Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-05

I think i fixed the above error after refreshing fanart.tv .....

Is that something I am going to have to do often manually. I have not even seen that feature before, is this new?

I like to set this up in the scheduler, and it was not downloading anything, i dont have much time and like the hands free approach done by the scheduler, so can this be added in the automation or should I not have to refresh fanart.tv? THe addon has so many working parts in it it can be overwhelming even after months to keep it working, it would be nice if we could just have one button, and one script in the scheduler to update the library, refresh fanart.tv (unless this is not usually needed), and download all the art.

Just a suggestion.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-04, 20:23)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 08:22)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 05:57)NewYears1978 Wrote: I can't get this to work with Aeon MQ4..when I run the manager..I see menus but I cant move a cursor or do anything..

Need a debug log to see what is/isn't happening..

(2013-05-31, 07:25)JuggalotusHeat Wrote: When I add albums or artists do I need to update the database or does a simply refresh take care of that?

You need to first update XBMC's library, then update the script's database.

Scheduler is running correctly, thanks for the great addon. I was just digging around my logs and found this:

11:13:08 T:1664 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Updating Addon's DB - Adding All Artists to Database
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: File "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 126, in restore_user_updates
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: c.execute( '''UPDATE lalist SET musicbrainz_artistid = (SELECT artist_updates.musicbrainz_artistid FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.local_id = lalist.local_id ) WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.name = lalist.name )''' )
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: OperationalError: no such table: artist_updates

If the script just keeps running fine, it's not a problem. I have put extra error logging through out. The 'error' you are seeing is just when the script tries to update user edits, if you haven't made any this will pop up.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-05, 14:11)Ghostdivision Wrote: I think i fixed the above error after refreshing fanart.tv .....

Is that something I am going to have to do often manually. I have not even seen that feature before, is this new?

I like to set this up in the scheduler, and it was not downloading anything, i dont have much time and like the hands free approach done by the scheduler, so can this be added in the automation or should I not have to refresh fanart.tv? THe addon has so many working parts in it it can be overwhelming even after months to keep it working, it would be nice if we could just have one button, and one script in the scheduler to update the library, refresh fanart.tv (unless this is not usually needed), and download all the art.

Just a suggestion.

The Scheduler can't stop XBMC from sleeping. Though it can initiate it. The problem error is probaby caused by a corrupt database.

Refreshing fanart tv data happens when you update cdART Manager and 3 days have pasted since the last fanart tv data has been updated.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-04, 21:21)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 05:57)NewYears1978 Wrote: I can't get this to work with Aeon MQ4..when I run the manager..I see menus but I cant move a cursor or do anything..

If you use a mouse with XBMC, moving it when cdART is loaded will cause the mouse pointer to take focus as a pose to cdART. cdART is keyboard focused (arrow keys). Try moving your mouse pointer over one of the on-screen menus for cdART, once that menu becomes highlighted (blue) then use your arrow keys to navigate.

That was correct and can navigate now..but I can't figure out how to actually make my images show. CD Art found only 1 of my artists albums..and it downloaded files for it..but XBMC doesn't show them... Is there a guide for this..I am so lost lol.

All I did was add source, to my music (maybe my music is improperly named or tagged...can't find a site showing how to name properly like I do with movies)..then I scanned, and they show up with no art..went to CD Art manager and downloaded...it downloaded art for one of my three albums only..but even that one art is not showing in library mode..

So lost Smile

Only way I can get it to work is if I download the art, then manually move the art I want to the folders and rename them (fanart, cover, etc)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - JuggalotusHeat - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 16:28)giftie Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 20:23)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 08:22)giftie Wrote: Need a debug log to see what is/isn't happening..

You need to first update XBMC's library, then update the script's database.

Scheduler is running correctly, thanks for the great addon. I was just digging around my logs and found this:

11:13:08 T:1664 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Updating Addon's DB - Adding All Artists to Database
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: File "C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\database.py", line 126, in restore_user_updates
11:13:08 T:1664 ERROR: c.execute( '''UPDATE lalist SET musicbrainz_artistid = (SELECT artist_updates.musicbrainz_artistid FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.local_id = lalist.local_id ) WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM artist_updates WHERE artist_updates.name = lalist.name )''' )

If the script just keeps running fine, it's not a problem. I have put extra error logging through out. The 'error' you are seeing is just when the script tries to update user edits, if you haven't made any this will pop up.

Cool cool. Everything seems to be working. Thanks!

(2013-06-06, 02:41)NewYears1978 Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 21:21)gibxxi Wrote:

If you use a mouse with XBMC, moving it when cdART is loaded will cause the mouse pointer to take focus as a pose to cdART. cdART is keyboard focused (arrow keys). Try moving your mouse pointer over one of the on-screen menus for cdART, once that menu becomes highlighted (blue) then use your arrow keys to navigate.

