Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- Mizaki - 2012-02-12

If you want me to test anything just send me a pm Smile

- giftie - 2012-02-12

Mizaki Wrote:If you want me to test anything just send me a pm Smile

I've fixed the endless loop(when canceled is pressed) But the bug regarding the path is inside XBMC. I have posted a ticket on Trac.

- kri kri - 2012-02-13

Is there a way to set the music path to my library which is a samba network location?

- Martijn - 2012-02-13

kri kri Wrote:Is there a way to set the music path to my library which is a samba network location?

add a samba share as a source in XBMC File Manager. Then this will become available to add-ons/skins

- Chiaki - 2012-02-14

I heard of someone who uses a batch script to create many cd arts at once by using the id3-tag and just kind of "cutting out" a cd art. Do you have any idea how this might work or if there are any other means of batch scripting cd arts?

- giftie - 2012-02-14

Chiaki Wrote:I heard of someone who uses a batch script to create many cd arts at once by using the id3-tag and just kind of "cutting out" a cd art. Do you have any idea how this might work or if there are any other means of batch scripting cd arts?

The only way I can see an 'automated' method to creating cdARTs is if you control the creation of the artwork file(scan all the labels in the exact same location on the scanner) But even still, the CDs vary in design and label methods(some have labels that go right to the centre hub, where others do not)

I know we are quite picky on accepting labels on Fanart.tv(heck even mine get rejected, we want the best what can I say Smile ) So I'm doubtful that there is an automated batch script(though I can be wrong)

- Martijn - 2012-02-14

There is some script for GIMP. I tried it but you are better of following the tutorial on the site Smile

- PatOso - 2012-02-14

Strings spanish update 14.02.12

http://www.mediafire.com/?umwk29d31e72no1

Update Please, Thanks................

- U5tabil - 2012-02-19

Im not really sure about how this work.

but i tried to contribute with some pictures to fanart.tv. added "120 days" album. but it seems like i can't find it when i use the script in XBMC.
http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=582c15e8-0f6b-4462-9796-85bae34173b8
Any idea on what i do wrong?

- giftie - 2012-02-19

A complete debug log of when you try to access the manual download section and trying to open the artist 120 days would be helpful.

- U5tabil - 2012-02-20

giftie Wrote:A complete debug log of when you try to access the manual download section and trying to open the artist 120 days would be helpful.

It was probably just a bit slow. It works now.

But does this scrips use artist pictures too? or is it just for the albums? what should i use for the artists?

- giftie - 2012-02-20

U5tabil Wrote:It was probably just a bit slow. It works now.

But does this scrips use artist pictures too? or is it just for the albums? what should i use for the artists?

Artist images are handled by the Music Scrapers(part of XBMC)

- kamaradski - 2012-02-24

Just installed the script, since music art-work is a big lack in XBMC at the moment IMHO, and i'm already impressed by the options and possibilities this script is offering Smile So TRHANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HARD WORK !!!

Now 2 questions.

1:
The script is now building it's initial addon database. I have a small part of my collection in my music library around 1000 cd's. This is stored on a NAS system in my LAN.

So far the script only scanned and identified around 50 cd's in the last hour. Does that mean it will need 20 hours to build it's database? and does it need to re-scan every time i want it to update ??

2:
In the settings i at "library location" i pointed the script to a folder only containing 5 cd's, so i could quickly test without waiting for the complete database to build. However the script seems to ignore this location and still build its database according to the library as loaded into xbmc ??

Cheers,
kamaradski

- giftie - 2012-02-25

kamaradski Wrote:Just installed the script, since music art-work is a big lack in XBMC at the moment IMHO, and i'm already impressed by the options and possibilities this script is offering Smile So TRHANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HARD WORK !!!

Now 2 questions.

1:
The script is now building it's initial addon database. I have a small part of my collection in my music library around 1000 cd's. This is stored on a NAS system in my LAN.

So far the script only scanned and identified around 50 cd's in the last hour. Does that mean it will need 20 hours to build it's database? and does it need to re-scan every time i want it to update ??
It is probably a problem with MusicBrainz scraping, they started blocking all programs that use the Python Library(its limited to 50 calls per minute, but I think there are a lot of program that use the same library as cdART Manager.) I have change this for the next release(hope to get it out soon)
Quote:2:
In the settings i at "library location" i pointed the script to a folder only containing 5 cd's, so i could quickly test without waiting for the complete database to build. However the script seems to ignore this location and still build its database according to the library as loaded into xbmc ??

Cheers,
kamaradski
The Library location is for saving the artwork files(Fanart, Logos) not rally used for the database building.

- distracto - 2012-02-25

giftie Wrote:IThe Library location is for saving the artwork files(Fanart, Logos) not rally used for the database building.
this really needs to be reworded...to me, the word library is associated with the actual media files, not the images downloaded through your addon. perhaps it could say "location for downloaded images" or something similar. every time i have to set this up i forget that it isn't the actual music library, but just a place to dump images.