Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- [Tahini] - 2012-01-24

Is there a tutorial about using the script? I've been losing sleep trying to understand even the basics... I even accidentally erased my music library and had to rescan everything.
If there's some extra info on how to use the addon please let me know.
Alternatively if you or some user is available for explanation on Ircnet that would be also very much appreciated.

- giftie - 2012-01-24

[Tahini];997909 Wrote:Is there a tutorial about using the script? I've been losing sleep trying to understand even the basics... I even accidentally erased my music library and had to rescan everything.
If there's some extra info on how to use the addon please let me know.
Alternatively if you or some user is available for explanation on Ircnet that would be also very much appreciated.

How did you erase your music library?

Steps:

1. Add you music to XBMC's Music Library
  2. While XBMC is building the library, open up the settings to cdART Manager(have cdART Manager highlighted then open context menu -> addon settings)
  3. Set up your folders...
  4. Setup your Custom Colours(if you want)
  5. Setup Extra settings(except for Build Database in background)
  6. Now select OK
  7. When XBMC is finished building the library, open cdART Manager
  8. If the script detects that the addon's database is missing or incomplete, it will start building the addon database.
  9. If everything goes well, the addon database should be built(takes about the same amount of time that XBMC takes)
  10. Once the addon's database is built, you should be able to start using the script.
  11. There are 2 download methods for each artwork form. Manual and Automatic. Selecting Automatic is the easiest to start. clearLOGOs and Fanarts often will have multiple images available, Manual(Search Artist) allows you to pick which one you want.

If you find that the script freezes up while building the database and you are using Windows, you will need to delete the lcdart.db files from the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder.

- [Tahini] - 2012-01-24

Funny 'cause two hours after posting that desperate request for help I made a last attempt: I made the script rebuild its database and left it chugging all night long. In the morning before going to work I checked it and saw that it had found 1987 artists Smile
I'll explore more of the script in the next days.

I was left puzzling because to me it is not clear whether "music library" in the script settings means "collection of music files" or the db file built and used by xbmc after having scanned that collection.

I wiped my music library (not the collection of files) by mistake after trying one of the options in the settings (I think it was Advanced: Clean Music database or something like that, I'm not sure).

Btw, 1/4 times launching the script causes Xbmc to crash. I'm using Openelec 1.0.2, and I launch the script through the Favourites menu. When crashes occur this is what happens: I launch the script, xbmc crashes (if there was music playing, it abruptly stops) and it restarts immediately. After that I can launch the script with no problems.

- fional - 2012-01-29

Having a strange issue. I have about 1021 albums, and it took about 8 hours to create the database, and then it just stalled.

http://pastebin.com/3WJz2Ue8

Above is my log.

On a side note, I was able to create the exact same database under Dharma, using 1.4.9 of cdART Manager. Now I'm using Eden Beta 2, so I started over with everything.

Cheers Smile

- giftie - 2012-01-30

fional Wrote:Having a strange issue. I have about 1021 albums, and it took about 8 hours to create the database, and then it just stalled.

http://pastebin.com/3WJz2Ue8

Above is my log.

On a side note, I was able to create the exact same database under Dharma, using 1.4.9 of cdART Manager. Now I'm using Eden Beta 2, so I started over with everything.

Cheers Smile

The database was not changed(since 1.3.2) but the problem looks like you had two instances of the script running. Did you by chance click on the option to build database in the background(in settings) then start the script?

- Ghostdivision - 2012-01-30

Is this possible to be used with eden builds?

- danielhitch - 2012-01-30

Is there any way I can point the save folder to a network (smb) share without mapping? Similar (or the same) as the interface used to add locations for music / movies.

Many thanks (and great work).

Dan.

- danielhitch - 2012-01-30

Ghostdivision Wrote:Is this possible to be used with eden builds?

Im using this script with the latest eden (beta pre 2) and cannot find fault with it :-)

Use away...

- Ghostdivision - 2012-01-30

Thank you.

Still a little scarred about it overwriting my own folder.jpg album art though im not quite sure how this program works yet.

- fional - 2012-01-30

giftie Wrote:The database was not changed(since 1.3.2) but the problem looks like you had two instances of the script running. Did you by chance click on the option to build database in the background(in settings) then start the script?

I might have Big Grin It's hard to say. How can I make sure it's not running in the background? Simply restart XBMC?

- giftie - 2012-01-30

Ghostdivision Wrote:Thank you.

Still a little scarred about it overwriting my own folder.jpg album art though im not quite sure how this program works yet.

It will not overwrite the artwork normally.

In automatic mode, if it finds one, it checks the size of the one locally and the one online if the one online is larger(they are 1000x1000) it will overwrite the artwork(cdARTs, CoverARTS) I added this to keep the best available artwork on the local computer.

In manual mode, it will overwrite the artwork, since you had made that choice.

- giftie - 2012-01-30

fional Wrote:I might have Big Grin It's hard to say. How can I make sure it's not running in the background? Simply restart XBMC?

As long as you do not select the 'Build Database in background' in settings it should not. The script behaves unusually when there is more than one instance(it can't properly test with out causing both to fail)

- fional - 2012-01-30

giftie Wrote:As long as you do not select the 'Build Database in background' in settings it should not. The script behaves unusually when there is more than one instance(it can't properly test with out causing both to fail)

If I had selected that previously and then exited XBMC, I assume that it won't pick up where it left off, performing in the background, when I restart XBMC?

- dugan26 - 2012-01-30

Great Addon -

I am having no luck getting extra fan art to work ...

From what I have read, upon download it should create a folder called extra fanart - I am not getting that - any ideas?

cdArt on read only share - knifto - 2012-01-30

I really love your Addon
However, my music collection is on a read only share (I'm very paranoia about program writing to my music folders).

Everything in XBMC works great (backdrops, bio, etc).
However cdART wants to write the cdart.png in the music folder itself (is not possible on a read only share).

I use cdART for the actual image of the spinning disc.
Is there a way to get this working for me?

(At the moment I'm filling a copy of my music folders with cdart.png files, copy only the png files back into the original folders).