Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 05:57)NewYears1978 Wrote: I can't get this to work with Aeon MQ4..when I run the manager..I see menus but I cant move a cursor or do anything..

Need a debug log to see what is/isn't happening..

(2013-05-31, 07:25)JuggalotusHeat Wrote: When I add albums or artists do I need to update the database or does a simply refresh take care of that?

You need to first update XBMC's library, then update the script's database.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 08:22)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 05:57)NewYears1978 Wrote: I can't get this to work with Aeon MQ4..when I run the manager..I see menus but I cant move a cursor or do anything..

(2013-05-31, 07:25)JuggalotusHeat Wrote: When I add albums or artists do I need to update the database or does a simply refresh take care of that?

Thanks grifite. Are there any plans to implement some logic to not rescan files that have already been added? The database update takes a long time on my end, even with a pretty beast box and WD Red's.

EDIT: Or possibly have it monitor XBMC library updates and automatically add the new artists/albums and have it scan fanart? Just a thought.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 09:03)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:

Thanks grifite. Are there any plans to implement some logic to not rescan files that have already been added? The database update takes a long time on my end, even with a pretty beast box and WD Red's.

EDIT: Or possibly have it monitor XBMC library updates and automatically add the new artists/albums and have it scan fanart? Just a thought.

Adding the ability to automatically update the script will not be added. A couple of reasons. XBMC already has a lot of service addons(addons that run in the background) too many of these will cause weaker systems to slow down. I wrote a service addon that allows Library Updates, cdART Manager functions and the ability of triggering any built in XBMC functions(up to 10). This addon is called The Scheduler and is available from the Service Addons forum. It will eventually be submitted to the Official repo.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 09:24)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 09:03)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 08:22)giftie Wrote: Need a debug log to see what is/isn't happening..

Adding the ability to automatically update the script will not be added. A couple of reasons. XBMC already has a lot of service addons(addons that run in the background) too many of these will cause weaker systems to slow down. I wrote a service addon that allows Library Updates, cdART Manager functions and the ability of triggering any built in XBMC functions(up to 10). This addon is called The Scheduler and is available from the Service Addons forum. It will eventually be submitted to the Official repo.

AWesome! Thanks for the response bud Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - crizza0309 - 2013-06-01

i get a script failed message running the enhanced edition of xbmc for gbox midnight mx2. any ideas? i checked and its the latest version.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 09:06)crizza0309 Wrote: i get a script failed message running the enhanced edition of xbmc for gbox midnight mx2. any ideas? i checked and its the latest version.

You will need to install the PIL module into the system python.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - crizza0309 - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 18:21)giftie Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 09:06)crizza0309 Wrote: i get a script failed message running the enhanced edition of xbmc for gbox midnight mx2. any ideas? i checked and its the latest version.

thanks for the info. anyways can you explain a tutorial for how to do this?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 19:32)crizza0309 Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 18:21)giftie Wrote:

thanks for the info. anyways can you explain a tutorial for how to do this?

I have no idea... sorry...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2013-06-02

Does anyone know if there is a way to make certain artwork that you don't want to download. I have some vinyl art that I don't want to be overwritten if I do an automatic download.

I also don't like some of the artwork for thumbs and backgrounds that I'd like to be skipped when I do a auto download.

Thanks,

Rob

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-03

In Extra Settings there is an option regarding Enabling/Disabling Overwriting of existing artwork, this only pertains to cdARTs and Cover Arts

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - blinken - 2013-06-03

Been fooling around with this for the last hour I just have a question. Do I have to go into each artist and select everything I want individually or can I just set it to automatically download anything it finds? It seems tedious that I have to do it one by one but when I select automatic download it says it scans a couple artists but doesn't really do anything.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-06-04

Scheduler is running correctly, thanks for the great addon. I was just digging around my logs and found this:

11:13:08 T:1664 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Updating Addon's DB - Adding All Artists to Database
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: File "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 126, in restore_user_updates
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: c.execute( '''UPDATE lalist SET musicbrainz_artistid = (SELECT artist_updates.musicbrainz_artistid FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.local_id = lalist.local_id ) WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.name = lalist.name )''' )
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: artist_updates

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2013-06-04

If you use a mouse with XBMC, moving it when cdART is loaded will cause the mouse pointer to take focus as a pose to cdART. cdART is keyboard focused (arrow keys). Try moving your mouse pointer over one of the on-screen menus for cdART, once that menu becomes highlighted (blue) then use your arrow keys to navigate.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-05

Question for gifte, i like the scheduler option for this addon, but unless I am wrong scheduling this to run wont prevent xbmc from sleeping. Updating the database, and downloading the art can often take over an hour, is their anything you can do to prevent xbmc from entering sleep while this addon is going?

I think everything got corrupted on me previously because it was going using the scheduler at certain times, then the pc would enter sleep and my database would get screwed up.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-05

I also keep getting this error when trying to do anything other than update the database i unstalled cdart and reinstalled but the error continues. Whenever i click to do something, nothing happens.

But i should note its like its not uninstalling every time i reinstall everything is still configured like it was before. Why is it not fully uninstalling when I uninstall it?

05:33:28 T:3652 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: no such table: counts
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1485, in onClick
all_artist_count, local_album_count, local_artist_count, local_cdart_count = new_local_count()
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 718, in new_local_count
c.execute(query)
OperationalError: no such table: counts
-->End of Python script error report<--