Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-16

giftie Wrote:cdART Manager can create a back up of your unique cdarts, renamed following the pattern that is set in the settings. It actually also can upload as well, except there only via FTP. Imaginos(owner of xbmcstuff.com) does not want to open up to FTP(for security reasons) I was looking into starting up my own website for this but haven't yet.

Have you rescanned the Addon's database? Advanced -> Refresh Addon Database

yeh ive tried to refresh addon database. then it gives me the option to delete local database, from this ive tried yes and no but my added arts still dont appear under the local cdart list. ive also tried cleaning the local databse but still no joy. its a bummer coz if i could get them to appear id be able to create a backup then i could upload them to xbmcstuff. be nice to be able to contribute Sad
there must be some way to get it to recognise them without manually copying them to another directory and renaming them all?

- giftie - 2011-03-16

theironyuppie Wrote:yeh ive tried to refresh addon database. then it gives me the option to delete local database, from this ive tried yes and no but my added arts still dont appear under the local cdart list. ive also tried cleaning the local databse but still no joy. its a bummer coz if i could get them to appear id be able to create a backup then i could upload them to xbmcstuff. be nice to be able to contribute Sad
there must be some way to get it to recognise them without manually copying them to another directory and renaming them all?

What OS are you using?

You could always delete the l_cdart.db database file found in userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager. Then the script should search your library and hopefully find the new cdarts...

If it doesn't could you post your xbmc.log file to pastebin for me to see what is going on, also post a sample folder of one that is not retrieving the cdart.

Thanxs..

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-17

giftie Wrote:What OS are you using?

You could always delete the l_cdart.db database file found in userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager. Then the script should search your library and hopefully find the new cdarts...

If it doesn't could you post your xbmc.log file to pastebin for me to see what is going on, also post a sample folder of one that is not retrieving the cdart.

Thanxs..

using windows 7. just deleted the database file and rescanned library and it seems to have fixed it.Big Grin
ill keep an eye on it to see if it updates properly next time i add cdart otherwise ill run a debug on it and post so we can get it fixed. cheers.

- stoli - 2011-03-17

giftie Wrote:I'm really starting to dislike Windows 7 and it's permissions....

Working on a fix...

Looks like it is working now - thanks!

- giftie - 2011-03-17

theironyuppie Wrote:using windows 7. just deleted the database file and rescanned library and it seems to have fixed it.Big Grin
ill keep an eye on it to see if it updates properly next time i add cdart otherwise ill run a debug on it and post so we can get it fixed. cheers.

I had a feeling(Windows 7) Win7 has some odd permissions and it doesn't seem to allow the script to delete a file it created..

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-17

giftie Wrote:I had a feeling(Windows 7) Win7 has some odd permissions and it doesn't seem to allow the script to delete a file it created..

so i added a few more cdarts to my library and had the same trouble as before, they wouldnt add into the cdart manager when i refreshed the addon library.
i created a log and uploaded it to pasetbin. heres the link:
http://pastebin.com/E0URvv6N
hope it makes more sense to you than me.
not sure if i did it right or not since this is the first time ive used pastebin. if the link doesnt work let me know and ill give it another crack

- giftie - 2011-03-18

theironyuppie Wrote:so i added a few more cdarts to my library and had the same trouble as before, they wouldnt add into the cdart manager when i refreshed the addon library.
i created a log and uploaded it to pasetbin. heres the link:
http://pastebin.com/E0URvv6N
hope it makes more sense to you than me.
not sure if i did it right or not since this is the first time ive used pastebin. if the link doesnt work let me know and ill give it another crack

The problem is for some reason Win7 is not allowing the script to delete the Db file. This function works fine on all other OSes(I believe) just not Win7. At the moment, the only way to fix is to delete the file l_cdart.db manually. I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-18

giftie Wrote:The problem is for some reason Win7 is not allowing the script to delete the Db file. This function works fine on all other OSes(I believe) just not Win7. At the moment, the only way to fix is to delete the file l_cdart.db manually. I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.

no worries. im happy to do it manually for now. ill leave it to you as i know nothing about coding. im sure it must be able to be done tho seeing the movies database for xbmc itself is updated and modified regularly along with the library. maybe u could borrow some code from there? (again, i know nothing about coding)

- Axodious - 2011-03-23

Hey,

Using 10.1 on Win7 x64, seem to be having a similar issue to everyone else.

