Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- OldTerrier - 2011-09-05

PatOso Wrote:giftie say:

Had the same problem, and it now works fine.
Thanks giftie

I too have the same problem. Can we have an idiots guide to how to fix it or an update please. The reason Im asking is I have tried to find the code to change without success. I dont know if im doing this wrong, but I opened the database.py file using notepad and counted down the lines to 297. Now the problem is the code quoted above to change is not on that line or indeed any other line in the whole file.

Appologies if im being dumb here.

- Martijn - 2011-09-05

Is there any chance of putting the build database in the regular menu instead of the settings?
The best would be to always build in background.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-05

OldTerrier Wrote:I too have the same problem. Can we have an idiots guide to how to fix it or an update please. The reason Im asking is I have tried to find the code to change without success. I dont know if im doing this wrong, but I opened the database.py file using notepad and counted down the lines to 297. Now the problem is the code quoted above to change is not on that line or indeed any other line in the whole file.

Well mine updated the other day (which I'm assuming contained this fix) so you shouldn't have to change anything now.

Notepad probably isn't the best thing to be editing it with, I used notepad++ to do it.

- DrPepper - 2011-09-05

hi

everytime i try to install i get "Dependencies not met"

Be it 1.4.9 pre eden or 2.5.0 pre eden.
I am running Openelec with the Pre Eden version.

This is the error message in xbmc.log :

17:55:22 T:140418372052800 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /storage/script.cdartmanager.zip/icon.png

Any help ?

- giftie - 2011-09-05

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Is there any chance of putting the build database in the regular menu instead of the settings?
The best would be to always build in background.

It is available in from the script(under Advanced) The problem of putting background from the script, two instances of the script need to run then as there is no easy way of exiting the script when the 'background scan' is started. And running two instances can cause a lot of problems....

- giftie - 2011-09-05

OldTerrier Wrote:I too have the same problem. Can we have an idiots guide to how to fix it or an update please. The reason Im asking is I have tried to find the code to change without success. I dont know if im doing this wrong, but I opened the database.py file using notepad and counted down the lines to 297. Now the problem is the code quoted above to change is not on that line or indeed any other line in the whole file.

This should be fixed in the repo.. You might have to delete the lcdart.db file from your userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder(especially if you use Windows and Dharma)

- giftie - 2011-09-05

DrPepper Wrote:hi

everytime i try to install i get "Dependencies not met"

Be it 1.4.9 pre eden or 2.5.0 pre eden.
I am running Openelec with the Pre Eden version.

This is the error message in xbmc.log :

17:55:22 T:140418372052800 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /storage/script.cdartmanager.zip/icon.png

Any help ?

OpenElec - pre-eden version should run 2.5.0

I'm not sure how the repo works(or doesn't work) with OpenElec.

- DrPepper - 2011-09-05

uuuumh , which repo ? There's nothing in the official Repo's.

I downloaded the ZIP from the 1st page and the zip from the git, and tried to install that.
with the error that we know...

do you have another repo i could try to add ?

- giftie - 2011-09-05

DrPepper Wrote:uuuumh , which repo ? There's nothing in the official Repo's.

I downloaded the ZIP from the 1st page and the zip from the git, and tried to install that.
with the error that we know...

do you have another repo i could try to add ?

It's on the Official XBMC repo.

- x23piracy - 2011-09-05

Hi,

giftie Wrote:It's on the Official XBMC repo.

i use the the latest ppa on openelec and have 1.4.9 installed,
under addons it shows me the available update but when i try
to install it it say problem with dependencies...

What should be the problem?

Greetz X23

- giftie - 2011-09-05

Could you post a debug log of when you try to install the script from the repo.. If you installed the 1.4.9 pre-Eden version before, nothing should be different(except some minor changes) in 2.5.0

x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

i use the the latest ppa on openelec and have 1.4.9 installed,
under addons it shows me the available update but when i try
to install it it say problem with dependencies...

What should be the problem?

Greetz X23

- tzortst - 2011-09-06

Running 2.5.0 on the nightly build from couple days ago.

Brand new fresh install, it creates the database, scans all 2000+ albums, finishes then only displays the first 5 albums, i wipe the cache data and try again, same only lists the 5 albums.

Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue?

- Faldafeykir - 2011-09-07

I installed the new repo, worked great automatic download for cdart. When I did the same for the fanart it put it in the wrong folders.

E.g. my structure is like this Music/A/Adele/21/Adele - SomeSong.mp3
The cdart was put in the album folder but the fanart was being saved to the root: Music/Adele/extrafanart/some.jpg

Appears its not getting the right path.

Also AC/DC got saved like this: Music/AC/DC/extrafanart. The backslash in the name is causing problems.

- giftie - 2011-09-08

tzortst Wrote:Running 2.5.0 on the nightly build from couple days ago.

Brand new fresh install, it creates the database, scans all 2000+ albums, finishes then only displays the first 5 albums, i wipe the cache data and try again, same only lists the 5 albums.

Any ideas? Anyone else having the same issue?

I would need to see a debug log of cdART Manager trying to build the database to have an idea of what is going on.

- giftie - 2011-09-08

Faldafeykir Wrote:I installed the new repo, worked great automatic download for cdart. When I did the same for the fanart it put it in the wrong folders.

E.g. my structure is like this Music/A/Adele/21/Adele - SomeSong.mp3
The cdart was put in the album folder but the fanart was being saved to the root: Music/Adele/extrafanart/some.jpg

The path for extrafanart, logos works only for the following file path format:

Artist/Album/Tracks

This is because XBMC does not provide any sort of path to the Artist level to the skins or scripts(it actually does not exist, just paths to songs.)

Quote:Also AC/DC got saved like this: Music/AC/DC/extrafanart. The backslash in the name is causing problems.

This has been posted a few times. Skins use the music path that is supplied in settings to create a complete path.

It builds the complete path by using the artist name(A label provided by XBMC) added to this music path. So when XBMC supplies the skin the label For AC/DC it is provided as AC/DC, not ACDC or AC_DC, etc. So the full path would be music_path/AC/DC. The script uses the same principle on saving the files. If it didn't, skins would not have access to the images.