Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- distracto - 2012-01-30

I just installed this on a new XBMC install, is there a one time scan available? Or do I have to select automatic download for each artwork?

- giftie - 2012-01-31

fional Wrote:If I had selected that previously and then exited XBMC, I assume that it won't pick up where it left off, performing in the background, when I restart XBMC?

If the script discovers that the script database is corrupt, it will restart the building of the database when you start the script, though not in the background.

- giftie - 2012-01-31

dugan26 Wrote:Great Addon -

I am having no luck getting extra fan art to work ...

From what I have read, upon download it should create a folder called extra fanart - I am not getting that - any ideas?

Not with out a debug log

- giftie - 2012-01-31

knifto Wrote:I really love your Addon
However, my music collection is on a read only share (I'm very paranoia about program writing to my music folders).

Everything in XBMC works great (backdrops, bio, etc).
However cdART wants to write the cdart.png in the music folder itself (is not possible on a read only share).

I use cdART for the actual image of the spinning disc.
Is there a way to get this working for me?

(At the moment I'm filling a copy of my music folders with cdart.png files, copy only the png files back into the original folders).

It was desided by skin developers a while back to have the cdARTs stored in the actual music folder. So all skins(that support cdART ) looks for the artwork there. If the skins were to add support for an artwork folder, changes would be made to the script.

- igbygoesclown - 2012-01-31

How long does it typically take to backup cdart files? I have 2748 albums and 833 of those have the cdarts. It took more than 7 hours to create the database and I'm wondering if it would take that same amount of time. I was hoping it won't since there's only 833 of them but 40 mins in and there's only 2 cdarts saved. Sad

- dugan26 - 2012-02-02

giftie Wrote:Not with out a debug log

Hi-

What do i need to capture in the log? do I just go to the music folder and play something?

Or do I download some fanart and go through that process for the log?

- giftie - 2012-02-02

dugan26 Wrote:Hi-

What do i need to capture in the log? do I just go to the music folder and play something?

Or do I download some fanart and go through that process for the log?

If you are having trouble with the script creating the extrafanart folder and downloading the fanarts you would need a debug log that is created while the program is downloading them. Extrafanart is only download during the Auto Download.

For creating the debug log see the bottom of the second message in this thread(first page, second message) or see my signature.

- stoli - 2012-02-04

I'm not sure if this is just a temporary issue with MusicBrainz or something with the script, but when rebuilding the database all artist lookups are returning 503 errors:

Code:
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - No releases found on MusicBrainz.
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Retieving MusicBrainz Info - Including Singles
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Artist: '(hed) Planet Earth'
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Album: 'Broke'
11:31:39 T:3872   ERROR: [script.cdartmanager] - Error: HTTP Error 503:

This is 2.5.1 on Eden Beta 2 / Win32

Regards,

- giftie - 2012-02-04

stoli Wrote:I'm not sure if this is just a temporary issue with MusicBrainz or something with the script, but when rebuilding the database all artist lookups are returning 503 errors:

Code:
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - No releases found on MusicBrainz.
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Retieving MusicBrainz Info - Including Singles
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Artist: '(hed) Planet Earth'
11:31:39 T:3872   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Album: 'Broke'
11:31:39 T:3872   ERROR: [script.cdartmanager] - Error: HTTP Error 503:

This is 2.5.1 on Eden Beta 2 / Win32

Regards,

Yea, it seems that MusicBrainz is throttling the access through the python module that is being used by the script. They have thottled the access to 50 request per second, which seems like enough since cdART Manager only makes 1 request per second, but there are a lot of other python programs that use it(MusicBrainz Picard for one) so that 50 seems to get used up quickly. I have made some changes that actually eliminate that python module since I only used a very small part of it.

I'll try to get the script ready for release(at least the Eden version)

- stoli - 2012-02-04

Thanks for the prompt update giftie - I'll wait for the update.

- dugan26 - 2012-02-06

giftie Wrote:If you are having trouble with the script creating the extrafanart folder and downloading the fanarts you would need a debug log that is created while the program is downloading them. Extrafanart is only download during the Auto Download.

For creating the debug log see the bottom of the second message in this thread(first page, second message) or see my signature.

ah - ok that makes sense I was not using the auto download option - I will check that out first

Edit: It is working - thanks - great app

Using CDLabels for library - Joeforsale - 2012-02-10

Im using Aeon MQ3 theme. Can anyone tell me the best way to get the library mode to just show the CD Labels for my albums? Also, if I go in and manually change the library art it gets changed back. Is there in easy way to get XBMC to only use the artwork from CDArt Manager? Thanks in advance for any reply.

- giftie - 2012-02-11

Joeforsale Wrote:Im using Aeon MQ3 theme. Can anyone tell me the best way to get the library mode to just show the CD Labels for my albums? Also, if I go in and manually change the library art it gets changed back. Is there in easy way to get XBMC to only use the artwork from CDArt Manager? Thanks in advance for any reply.

You music probably has embedded artwork in the music tracks. XBMC pulls this as the art work first before the folder.jpg. Some Skin developers(Aeon Nox by Big_Noid) have the skin displaying the folder.jpg image if available before the image in the Library. I don't think there is a work around, except removing the embedded art.

- Mizaki - 2012-02-12

I think I've got a filename case issue. This is repeated in the log and carries on if I try to cancel.
Code:
WARNING: CreateDirectory, cant create dir </mnt/media/audio/Hefner/extrafanart/>. trying lower case.

The problem is the artist name folder. It's actually all lowercase. The extrafanart dir has been created but I guess it can't find it because it is looking for "Hefner" and not "hefner".

As you can guess this is on linux Smile

- giftie - 2012-02-12

Mizaki Wrote:I think I've got a filename case issue. This is repeated in the log and carries on if I try to cancel.
Code:
WARNING: CreateDirectory, cant create dir </mnt/media/audio/Hefner/extrafanart/>. trying lower case.

The problem is the artist name folder. It's actually all lowercase. The extrafanart dir has been created but I guess it can't find it because it is looking for "Hefner" and not "hefner".

As you can guess this is on linux Smile

The strange part I think is that XBMC is creating the problem. I have a feeling that XBMC does try the path in lower case in this instance(creating a directory) but does not check in lower case when the script is checking for existance of the path. Which is causing an endless loop(which I didn't have a test for the cancel button within Confused )

I need to do a little more checking, but I do think that this is the reason for the problem, since the script should create any missing folders(and since Linux is case sensitive, it should have created the path with Hefner)