Installed the addon, it started creating the addon database, went to "Sorting" and stopped at the first artist. XBMC is still functioning at this point and I can hit "Cancel" but nothing happens. I have to Alt-F4 to get out which ~75% of the time causes XBMC to hard crash with no error log.

Just to give all the details the computer running XBMC is on an Active Directory domain.

Here is my log, I had to truncate large amounts of the addon adding music as my music collection is rather large (there's 2 line breaks where I truncated), however this shouldn't have removed any important information.

http://pastebin.com/P4npW6uK

- Axodious - 2011-03-26

Seems to possibly be hanging from the amount of albums being searched. Added a small test folder with ~20 albums and it worked fine. XBMC isn't using any CPU or network usage once it hits "Creating Addon Database" and I've tried now on 2 different computers.

- giftie - 2011-03-27

Axodious Wrote:Seems to possibly be hanging from the amount of albums being searched. Added a small test folder with ~20 albums and it worked fine. XBMC isn't using any CPU or network usage once it hits "Creating Addon Database" and I've tried now on 2 different computers.

I'm not sure if that is the case(Though it could be) My library is not as large as yours, only about 1700 albums, and flows well.. The issue I have most often is non Unicode characters(Windows, iTunes seem to be the usual offenders) I'm doing some work on the script this weekend, hopefully what ever is causing your problem will be solved(soon)

- Axodious - 2011-03-27

giftie Wrote:I'm not sure if that is the case(Though it could be) My library is not as large as yours, only about 1700 albums, and flows well.. The issue I have most often is non Unicode characters(Windows, iTunes seem to be the usual offenders) I'm doing some work on the script this weekend, hopefully what ever is causing your problem will be solved(soon)

Just FYI my collection is 3000 albums total.

However I do have several artists/albums with non-unicode characters.

*EDIT*
Just tested specifically with a non-unicode folder and yeah it froze the same way.

For reference the artist/album that I tested with was "浜崎あゆみ - GUILTY".

- giftie - 2011-03-27

Axodious Wrote:Just FYI my collection is 3000 albums total.

However I do have several artists/albums with non-unicode characters.

*EDIT*
Just tested specifically with a non-unicode folder and yeah it froze the same way.

For reference the artist/album that I tested with was "浜崎あゆみ - GUILTY".

Do you have an idea of what code page it is written in? Or what system(OS)?

- Axodious - 2011-03-27

giftie Wrote:Do you have an idea of what code page it is written in? Or what system(OS)?

Sadly I do not, iTunes or one of my ID3 tag applications may have touched it and I'm running Win7 x64.

Turns out I only had the one non-unicode album so I'm testing with it renamed to the English name.

- giftie - 2011-03-27

Axodious Wrote:Sadly I do not, iTunes or one of my ID3 tag applications may have touched it and I'm running Win7 x64.

Turns out I only had the one non-unicode album so I'm testing with it renamed to the English name.

I did find the error that ultimately was crashing cdART Manager..
Code:
10:28:31 T:3824 M:4294967295  NOTICE: album_artist_1["local_id"] = id                                 # local id
10:28:31 T:3824 M:4294967295  NOTICE: UnboundLocalError
10:28:31 T:3824 M:4294967295  NOTICE: :
10:28:31 T:3824 M:4294967295  NOTICE: local variable 'id' referenced before assignment

And think I have that fixed. But I still think I have a problem detecting and processing the encoding of the album details..