-ha, all the tracks appear twice (eg 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 and so on).

I've run them through Picard and I've cleaned the library god knows how many times and still nothing, but every other album works great.

I did notice that on the list of artists, a-ha are at the bottom, not at the top as it should be.

By the way, It is finding the artwork ok.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Wiggo

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - leepenny - 2013-05-03

a-ha are at the bottom because it starts with a lower case 'a' followed by a non alphabetical character
about the tracks appearing twice you would have to wait for another reply as its a strange occurrence that I cant help you with

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - seijmo - 2013-05-04

Hello,

I'm trying to launch cdART Manager but nothing seems to happen.

Here is my config

Raspbmc 12.2
cdART Manager 3.0.1
Music files scanned and available in library mode.

And here is my xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/xv1eWLfX

Did I miss something?

Home someone can help me.

Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-04, 03:10)seijmo Wrote: Hello,

I'm trying to launch cdART Manager but nothing seems to happen.

Here is my config

Raspbmc 12.2
cdART Manager 3.0.1
Music files scanned and available in library mode.

And here is my xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/xv1eWLfX

Did I miss something?

Home someone can help me.

Thanks

There seems to be some sort of limitation with in the raspxbmc and the android versions. No idea what it is as the logs don't show any errors, just failing to even start the script.