That was correct and can navigate now..but I can't figure out how to actually make my images show. CD Art found only 1 of my artists albums..and it downloaded files for it..but XBMC doesn't show them... Is there a guide for this..I am so lost lol.

All I did was add source, to my music (maybe my music is improperly named or tagged...can't find a site showing how to name properly like I do with movies)..then I scanned, and they show up with no art..went to CD Art manager and downloaded...it downloaded art for one of my three albums only..but even that one art is not showing in library mode..

So lost :)

Only way I can get it to work is if I download the art, then manually move the art I want to the folders and rename them (fanart, cover, etc)

Probably incorrect tagging info. Also, it will download the artwork to the directory you specify. I'm willing to bet you don't have the directory set to save in your music library.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - NewYears1978 - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-06, 03:55)JuggalotusHeat Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 16:28)giftie Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 20:23)JuggalotusHeat Wrote: Scheduler is running correctly, thanks for the great addon. I was just digging around my logs and found this:

Cool cool. Everything seems to be working. Thanks!

(2013-06-06, 02:41)NewYears1978 Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 21:21)gibxxi Wrote: If you use a mouse with XBMC, moving it when cdART is loaded will cause the mouse pointer to take focus as a pose to cdART. cdART is keyboard focused (arrow keys). Try moving your mouse pointer over one of the on-screen menus for cdART, once that menu becomes highlighted (blue) then use your arrow keys to navigate.

So lost Smile

Probably incorrect tagging info. Also, it will download the artwork to the directory you specify. I'm willing to bet you don't have the directory set to save in your music library.

Yeah I didn't because I thought it couldn't be on network drives..but I changed it awhile ago and that did help.. after I already retagged all my stuff with Picard and then added my own images..lol...oops.

The only thing I can't figure out now is how to turn off the little slideshow images in the playing window. I turned off show artist art or whatever in settings (using Aeon MQ4) but it doesn't turn off.

Well I went to setup my real HTPC (was testing on my main PC) and CDArt doesnt let me select a network location for art..so I cant get art to work again.

The first page of this thread says you dont have to use that location but if I dont..the art wont work..

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 16:53)giftie Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 14:11)Ghostdivision Wrote: I think i fixed the above error after refreshing fanart.tv .....

Just a suggestion.

The Scheduler can't stop XBMC from sleeping. Though it can initiate it. The problem error is probaby caused by a corrupt database.

Refreshing fanart tv data happens when you update cdART Manager and 3 days have pasted since the last fanart tv data has been updated.

I guess I could wait until monday to check I have the scheduler, scheduled to run cdart, do you know if cdart is scanning updating/running will xbmc sleep?

Im just worried I am going to schedule a cdart update and it will be running and my pc will go to sleep since it takes quite awhile to update and if the pc sleeps it will lead to a corrupt database. Although I would assume if cdart is running and doing a database update xbmc should not sleep since its doing something?

Just trying to understand this.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - bofh1976 - 2013-06-06

Hi there,

I´m pretty new to XBMC itself and also to cdArt Manager.
As XBMC could be configured to use a central database as MySQL I have been trying to get the cdArt Manager centralized also. But unfortunately it won´t work as I expected / hoped.

Configuration:
- Windows 8 with MySQL and shareware with the structure:
Interpret\AIbum\Artist-Album-Title.mp3
Tagged using Jaikoz with automized generating the folder structure
XBMC installed with cdArt Manager and rerun multiple times to build the databases
==> everything works fine locally

- Windows 8 client with XBMC installed to listen to music
listening works and some Covers and Fanarts are displayed, but the cdArt itself is missing

- Android 4 on a Smart-PC client with XBMC installed to listen to music
listening works and some Covers and Fanarts are displayed, but the cdArt itself is missing

Now the question is:
- Do I have to install and rebuild on each client the cdArt Manager database locally?
- Is there a way to centralize the cdArt Manager DB?

Many thanks for suggestions!

Regards
chris

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-06, 13:52)Ghostdivision Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 16:53)giftie Wrote:

Just a suggestion.

I guess I could wait until monday to check I have the scheduler, scheduled to run cdart, do you know if cdart is scanning updating/running will xbmc sleep?

Im just worried I am going to schedule a cdart update and it will be running and my pc will go to sleep since it takes quite awhile to update and if the pc sleeps it will lead to a corrupt database. Although I would assume if cdart is running and doing a database update xbmc should not sleep since its doing something?

Just trying to understand this.

