Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-05-27

Yes you will need to Update the Addon's database and you will need to set your music path in both the script and the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Tommy2012 - 2012-05-28

Hi Giftie

Hope you are well and can help me again Confused.

Please see below bug report:

http://pastebin.com/Rz7z0P6U

I cant get cdart to backup to backup folder. Not on Windows or my Mac?

Update: Went back to 2.5.1 and works again. If I look at the bug report it seems to block the backup to continue because of files names not allowing it..

Plus Big Grin

I have a problem, I have tried to reinstall many times from scratch, yet no luck. After scraping all info etc, there is about four artist that I can't get the logo.png to show. It has always worked, yet now it just don't wanna show in Aeon MQ3. Can't be MQ3 as it worked before but must be when it scrapes/gathers all the info. Is there a way I can manually insert the logo.png from that artist into a data file to force it?

Update: This problem seemed to work itself out again so all fine on this one

Hope you can assist Big Grin

Rgds
Manuel

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Stildawn - 2012-05-28

(2012-05-27, 04:52)giftie Wrote: Yes you will need to Update the Addon's database and you will need to set your music path in both the script and the skin.

Thanks Giftie, after much downloading and doing what you told me to haha its working much better now.

Now the majority of my albums etc are showing up fine its only the really odd music that doesnt, I'm planning on doing this manually and uploading to Fanart.tv to support them.

But.. I have run into another annoying as hell problem lol I hope you can help but it might not be your exact expertise (as I doubt its to do with Cdart Manager):

So with everything scanned into XBMC and CDart Manager etc for some reason all the "feature" tracks, all the "all xyz artist" tracks etc have been made into their own "artists" in the artists view. Here Ill show you:

This is a screen shot of my music collection in artists view. Everything is fine, except that the first seven artists thumbnails you see along the bottom is just one track on one of my wifes Beyonce CD's. It has made an "Artist" for every "Beyonce feat xyz" song on all her albums (my wife has them all I believe)

And Beyonce isnt the only one, there are literally a good hundred extra artists cause of the "featuring" thing.

I also have a few compliation albums, and instead of all the albums being listed under "Various Artists" like they are in my folder structure (which was done automatically by MusicBrainz), now like above each single artist has their own artist thumbnail. I have I think four compliation albums, so thats a good 40 to 50 extra unneeded artists right there.

Also ACDC is all messed up. It keeps putting it in there twice, there are two artist thumbnails one called "AC/DC" and one called "ACDC". Now in MusicBrainz I specifically renamed all my AC/DC as ACDC cause you can't use "/" in folder names so I knew it wouldnt work with AC/DC. But even after spending a good few hours manually changing "AC/DC" to "ACDC" in MusicBrainz for each track, its still doing this double up. Inside each of the Artist Thumbs is the complete album list, so its literally twice.

I know this probably isnt CDart Managers thing, but you seem to know what your doing, so any help would be greatly appreciated, or perhaps you could point me in the right direction for help?

Thanks a bunch though for earlier, its working ALOT better now all thanks to you.

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-05-29

(2012-05-28, 09:24)Stildawn Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 04:52)giftie Wrote: Yes you will need to Update the Addon's database and you will need to set your music path in both the script and the skin.

Thanks Giftie, after much downloading and doing what you told me to haha its working much better now.

Now the majority of my albums etc are showing up fine its only the really odd music that doesnt, I'm planning on doing this manually and uploading to Fanart.tv to support them.

But.. I have run into another annoying as hell problem lol I hope you can help but it might not be your exact expertise (as I doubt its to do with Cdart Manager):

So with everything scanned into XBMC and CDart Manager etc for some reason all the "feature" tracks, all the "all xyz artist" tracks etc have been made into their own "artists" in the artists view. Here Ill show you:

This is a screen shot of my music collection in artists view. Everything is fine, except that the first seven artists thumbnails you see along the bottom is just one track on one of my wifes Beyonce CD's. It has made an "Artist" for every "Beyonce feat xyz" song on all her albums (my wife has them all I believe)

And Beyonce isnt the only one, there are literally a good hundred extra artists cause of the "featuring" thing.

