Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- giftie - 2011-03-08

pigeldi Wrote:That is exactly what I did before I posted, or have you now updated the add-on?

There were a couple of fixes in between the last two versions (1.2.5 and 1.2.7) If you still have 1.2.5 on you system, can you update to 1.2.7, give it a try again. If it doesn't work, please post an updated xbmc.log to pastebin

thanks

- pigeldi - 2011-03-13

Another debug log, it is not working:
http://pastebin.com/fjuDsq7Z

- giftie - 2011-03-13

pigeldi Wrote:Another debug log, it is not working:
http://pastebin.com/fjuDsq7Z

Can you delete the following folder and try again:

C:\Users\Asrock\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\ and try again?

The permissions are too high for the script to remove the files.

- stoli - 2011-03-13

reverted back to 10.0, uninstalled script, removed folders, reinstalled and it still hangs on retrieving the database.

Pertinent section of the log:

http://pastebin.com/6rSunXWy

- giftie - 2011-03-13

I'm really starting to dislike Windows 7 and it's permissions....

Working on a fix...

- giftie - 2011-03-13

New Version available on XBMC.org soon, but available here for download

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9h2kz4ld3mbtg9/script.cdartmanager.1.2.8.zip

Windows 7 has some frustrating security permissions that cause problems with the script(It needs to be able to delete files and it's not being allowed to) I'm not sure on the fix for this... The file that it created(l_cdart.db) sometimes gets corrupt and needs to be deleted. If you find that the script fails to finish creating the database, please post your full xbmc.log file to pastebin.

- KiSUAN - 2011-03-13

Ok, just in time it seems, I have 2 contributions and a contribution/petition.

Contributions:

Spanish Translation strings.xml

Spanish Translation/Description-Added addon.xml... Almost forget, this file is already up to date with this download that you just posted, version 1.2.8, so you can just replace or either copy the lines, as you find fit.

Contribution/Petition:

I have 1920x1200 Panel (aspect ratio 16x10) so de CdArt the rotates, the one that goes in the CdArt Manager Icon place gets all stretched and weird (really ugly thing), all you have to do is add a line to the skin to solve this and it doesn't affect either people with 16x9 or other aspect ratios like me.

@ Start Line 45

Code:
<control type="image" id="210"> <!-- cdART image for album List -->
                <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="8000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="Control.HasFocus(122) | Control.HasFocus(140)">conditional</animation>
                <description>page header tab icon</description>
                <posx>20</posx>
                <posy>12</posy>
                <width>220</width>
                <height>220</height>
+        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(122) | Control.HasFocus(140) | ControlGroup(9011).HasFocus</visible>
            </control>

I also uploaded a script-cdartmanager.xml with this little line added just make things easier for you if you want.

Thanks in advance.

- giftie - 2011-03-13

Thanks for the translation. and the fix.. I noticed this on my laptop, but forgot to look into fixigg the aspect ratio...

KiSUAN Wrote:Ok, just in time it seems, I have 2 contributions and a contribution/petition.

Contributions:

Spanish Translation strings.xml

Spanish Translation/Description-Added addon.xml... Almost forget, this file is already up to date with this download that you just posted, version 1.2.8, so you can just replace or either copy the lines, as you find fit.

Contribution/Petition:

I have 1920x1200 Panel (aspect ratio 16x10) so de CdArt the rotates, the one that goes in the CdArt Manager Icon place gets all stretched and weird (really ugly thing), all you have to do is add a line to the skin to solve this and it doesn't affect either people with 16x9 or other aspect ratios like me.

@ Start Line 45

Code:
<control type="image" id="210"> <!-- cdART image for album List -->
                <animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="8000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="Control.HasFocus(122) | Control.HasFocus(140)">conditional</animation>
                <description>page header tab icon</description>
                <posx>20</posx>
                <posy>12</posy>
                <width>220</width>
                <height>220</height>
+        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(122) | Control.HasFocus(140) | ControlGroup(9011).HasFocus</visible>
            </control>

I also uploaded a script-cdartmanager.xml with this little line added just make things easier for you if you want.

Thanks in advance.

- gdallas - 2011-03-16

General question for everyone. New to XBMC and this script, although I have it working fine. I checked out xbmcstuff.com and signed up. However, I cannot figure out how to upload CD Art there. I'm scanning some of my CD's and would like to contribute back. The forums there seem to be overrun with automated spam.

I found one relevant post about logging in, going to the CDArt Artist page and I should be able to upload, but when I do so, I see nothing on the screen that indicates I can upload anything or create a new artist.

Does anyone have any insight? The script retrieved CD art for 150 of my 750 albums. I really want to contribute, but this is non-obvious.