XBMC is in ultimate control. I'm not sure about sleep, but I know it will forcefully shutdown all addons if they are running.. Service addons it gives them a chance to shutdown gracefully before shutting down forcefully. There are ways to keep XBMC to not to shut down(via bugs in XBMC) but these are not a good methods to use..

(2013-06-06, 14:28)bofh1976 Wrote: Hi there,

I´m pretty new to XBMC itself and also to cdArt Manager.
As XBMC could be configured to use a central database as MySQL I have been trying to get the cdArt Manager centralized also. But unfortunately it won´t work as I expected / hoped.

Configuration:
- Windows 8 with MySQL and shareware with the structure:
Interpret\AIbum\Artist-Album-Title.mp3
Tagged using Jaikoz with automized generating the folder structure
XBMC installed with cdArt Manager and rerun multiple times to build the databases
==> everything works fine locally

- Windows 8 client with XBMC installed to listen to music

- Android 4 on a Smart-PC client with XBMC installed to listen to music

Now the question is:
- Do I have to install and rebuild on each client the cdArt Manager database locally?
- Is there a way to centralize the cdArt Manager DB?

Many thanks for suggestions!

Regards
chris

The script only needs to run on one system that has full read/write access to the music library folders(where your music is actually stored) and all your music. It only needs to run on multiple systems if you actually have different music libraries(music only available on certain systems) The steps to use cdART Manager is the following.

1. Add source(s) to XBMC
  2. Scan Source(s) into XBMC's Library
  3. Open cdART Manager's settings and set the paths correctly and adjust any settings you want
  4. Once scanning is complete, Run cdART Manager - if first use the script will create a database, otherwise you need to select it from Advanced, Modify Addon Database, Build Database
  5. Once database creation is finished(can take a fair bit of time max time of 15 sec per album)
  6. Now you can manually trigger automatic downloads for each of the art types
  7. After the downloading is complete you need to Update XBMC's Music Library.

Frodo does not provide a way for outside scripts to update the artwork in the database. This causes artwork to seem to be missing(not showing up in XBMC, but actually there in the folders)
Also not all skins support cdART.

Hi,

thanks for your advises.

I read about some of that information before because of searching before posting ;-)

What I didn´t get was that a DB update in Frodo isn´t possible using scripts.
Unfortunately I´m using, yes, your guess was right, Frodo 12.2 .
The Skin is Aeon MQ4, which really impresses me!

Is there any other way to bring XBMC up to show the pictures?
These kind of art is really great even if it would work.

I want all the pictures to be stored within the files, so it won´t be a problem, if the picture just have to be available in the music folders.

Many thanks for helping!

Since you are using Aeon MQ4, have you set up the path to the artwork? You can access it from one of the drop down menus in the Music Library.

Yes, I think so.
Here are the locations where I set the path to the shared network folder:
Musik ==> Files
Program Add-Ons ==>
Artist Slideshow
- Diashow local artistfolder
Artwork Organizer
- Custom Source: Path
CDArt Manager
- Music Folder

Configuration of AddOns
Show add-on fanart: true

After changing the skin to AEON NOX there is an additional path to set:
Skin - Settings - Paths:
- Path to CD-Cover Folder
- Path to Musicdatabase (needed for Artwork)
- structure of the musicfolder: Artist/Album/

Sorry if the translation is not exactly what it is called in XBMC ´cause I´m using a german version.

There haven´t been some pathes set correctly because of local testing, I corrected that and rebuild the xbmc database.
BUT....
These settings were made at the Win8 computer in the living room, not at the central Win8 computer.

Do I have to set all the pathes the same at each machine? I guess - yes!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - lostwithouthope - 2013-06-07

hopefully I don't annoy you but you haven't answered my question from page 173 so i try it again:

hello giftie,

first i want to thank you for your great plugin!
the last times i used it to down load pictures from fanart.tv i found an odd behavior. I have the folder "Bullet for My Valentine" with subfolders for the albums, when the cdart manger downloaded pictures it created a folder called "Bullet For My Valentine" and stored the pictures there, this lead me to believe that the folder for bfmv should be called "Bullet For My Valentine" so i renamed mine and started the cdart manager again but this time cdart manager created a folder named "Bullet for My Valentine" and stored the pictures there... This happens with a handful of artists another example is "System of A Down"/"System Of A Down"/ or "No Use for A Name"/"No Use For A Name"...
Another strange behavior is with the artist "Tales of Evening" for this artist a new folder is created called "Tales of Evening " the same goes for "Silentium"/"Silentium ". I have really no idea what is wrong, maybe you could help me.

Regards!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - crizza0309 - 2013-06-07

using latest version on OSX and I get stuck at retrieving album details, any ideas?