Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2012-09-27

Top Notch Giftie, fixed all the issues I was having, really impressive! Smile

A few bugs to report.
- When replace illegal characters is enabled, anything with a period at the end (fun., R.E.M., Notorious B.I.G.) created a new folder with an underscore at the end where there was already one without it. Not sure how XBMC will go picking up the one with the underscore, as it was fine with the one without it.
- When manually selecting an HD ClearLogo it appears to download OK, but sits at 100%. Only way to move was to close XBMC altogether. Not a huge issue, as I've only ever had to add a clearlogo once as it didn't grab automatically for some reason.
- When adding Weezer self titled albums (all named Weezer with (Green, Blue, Red Album) in description, it only returns the one album three times. Attempting to add manually prompts over and over for the artist MBID (which I know I added correctly, as I tried over 6 times).
- Everything hates Beyonce since it's listed as Beyonce Knowles at MB. I've tried putting it every which way and it gets upset at me (including Beyonce Knowles). I think that one's just a matter of waiting for Frodo to deal with MBIDs, as they are stored in the ID3 tag care of MusicBrainz Picard. Or maybe I'll just tell the Wife she can't have it in there Wink

All in all, great effort and am so happy it's all working and updating my music again Smile

EDIT: Oh Yeah... I'm assuming it's my brain that's the issue here, but I couldn't see any of the settings re The Scheduler. Not in the interface and not in the settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail...

Much appreciated!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-27

(2012-09-27, 13:14)slandells Wrote: Top Notch Giftie, fixed all the issues I was having, really impressive! Smile

A few bugs to report.
- When replace illegal characters is enabled, anything with a period at the end (fun., R.E.M., Notorious B.I.G.) created a new folder with an underscore at the end where there was already one without it. Not sure how XBMC will go picking up the one with the underscore, as it was fine with the one without it.
I used the same method that MusicBrinz Picard does. I'll put in an option to disable.
Quote:- When manually selecting an HD ClearLogo it appears to download OK, but sits at 100%. Only way to move was to close XBMC altogether. Not a huge issue, as I've only ever had to add a clearlogo once as it didn't grab automatically for some reason.
I'll check that out
Quote:- When adding Weezer self titled albums (all named Weezer with (Green, Blue, Red Album) in description, it only returns the one album three times. Attempting to add manually prompts over and over for the artist MBID (which I know I added correctly, as I tried over 6 times).
I remember that album being a problem before. I'll check it out as well
Quote:- Everything hates Beyonce since it's listed as Beyonce Knowles at MB. I've tried putting it every which way and it gets upset at me (including Beyonce Knowles). I think that one's just a matter of waiting for Frodo to deal with MBIDs, as they are stored in the ID3 tag care of MusicBrainz Picard. Or maybe I'll just tell the Wife she can't have it in there Wink
If you check fanart.tv you will see it has the old MBID for Beyonce. The script should match MusicBrainz. You can change it to match fanart.tv's I'd
Quote:All in all, great effort and am so happy it's all working and updating my music again Smile

EDIT: Oh Yeah... I'm assuming it's my brain that's the issue here, but I couldn't see any of the settings re The Scheduler. Not in the interface and not in the settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail...

Much appreciated!
The Scheduler is an add on I am releasing soon that allows you to schedule almost anything that XBMC has a built-in function for.

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-09-27

So the scheduler will void that I removed the service run from Artwork Downloaded?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-09-27

Updated to 2.7.5, removed the line from addon.xml for OpenELEC, updated database from within CDArt Manager but still having the following issue...

(2012-09-18, 22:53)TheRed Wrote: I posted about the following issue a short while back and I've finally got round to trying to provide the correct type of log to help see what the issue is.

The problem is that I am unable to download CD art. When an apparent match is found it displays the missing artwork image instead, it appears. I'll try to explain in more detail using a specific artist/album/cdart.

I have an album by the artist Drake, that album is Take Care. I have the deluxe version so because of the additional information in the ID3 tags (the deluxe suffix etc) I have set the correct MBID/Release group IDs for the artist & album using CDArt Manager because the release couldn't be found automatically.

When I use CDArt Manager I navigate through the cd art menu to manually select Drake, which is highlighted green. CDArt Manager returns the name of the album (Take Care) but displays this image. Fanart.tv has the artwork available for the album as you can see here.

I pressed enter to confirm the cd art choice anyway to see if it was just a display issue and would download the correct cd art regardless. Alas, when playing the album in XBMC, this image is displayed as the cd art.

If I've produced the correct log this time then this log is me doing what I've described above.

This happens on all albums that have the cd art available on fanart.tv. If fanart.tv doesn't have the cd art available then CDArt Manager will not display anything when I select an artist via the cdart menu in CDArt Manager. If I've explained that sufficiently.

I'm running OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 7(1.95.7) [XBMC-Eden], and I have removed the appropriate line of code from CDArt Manager 2.7.4 to enable it to run with OpenELEC.

Any advice/resolution would be much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-27

(2012-09-27, 17:29)Martijn Wrote: So the scheduler will void that I removed the service run from Artwork Downloaded?

Yep. I added Artwork Downloader to the system as a built in. Tried to copy the Service setup you already had... Details will follow.. Smile

(2012-09-27, 21:21)TheRed Wrote: Updated to 2.7.5, removed the line from addon.xml for OpenELEC, updated database from within CDArt Manager but still having the following issue...

(2012-09-18, 22:53)TheRed Wrote: I posted about the following issue a short while back and I've finally got round to trying to provide the correct type of log to help see what the issue is.

The problem is that I am unable to download CD art. When an apparent match is found it displays the missing artwork image instead, it appears. I'll try to explain in more detail using a specific artist/album/cdart.