I also have a few compliation albums, and instead of all the albums being listed under "Various Artists" like they are in my folder structure (which was done automatically by MusicBrainz), now like above each single artist has their own artist thumbnail. I have I think four compliation albums, so thats a good 40 to 50 extra unneeded artists right there.

This is something that XBMC's music scraper is doing, cdART Manager would normally download the main artist, Beyoncé in this case. You can disable this in XBMC's settings(Settings -> Music -> Library -> Include artists who appear only on Compilations) this will reduce your listing to the Album artists(which would include Various Artists instead of the individual artist.) This hides the excess, it won't get rid of them since they are part of the song tracks. You will also have to exit your music library then re-enter the music library for the skin to properly refresh.

Quote:Also ACDC is all messed up. It keeps putting it in there twice, there are two artist thumbnails one called "AC/DC" and one called "ACDC". Now in MusicBrainz I specifically renamed all my AC/DC as ACDC cause you can't use "/" in folder names so I knew it wouldnt work with AC/DC. But even after spending a good few hours manually changing "AC/DC" to "ACDC" in MusicBrainz for each track, its still doing this double up. Inside each of the Artist Thumbs is the complete album list, so its literally twice.

I know this probably isnt CDart Managers thing, but you seem to know what your doing, so any help would be greatly appreciated, or perhaps you could point me in the right direction for help?

Thanks a bunch though for earlier, its working ALOT better now all thanks to you.

Cheers

AC/DC is one of the special ones.. Though you have Tagged it as ACDC, when you scanned your library, XBMC matches it properly to AC/DC(for any that it finds). So if XBMC does not match the album to AC/DC, it will go by the stored tag(which will be ACDC in your case) MusicBrainz(which is what cdART Manager uses to get ID's) matches ACDC to AC/DC(hence why both will appear on the artist list) but when it come to saving, it will save also to both since XBMC reports it as a different artist.

The hardest part regarding this extra artwork(which is supported by skins, but not XBMC directly) there is no definitive path for artists. This is because people store thier music in many different ways and XBMC tries to cover all methods(multiple paths, different folder layouts, etc.) Most skins and cdART Manager requests a 'Path to Music Library' which is a little misleading. You can set this to be an artwork folder(completely separate to your library) this way your music library will be clean(only containing cdart.png, folder.jpg for each album)

(2012-05-28, 05:45)Tommy2012 Wrote: Hi Giftie

Update: Went back to 2.5.1 and works again. If I look at the bug report it seems to block the backup to continue because of files names not allowing it..

The back up/restoring will be fixed in the next/official release.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Stildawn - 2012-05-29

Quote:This is something that XBMC's music scraper is doing, cdART Manager would normally download the main artist, Beyoncé in this case. You can disable this in XBMC's settings(Settings -> Music -> Library -> Include artists who appear only on Compilations) this will reduce your listing to the Album artists(which would include Various Artists instead of the individual artist.) This hides the excess, it won't get rid of them since they are part of the song tracks. You will also have to exit your music library then re-enter the music library for the skin to properly refresh.

Oh haha, yeah just tried this and it worked a treat stupid me lol.

Quote:AC/DC is one of the special ones.. Though you have Tagged it as ACDC, when you scanned your library, XBMC matches it properly to AC/DC(for any that it finds). So if XBMC does not match the album to AC/DC, it will go by the stored tag(which will be ACDC in your case) MusicBrainz(which is what cdART Manager uses to get ID's) matches ACDC to AC/DC(hence why both will appear on the artist list) but when it come to saving, it will save also to both since XBMC reports it as a different artist.

The hardest part regarding this extra artwork(which is supported by skins, but not XBMC directly) there is no definitive path for artists. This is because people store thier music in many different ways and XBMC tries to cover all methods(multiple paths, different folder layouts, etc.) Most skins and cdART Manager requests a 'Path to Music Library' which is a little misleading. You can set this to be an artwork folder(completely separate to your library) this way your music library will be clean(only containing cdart.png, folder.jpg for each album)

Ah ok, I was messing around and I noticed in "My Music" folder (where naturally all my music is stored) it looks like XBMC tried to make a new ACDC folder under "AC/DC" which as I said above what its done is made a new folder called "AC" and in that folder is another folder called "DC" which is exactly what the "/" symbol does in windows. Which is completely messed up.

