Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - phil65 - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-14, 07:22)giftie Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 07:12)shanndogg Wrote: Gotcha, no problem, just wanted to make sure as it was able to put the cdart and folder.jpeg's in the right place, just not all the other stuff. Thanks for the confirmation, looks like I am off to reorganize my music folders.

The best method for you to use(and I personally use this method) is to set the 'Path to music library' to an artwork path, ie for your music, Music\Artwork Then point skins and the script to this path. This will keep you music path clean of the fanarts, extrafanarts, clearlogos, artist thumbs and allow most skins(that use these files) to have proper access.

Album paths are fairly easy to figure out, Artist paths not so much... Smile

cdart.png and folder.jpg(album cover) should always end up in the right place.

didn´t look at the code, but randomandlastitemsscript makes artistpath available to skinners for custom playlist albums. don´t know how he does that / how reliable it works, but perhaps someting you can incorporate?
thx for the add-on btw, great stuff.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-14

(2012-06-14, 17:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 07:22)giftie Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 07:12)shanndogg Wrote: Gotcha, no problem, just wanted to make sure as it was able to put the cdart and folder.jpeg's in the right place, just not all the other stuff. Thanks for the confirmation, looks like I am off to reorganize my music folders.

The best method for you to use(and I personally use this method) is to set the 'Path to music library' to an artwork path, ie for your music, Music\Artwork Then point skins and the script to this path. This will keep you music path clean of the fanarts, extrafanarts, clearlogos, artist thumbs and allow most skins(that use these files) to have proper access.

didn´t look at the code, but randomandlastitemsscript makes artistpath available to skinners for custom playlist albums. don´t know how he does that / how reliable it works, but perhaps someting you can incorporate?

The randomandlastitems script makes the assumption that the Artist path is the parent folder of the track folder. It will fail on my system on a few albums(my multi disc albums).
For Example:
for music in this form the method works.
Code:
/music/artist/album/track.mp3

The artist folder is the parent to the folder that holds the tracks.

The method I use for my music(to allow cdarts for each of my multi disc albums) the method fails:
Code:
/music/artist/album/cd1/track.mp3
The parent folder of the track folder is not the artist folder, but the primary album folder.

I use the method most skins use to get the clearLogos which is use a path supplied by the user, then add the artist name to it. This method also has its own faults(ie AC/DC and artist names with special characters (*,?, /, \....))

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - phil65 - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-14, 19:05)giftie Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 17:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 07:22)giftie Wrote: The best method for you to use(and I personally use this method) is to set the 'Path to music library' to an artwork path, ie for your music, Music\Artwork Then point skins and the script to this path. This will keep you music path clean of the fanarts, extrafanarts, clearlogos, artist thumbs and allow most skins(that use these files) to have proper access.

The randomandlastitems script makes the assumption that the Artist path is the parent folder of the track folder. It will fail on my system on a few albums(my multi disc albums).
For Example:
for music in this form the method works.
Code:
/music/artist/album/track.mp3

The artist folder is the parent to the folder that holds the tracks.

The method I use for my music(to allow cdarts for each of my multi disc albums) the method fails:
Code:
/music/artist/album/cd1/track.mp3
The parent folder of the track folder is not the artist folder, but the primary album folder.

I use the method most skins use to get the clearLogos which is use a path supplied by the user, then add the artist name to it. This method also has its own faults(ie AC/DC and artist names with special characters (*,?, /, \....))

yep, i know, i´m implementing all the nice stuff your add-on offers Wink
already thaught that the script only uses a workaround. too bad.
does this mean that downloading extra music media will never be dealt with in the same way as video media? (--> artwork downloader) if i get it right it would require a stricter organization of mp3´s from the user to make it possible at all. or will all this extra stuff end up in the database perhaps one day?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-06-16

Hey, I will try to make a bash script to use on a Linux server to see what album arts are missing (cdart.png and folder.jpeg) and produce a text file with the result. When it will finish, I will post here to help people to find what album are missing, to try to find them and post in fanart.tv.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 14:07)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hey, I will try to make a bash script to use on a Linux server to see what album arts are missing (cdart.png and folder.jpeg) and produce a text file with the result. When it will finish, I will post here to help people to find what album are missing, to try to find them and post in fanart.tv.

Perhaps something that can be incorporated into cdart manager?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-16

cdART Manager already tracks missing cdarts and cover arts. At the moment it only saves a file(missing.txt found in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder) that has the cdARTs listed. It would only take a couple of lines to add cover arts. A few more lines then it would be able to list undersized files too(though this would slow it down a bit)...

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-06-16

well i don't think any one will notice that minor slowdown Smile
Perhaps copy that file in the root folder of the download location.
Would be great to also have artist thumbs and fanart. Just in case there isn't any. Then you known you should at least search for one and upload it.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - filthycatbox - 2012-06-16

I'm just having an issue now with actually displaying the images in library mode.
It seems to read the thumbs from a different location in this mode. I assumed that the unique cdart folder would be the only folder where it reads the thumbs from.
Is there any way in which to have the library mode read the thumbs only from the music folder itself? I have all the relevant thumbs inside their own folders inside the music foldercurrently, but cannot figure out how to display from this now.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-16, 15:44)giftie Wrote: cdART Manager already tracks missing cdarts and cover arts. At the moment it only saves a file(missing.txt found in the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder) that has the cdARTs listed. It would only take a couple of lines to add cover arts. A few more lines then it would be able to list undersized files too(though this would slow it down a bit)...

OK giftie, so It's not necessary that I try this script, if you have already made. Like said by Martjin, it would be great if it was possible to have a file for cdart, folder.jpg and thumb of the artist.

Thanks again for your great work.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - shanndogg - 2012-06-17

What is the proper method for updating when you add new music, or make some adjustments to your existing music?

Here is the problem I ran into: I added some new music and also renamed and merged some folders. When I did the Automatic Download to fill in the Fanart, logos, etc. it re-created the missing folders that I previously deleted and filled them with the metadata.

There are so many different "update" areas, I don't know which are necessary and in what order (ie. XBMC Music "update," cdArt Advanced XBMC clean/update Music database, Local database- refresh Addon or update database).

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-06-17

Anything that concerns the script's database is accessed from Advanced -> Modify Local Database, the Clean/Update XBMC's music database is there to give you a short cut to update the music library on XBMC.

The proper proceedure is to Update then Clean XBMC's database(you can have XBMC clean automatically after a library update, check XBMC's WiKi). Once that is finished, go into Advanced -> Modify Local Database -> Update Database. The script will compare what XBMC sends back with what is in the database, keep what matches then updates what does not.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kees667 - 2012-06-17

Are there any generic disc images to use for albums without disc art?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-06-17

Hi giftie,

Another question, your script download cdart that have been marked in "Replace" status. Is it possible to make the difference between a cdart marked in "Replace mode" and another? Because if it has been marked like that, this is because there is a problem on the image?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 10:01)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi giftie,

Another question, your script download cdart that have been marked in "Replace" status. Is it possible to make the difference between a cdart marked in "Replace mode" and another? Because if it has been marked like that, this is because there is a problem on the image?

Thanks.

No not in general. If a disc has been marked replace it usually means that it is only 450x450.
The option to replace those small discs with a 1000x1000 on already exists.
If it has been arked for another reason the script cannot know that

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-17, 10:24)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-17, 10:01)Hellnino18 Wrote: Hi giftie,

Thanks.

No not in general. If a disc has been marked replace it usually means that it is only 450x450.
The option to replace those small discs with a 1000x1000 on already exists.
If it has been arked for another reason the script cannot know that

Ok ok my bad. So thanks for your response Martjin.