Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

- joebrady - 2010-08-23

upload them to xbmcstuff!

- paco - 2010-08-23

joebrady Wrote:upload them to xbmcstuff!

How? I created an account on their website and forum (my usual nick 'jeneral') but I can't see where to submit files. I'm sure a bunch of these files can save some people a lot of time.

- joebrady - 2010-08-23

Make sure you're logged onto the website. Click CdArts at the top, and then Artists in the drop down menu.

For Artists/bands not listed yet:

At the first page, a box in the middle of the page will say, "If you think that a show is missing and should be added,you can fill a form to create it yourself.
New artist (Name of band/artist)
Site officiel (website for the band/artist)
Click here

Or click on a letter for the band/artist you want, then there should be an option to upload your images.

Note: If you just registered, it my take a little while to get the proper permissions from Imaginos to upload.

- paco - 2010-08-23

joebrady Wrote:At the first page, a box in the middle of the page will say, "If you think that a show is missing and should be added,you can fill a form to create it yourself.
New artist (Name of band/artist)
Site officiel (website for the band/artist)
Click here

Yeah, I don't get the box in the middle. I signed up to the website on Aug. 20. How does one request permission? My username is jeneral not Paco. I'm going to make a few more cdart's tonight so I'm sure I'll be close to a 100 soon.

- joebrady - 2010-08-24

Imaginos has to approve new members, I sent him a pm.

- giftie - 2010-08-24

Paco, does XBMC pick up how you have your music named? The script uses the Music database to retrieve file path names. Usually if XBMC finds it and stores it in the Music Library, the script should be able to compare it to those on XBMCSTUFF.com.

Can you give me some examples of you music naming for me to look at what might need to be done.

Thanks..

- paco - 2010-08-24

giftie Wrote:Paco, does XBMC pick up how you have your music named? The script uses the Music database to retrieve file path names. Usually if XBMC finds it and stores it in the Music Library, the script should be able to compare it to those on XBMCSTUFF.com.

Can you give me some examples of you music naming for me to look at what might need to be done.

Thanks..

My library is 100% complete. I have spent hours making it just right. I use Last.fm, Wikipedia and original albums for resolving naming issues. In fact, I spend way too much time on my library. Heck, I even create NFO's for obscure albums and artists!

The Beatles only retrieved Past Masters even though I have every album correctly tagged. When I browsed XBMCStuff, I noticed all the Beatles albums were there but they all are named 'Revolver (2009 Stereo Remaster)', 'Rubber Soul (2009 Stereo Remaster)', etc... My albums are named 'Revolver', 'Rubber Soul', etc...

The Offspring Greatest Hits failed because it is posted as 'Greatest Hits (2005)' instead of 'Greatest Hits'.

Queen suffers from the same issue: '1986 A kind of magic', 'A Day At The Races (1976)', 'The Game (1980)'.

I don't know why the original posters are including the year in the album name unless there are multiple versions. Maybe the website should allow for some extra search/submission fields (year, release type, etc...).

There are few typos as well (Dream Theater is spelled Dream Theatre). Some others I can't remember right now.

Elton John is posted as 'The Greatest Hits 1970-2002 CD 1' & 'The Greatest Hits 1970-2002 CD 2'. My album is tagged 'Greatest Hits 1970-2002' (which according to the cover is the proper name). I use the ID3 field Discnumber to handle the two discs of the album. Multi-CD albums are a problem for people like me that don't tag albums (CD1, CD2) in the album name. I don't believe the disc number should be part of the Album name - it makes a double-disc release look like 2 separate albums.

- joebrady - 2010-08-24

I saw a lot of new albums on there with years attached to the album names and wondered if that was going to cause problems. Seems that it has...Oo

- giftie - 2010-08-24

Just found out why. I missed a test in the automatic download. If you use the Search Artist method of manually downloading the cdART, it will match the album titles on XBMCSTUFF.com that contain something in () with local that does not, only if the '(' is preceded by a space(ie Greatest Hits (2005) is matched to Greatest Hits)

I think I have it fixed for the Automatic Download, testing it out right now..

Ok...

That seems to have it now...

Submitted version 1.0.4 to repo Should be up soon...

- giftie - 2010-08-24

Also regarding naming of Album names.... I don't want to start a war..

I personally have my music separated by Artist/Album, except when there are multiple discs. Then it is separated by Artist/Album/Disc 1, Artist/Album/Disc 2. I guess this is because I have been around many commercial media servers.

Since cdART uses a single cdart.png per 'album', to have cdART for multi-disc albums, they need to be separated into separate folders(as above).

- joebrady - 2010-08-24

what about artists with "The" in the beginning? Sometimes people include it, sometimes they don't....

- giftie - 2010-08-24

The distant Album name gets tested a couple of times against the local album name, 'The' is one of the first to removed during the tests.. It is very difficult when there are so many variations, I'll try to 'stomp' the problems out when they come up..

- mad-max - 2010-08-24

@ giftie:

I would like to contribute a german translation, if you like to...Nerd

Just tell me, where to put the strings.xml

cheers,
mad-max

- zombiepig - 2010-08-25

giftie Wrote:If you don't build your own from SVN or not going to compile one for a while:

Linux files - should be able to install via 'Install from Zip File'
64bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?14dbqsr3nnpyn70
32bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?gaz7zwntror21gr

Thanks for this file - I'm wondering, could you also upload the module.pil addon? I'm using xbmc from the daily ppa and it doesn't appear to build that addon automatically.

- giftie - 2010-08-26

Which version do you need?? I can get you the 32bit version only.