I have an album by the artist Drake, that album is Take Care. I have the deluxe version so because of the additional information in the ID3 tags (the deluxe suffix etc) I have set the correct MBID/Release group IDs for the artist & album using CDArt Manager because the release couldn't be found automatically.

When I use CDArt Manager I navigate through the cd art menu to manually select Drake, which is highlighted green. CDArt Manager returns the name of the album (Take Care) but displays this image. Fanart.tv has the artwork available for the album as you can see here.

I pressed enter to confirm the cd art choice anyway to see if it was just a display issue and would download the correct cd art regardless. Alas, when playing the album in XBMC, this image is displayed as the cd art.

If I've produced the correct log this time then this log is me doing what I've described above.

This happens on all albums that have the cd art available on fanart.tv. If fanart.tv doesn't have the cd art available then CDArt Manager will not display anything when I select an artist via the cdart menu in CDArt Manager. If I've explained that sufficiently.

I'm running OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 7(1.95.7) [XBMC-Eden], and I have removed the appropriate line of code from CDArt Manager 2.7.4 to enable it to run with OpenELEC.

Any advice/resolution would be much appreciated.

I find this still very strange as I have made sure that I had the same album on my system and every thing worked fine. You did set the setting how I said to in the message for 2.7.5, before the update? Could you send me the database file again. thanx

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2012-09-28

ARGH!

So I worked out something that's been driving me crazy! I know why I was having issues with manual entry. Not sure if it's due to Aeon MQ3 and MQ4 or the cdART Manager, but when I enter the MBID and it asks me if it's correct, the default is "yes", which is actually 'no'. If I change the screen to say "no" it adds it and moves on.

This wil solve most of my issues, as I can now add things manually!!! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-28, 00:28)slandells Wrote: ARGH!

So I worked out something that's been driving me crazy! I know why I was having issues with manual entry. Not sure if it's due to Aeon MQ3 and MQ4 or the cdART Manager, but when I enter the MBID and it asks me if it's correct, the default is "yes", which is actually 'no'. If I change the screen to say "no" it adds it and moves on.

This wil solve most of my issues, as I can now add things manually!!! Big Grin

Might be an error in cdART Manager(I do put the labels in.. Smile )

I'll add that to the things to check

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-09-28

Hi giftie,

I tried your new release and there is only one problem as I see. When I try to download images for a categorie (Fanart for example) and there is nothing new to download, the popup that said "0 were downloaded" doesn't appear....

Another one is when a new image is downloaded, we don't see the progress bar of the new download in the popup, it still locked on a black popup and pass to the other artist, etc.

I hope I'm clear, sorry for this english Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-27, 21:56)giftie Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 17:29)Martijn Wrote: So the scheduler will void that I removed the service run from Artwork Downloaded?

Yep. I added Artwork Downloader to the system as a built in. Tried to copy the Service setup you already had... Details will follow.. Smile

Could I ask you to not do that.
I removed the service with a very good reason. I want to keep the API calls way down. You adding that back in void the whole point of that.

AW: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cirkator - 2012-09-28

(2012-09-27, 13:14)slandells Wrote: - When manually selecting an HD ClearLogo it appears to download OK, but sits at 100%. Only way to move was to close XBMC altogether.

I am getting the same error. Everything else seems to work!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - lrusak - 2012-09-28

Does cdArt manager work with Frodo and mysql?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-28, 16:01)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:56)giftie Wrote:

Could I ask you to not do that.
I removed the service with a very good reason. I want to keep the API calls way down. You adding that back in void the whole point of that.

No problem. Will do.
(2012-09-28, 23:17)lrusak Wrote: Does cdArt manager work with Frodo and mysql?

It is database independent and runs on the newest monthly(alpha6 and newer)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-27, 21:56)giftie Wrote: I find this still very strange as I have made sure that I had the same album on my system and every thing worked fine. You did set the setting how I said to in the message for 2.7.5, before the update? Could you send me the database file again. thanx

If you mean these instructions:

(2012-09-27, 07:02)giftie Wrote: As promised the next test release:

[...]

To fix the errors that may have been introduced by the change on MusicBrainz do the following
- Set 'Enable MusicBrainz ID update during Addon Database update' to on
- Set 'Check Database MBID's to be current during an Update' to on
- Then preform a database update. The script should fix the MBID's that have extra info.

...then yep, followed them and still the same error.

Forgive my ignorance but when you say database file what file do you want? In .xbmc/userdata/Database I have Addons.db, Addons15.db, MyMusic7.db, MyMusic18.db, MyPrograms3.db and MyPrograms6.db etc etc.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 15:18)TheRed Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:56)giftie Wrote: I find this still very strange as I have made sure that I had the same album on my system and every thing worked fine. You did set the setting how I said to in the message for 2.7.5, before the update? Could you send me the database file again. thanx

If you mean these instructions:

(2012-09-27, 07:02)giftie Wrote: As promised the next test release:

[...]

To fix the errors that may have been introduced by the change on MusicBrainz do the following
- Set 'Enable MusicBrainz ID update during Addon Database update' to on
- Set 'Check Database MBID's to be current during an Update' to on
- Then preform a database update. The script should fix the MBID's that have extra info.

...then yep, followed them and still the same error.

Forgive my ignorance but when you say database file what file do you want? In .xbmc/userdata/Database I have Addons.db, Addons15.db, MyMusic7.db, MyMusic18.db, MyPrograms3.db and MyPrograms6.db etc etc.

The database file I am talking about is the l_cdart.db found in userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager. This is the database for the script.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 16:47)giftie Wrote: The database file I am talking about is the l_cdart.db found in userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager. This is the database for the script.

...as requested