Thanks for any assistance.

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-16

gdallas Wrote:General question for everyone. New to XBMC and this script, although I have it working fine. I checked out xbmcstuff.com and signed up. However, I cannot figure out how to upload CD Art there. I'm scanning some of my CD's and would like to contribute back. The forums there seem to be overrun with automated spam.

I found one relevant post about logging in, going to the CDArt Artist page and I should be able to upload, but when I do so, I see nothing on the screen that indicates I can upload anything or create a new artist.

Does anyone have any insight? The script retrieved CD art for 150 of my 750 albums. I really want to contribute, but this is non-obvious.

i agree with this. i started using this app when the neon skin added support and signed up on xbmc stuff but cant figure out how to upload.
can it be done thru the program within xbmc? it would be good if you could get cdart manager to create a backup of you unique cdarts that it automatically renames and uploads to xbmcstuff.

this leads me onto my second problem i have been downloading cdarts from allcdcovers.com, creating them into .pngs and moving them into my music library.
the problem i have is once ive saved the cdart.png into the appropriate album folder they dont appear in the cdart manager library. ive tried to scan and update the library but it doesnt seem to work. how do i do this?

- giftie - 2011-03-16

gdallas Wrote:General question for everyone. New to XBMC and this script, although I have it working fine. I checked out xbmcstuff.com and signed up. However, I cannot figure out how to upload CD Art there. I'm scanning some of my CD's and would like to contribute back. The forums there seem to be overrun with automated spam.

I agree that it is not too obvious - took me a while to upload.

step 1. Login to xbmcstuff.com - upper right corner
step 2. Click on the Artist submenu under CDARTS
step 3. Select on the Letter of the Album Artist

If Artist is available, jump to step 6

step 4. To add a new artist, click on 'Click Here'

step 5. Fill out the Information and click on 'Submit Query'

step 6. To add a new Album, select the artist
step 7. and click on 'Click Here'

step 8. Browse for your PNG image(xbmcstuff requires the image to be 450x450) and fill out the album information, then click on 'Submit Query'

- giftie - 2011-03-16

theironyuppie Wrote:i agree with this. i started using this app when the neon skin added support and signed up on xbmc stuff but cant figure out how to upload.
can it be done thru the program within xbmc? it would be good if you could get cdart manager to create a backup of you unique cdarts that it automatically renames and uploads to xbmcstuff.

cdART Manager can create a back up of your unique cdarts, renamed following the pattern that is set in the settings. It actually also can upload as well, except there only via FTP. Imaginos(owner of xbmcstuff.com) does not want to open up to FTP(for security reasons) I was looking into starting up my own website for this but haven't yet.

Quote:this leads me onto my second problem i have been downloading cdarts from allcdcovers.com, creating them into .pngs and moving them into my music library.
the problem i have is once ive saved the cdart.png into the appropriate album folder they dont appear in the cdart manager library. ive tried to scan and update the library but it doesnt seem to work. how do i do this?

Have you rescanned the Addon's database? Advanced -> Refresh Addon Database

- gdallas - 2011-03-16

giftie Wrote:I agree that it is not too obvious - took me a while to upload.

step 4. To add a new artist, click on 'Click Here'

Thanks for the detailed response. Something else is going on. I am logged in. I have an activated account, but when I go to an artist list (any letter) the box you show with the 'click here' link does not appear for me.

All I see is the top navigation bar (News/Home/TV Shows/CD Arts) with the Artist letter selection list below that, and then the list of artists for whatever I selected.

For some reason I guess it doesn't think I have the rights to upload so I get no opportunity to do so. Not sure how to fix that.

---------------------
Just figured it out. I needed to create a 'creator' account. Go to Profile. Click on 'Contributions' and it will give a dialog to create a 'creator' account. Once I did that, the dialogs appear on the CDArt Artist pages.

- giftie - 2011-03-16

gdallas Wrote:Thanks for the detailed response. Something else is going on. I am logged in. I have an activated account, but when I go to an artist list (any letter) the box you show with the 'click here' link does not appear for me.

All I see is the top navigation bar (News/Home/TV Shows/CD Arts) with the Artist letter selection list below that, and then the list of artists for whatever I selected.

For some reason I guess it doesn't think I have the rights to upload so I get no opportunity to do so. Not sure how to fix that.

---------------------
Just figured it out. I needed to create a 'creator' account. Go to Profile. Click on 'Contributions' and it will give a dialog to create a 'creator' account. Once I did that, the dialogs appear on the CDArt Artist pages.

Great news.... It's been about a year since I added my account, so I forgot about that part of the settings...

- spong_miester - 2011-03-16

don't wanna sound like a plank but how on earth do you use this?