I noticed that in this AC > DC folder there was the fan art etc (which wasn't in my "ACDC" folder which contains all the albums and mp3's), so I copied the fan art from that into the proper "ACDC" folder.

And well I don't know what happened but now in XBMC under Artists it only shows "AC/DC" as an artist, the double up "ACDC" is now gone. However it still doesn't show the fan art background nor the artist thumbnail (which is what I manually copied into the proper ACDC folder) in XBMC.

So one problem solved, but another popped up. Its odd cause it shows all the album art for the ACDC albums.

EDIT: I just read this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56595&highlight=ac%2Fdc
So this path XBMC has created "//My Music/AC/DC/" is a work around, so if I go back into MusicBrainz Picard, and retag all my ACDC albums using the correct AC/DC artist name (which is also used by XBMC) and then save all the albums into the "My Music/AC/DC" path it might workHuh

On to the next step. I've naturally got a whole bunch of albums and artists with no art (mainly my weird stuff lol). So I want to go down the route of making my own art for it as I'm reasonably good at Photoshop etc.

So if I use the rules of Fanart.tv for each of the different arts, how do I save the art in my music folders to get it to work? Do I simply name them the same as the others one that were automatically downloaded by CDart Manager? Or do I need to do something different? Will I need to do anything in XBMC to make it see the new art I've created?

I'll be sure to submit the art to Fanart.tv for everyone else as well.

(2012-05-29, 03:16)Stildawn Wrote:
Quote:This is something that XBMC's music scraper is doing, cdART Manager would normally download the main artist, Beyoncé in this case. You can disable this in XBMC's settings(Settings -> Music -> Library -> Include artists who appear only on Compilations) this will reduce your listing to the Album artists(which would include Various Artists instead of the individual artist.) This hides the excess, it won't get rid of them since they are part of the song tracks. You will also have to exit your music library then re-enter the music library for the skin to properly refresh.

Oh haha, yeah just tried this and it worked a treat stupid me lol.

Quote:AC/DC is one of the special ones.. Though you have Tagged it as ACDC, when you scanned your library, XBMC matches it properly to AC/DC(for any that it finds). So if XBMC does not match the album to AC/DC, it will go by the stored tag(which will be ACDC in your case) MusicBrainz(which is what cdART Manager uses to get ID's) matches ACDC to AC/DC(hence why both will appear on the artist list) but when it come to saving, it will save also to both since XBMC reports it as a different artist.

Ah ok, I was messing around and I noticed in "My Music" folder (where naturally all my music is stored) it looks like XBMC tried to make a new ACDC folder under "AC/DC" which as I said above what its done is made a new folder called "AC" and in that folder is another folder called "DC" which is exactly what the "/" symbol does in windows. Which is completely messed up.

I noticed that in this AC > DC folder there was the fan art etc (which wasn't in my "ACDC" folder which contains all the albums and mp3's), so I copied the fan art from that into the proper "ACDC" folder.

And well I don't know what happened but now in XBMC under Artists it only shows "AC/DC" as an artist, the double up "ACDC" is now gone. However it still doesn't show the fan art background nor the artist thumbnail (which is what I manually copied into the proper ACDC folder) in XBMC.

So one problem solved, but another popped up. Its odd cause it shows all the album art for the ACDC albums.

EDIT: I just read this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56595&highlight=ac%2Fdc
So this path XBMC has created "//My Music/AC/DC/" is a work around, so if I go back into MusicBrainz Picard, and retag all my ACDC albums using the correct AC/DC artist name (which is also used by XBMC) and then save all the albums into the "My Music/AC/DC" path it might workHuh

That would take are of this issue.. If you do this, you will have to update both XBMC's Library and cdART Managers. This will allow both have the updated info.

Quote:On to the next step. I've naturally got a whole bunch of albums and artists with no art (mainly my weird stuff lol). So I want to go down the route of making my own art for it as I'm reasonably good at Photoshop etc.

So if I use the rules of Fanart.tv for each of the different arts, how do I save the art in my music folders to get it to work? Do I simply name them the same as the others one that were automatically downloaded by CDart Manager? Or do I need to do something different? Will I need to do anything in XBMC to make it see the new art I've created?

