Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-04-14

(2012-04-14, 23:30)giftie Wrote: You need the path set in the script's settings, since the script does not know where your artist path is.

I don't understand where it is? In my theme settings?

I have nomwhere to set my path Music Library in the CDart Manager...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - iLurk - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-14, 23:40)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 23:30)giftie Wrote: You need the path set in the script's settings, since the script does not know where your artist path is.

Open up cdART Manager and it should start up in "Settings". Under "Files and Folders" there's an option to set your Music Library path

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 03:05)iLurk Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 23:40)Hellnino18 Wrote:

Open up cdART Manager and it should start up in "Settings". Under "Files and Folders" there's an option to set your Music Library path

Yeah I see it in the first page of this thread, but I haven't. Only for the backup cdard. I have the version 2.5.1?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-04-15

The path to Music library needs to be set for clearLogos and extrafanarts. It should be the option above the cdART Backup folder.

(2012-04-15, 09:34)giftie Wrote: The path to Music library needs to be set for clearLogos and extrafanarts. It should be the option above the cdART Backup folder.

Why it's not like for cdart and it save each clearLogos in each folder of artist?

Giftie, I have nowhere to put this information? It's not possible in version 2.5.1?

This is what I see in settings : Image

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-04-15

Quote:Why it's not like for cdart and it save each clearLogos in each folder of artist?
Because some people like to keep their music folders clean (no logo.png or extrafanart folders) in the same folder as the music. It doesn't matter where you specify the folder, as long as it exists and is writable. I run a subsonic server too for remote access, and don't want these folders / images showing up for in subsonic, so i set the "cdart library folder" as a folder on the local xbmc machine, whereas the music is located on a remote server share on the network. Subsonic won't display JPG images in it's file listings, whereas it will display folders and PNG images, so having the option for a seperate folder is ideal for me.

(2012-04-15, 11:34)gibxxi Wrote:
Quote:Why it's not like for cdart and it save each clearLogos in each folder of artist?
Because some people like to keep their music folders clean (no logo.png or extrafanart folders) in the same folder as the music. It doesn't matter where you specify the folder, as long as it exists and is writable. I run a subsonic server too for remote access, and don't want these folders / images showing up for in subsonic, so i set the "cdart library folder" as a folder on the local xbmc machine, whereas the music is located on a remote server share on the network. Subsonic won't display JPG images in it's file listings, whereas it will display folders and PNG images, so having the option for a seperate folder is ideal for me.

Hi gibxxi, thank for your response. Is it possible to save the cdart.png only in this folder too?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 12:19)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi gibxxi, thank for your response. Is it possible to save the cdart.png only in this folder too?

It is possible but not one skin will use that

I'm pretty sure that the cdart.png is always saved in the album folder, and acts much like the folder.jpg to XBMC. And that this will be the case irrespective of specifying a "cdART library Folder". I can see the logic in this. After all, the cdart.png is unique to that album, whereas the clear-logos and extrafanart folders apply to the artist, and not the album. Having the cdart.png in the folder with the music doesn't cause much clutter in my music directory, so i'm ok with this.

I set my "library" path for cdART manager to a folder underneath my XBMC userdata folder. The primary reason for this location was to minimise the number of remote control clicks I would need to press to get to the folder (home folder -> userdata -> cdART library folder) within XBMC with a standard MCE remote control.
I notice that your using nfs protocol on your system. Be sure that your system has write access to those shares (if you wish to store all art with your music) otherwise the plugin may not be able to write to the folders & may crash. I experimented with nfs on my ReadyNAS, but decided that CIFS was easier to administer and the gain in speed by using nfs for me wasn't noticeable, but then again I never had any speed issues with CIFS/SMB to begin with, unlike others, and I AM using wireless (albeit Wireless-N-150).

Ok I understand... Thanks for the response, so which version of cdart manager do you use? I don't understand why haven't this path...

I installed from the XBMC repository, so I assume I have the latest available version. My XBMC isn't running right now so I can't check quickly, if the latest is 2.5.1, then that's most likely what i'm using.

You could try uninstalling the add-on, and removing the add-on from the add-ons folder under the userdata folder, and the corresponding "add-ons data" folder and attempt a re-install and see if that fixes your issue.

(2012-04-15, 12:48)gibxxi Wrote: I installed from the XBMC repository, so I assume I have the latest available version. My XBMC isn't running right now so I can't check quickly, if the latest is 2.5.1, then that's most likely what i'm using.

You could try uninstalling the add-on, and removing the add-on from the add-ons folder under the userdata folder, and the corresponding "add-ons data" folder and attempt a re-install and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks for your response gibxxi, I have try your tip, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. I don't have the possibility to put my path to music library...

Giftie, if you could help please... Here my full log after reinstall of the cdart Manager : http://pastebin.com/JRx2xx2S

I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. I'm in Windows, is there a problem with it?

(2012-04-15, 15:15)Hellnino18 Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 12:48)gibxxi Wrote: I installed from the XBMC repository, so I assume I have the latest available version. My XBMC isn't running right now so I can't check quickly, if the latest is 2.5.1, then that's most likely what i'm using.

Thanks for your response gibxxi, I have try your tip, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. I don't have the possibility to put my path to music library...

Giftie, if you could help please... Here my full log after reinstall of the cdart Manager : http://pastebin.com/JRx2xx2S

I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. I'm in Windows, is there a problem with it?

My Bad... I put XBMC in English and the "recherche CDART" was the translate of "Path to the Music Library"... Not the same ^_^

I'm refreshing my library and I will see. (I have set a new folder for the music library with the writeable rights).

Sorry for all of this mess...

Indeed, it was the problem. I put the path to a music library with writeable rights, and everything goes right. Thanks for everyone who help and if you want a change on the french translate, tell me Smile