I'll be sure to submit the art to Fanart.tv for everyone else as well.

filenames and locations
cdart.png -> album folder level
folder.jpg -> album folder level
artist.jpg -> artist folder level
fanart.jpg -> artist folder level

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Stildawn - 2012-05-29

Quote:filenames and locations

Cool and I guess I just need to update the libraries (both XBMC and CDart Managers) to get them to show?

Thanks for all your help, is there a rep system on these forums?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Tommy2012 - 2012-05-29

(2012-05-29, 03:13)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 05:45)Tommy2012 Wrote: Hi Giftie

The back up/restoring will be fixed in the next/official release.

Thanks Giftie

Much appreciated Big Grin

Rgds
Manuel

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Stildawn - 2012-05-30

I did all the arts and named them and put them in the right places. Most came up in XBMC automatically which is great.

For those that didn't I noticed that if you right click the blank thumb it brings up a menu, one of which is "Artist Information" and in here you can browse to the art files. This is great, so I manually assigned those that didn't show up automatically.

However I've run into two odd problems.

For the Artists "Sublime" & "Mr. Big" which show no artist thumb and no fan art (even though I created them, named and placed them correctly). When I click on "Artist Information" it says "Search for Artist" then after awhile it comes up with an on screen keyboard. And no matter what I put in it never works, so I can't get to the part to assign them their art manually?

Whats going on? These are literally the last two before I'm completely finished.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also just noticed that the cdart for the Mr. Big albums which I manually added from fanart.tv are not working, its just the default cd spinning. How do you manually set cdart?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - matt77303 - 2012-05-30

Just started to use xbmc cron to auotmate some of my xbmc related tasks, the farnart downloader for movies has a setting to allow it to run in the background without any intervention from me. Is that possible with this script?

so it just runs in the background and downloads cdart, fantart etc if it finds them?

Thanks

Matt

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-30, 19:14)matt77303 Wrote: Just started to use xbmc cron to auotmate some of my xbmc related tasks, the farnart downloader for movies has a setting to allow it to run in the background without any intervention from me. Is that possible with this script?

so it just runs in the background and downloads cdart, fantart etc if it finds them?

Thanks

Matt

No.

Maybe in the future. Don't expect anything soon

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-30, 09:57)Stildawn Wrote:

I did all the arts and named them and put them in the right places. Most came up in XBMC automatically which is great.

For those that didn't I noticed that if you right click the blank thumb it brings up a menu, one of which is "Artist Information" and in here you can browse to the art files. This is great, so I manually assigned those that didn't show up automatically.

However I've run into two odd problems.

For the Artists "Sublime" & "Mr. Big" which show no artist thumb and no fan art (even though I created them, named and placed them correctly). When I click on "Artist Information" it says "Search for Artist" then after awhile it comes up with an on screen keyboard. And no matter what I put in it never works, so I can't get to the part to assign them their art manually?

Whats going on? These are literally the last two before I'm completely finished.

Thanks in advance.
That seems like a music scraper issue, since it's asking for user entry. Try changing your music scraper for Artist info and try to manually refresh those two.

Quote:EDIT: I also just noticed that the cdart for the Mr. Big albums which I manually added from fanart.tv are not working, its just the default cd spinning. How do you manually set cdart?

make sure that the cdArts are in the track level of the album and labeled as 'cdart.png' all lower case.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - matt77303 - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-30, 19:14)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 19:14)matt77303 Wrote: Just started to use xbmc cron to auotmate some of my xbmc related tasks, the farnart downloader for movies has a setting to allow it to run in the background without any intervention from me. Is that possible with this script?

Thanks

Matt

No.

Maybe in the future. Don't expect anything soon

OK, shame, thanks anyway.

Matt

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-05-30

For some reason, this script fails to download any cdarts for me now.
I know that it was working just fine, but now that I've reinstalled everything it tells me "0 Artwork Downloaded" after I attempt to download anything. I try artists that I know there is artwork on fanart.tv, and it tells me that there is nothing on fanart.tv.

Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong here please? I've tried rebuilding the database several times, but still not working.