Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mogodon - 2012-10-16

I think the problem I have is that restarting doesn't work properly on the current beta of OpenElec, hence im restarting manually and losing the log. I'll just make sure I copy it out before powering down this time.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gaskell1066 - 2012-10-16

I know this may sound like a dumb question but i have only had XMBC installed for 2 days and i am just setting everything up. whenever i go into CDart manager it states Music Database is missing how do i create one there appears to be no option to do this?? only update

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-16, 22:49)gaskell1066 Wrote: I know this may sound like a dumb question but i have only had XMBC installed for 2 days and i am just setting everything up. whenever i go into CDart manager it states Music Database is missing how do i create one there appears to be no option to do this?? only update

Thanks

Use the "Refresh" Database option. This could be better worded as (hint, hint) "Create Add-On Database". Refresh does "Refresh" the database if it already exists, or creates it if it doesn't. For big libraries you may prefer to go to the add-on settings and select "Background Database Build" to still allow you to use / navigate XBMC, but beware of the fact that there is no "OK" prompt once database creation completes with this way of doing things. It will flash up a message, but only for 2 seconds. Also, background database building *may* take longer than doing it via the "refresh" method. Above suggestions based on personal experience.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-16, 22:49)gaskell1066 Wrote: I know this may sound like a dumb question but i have only had XMBC installed for 2 days and i am just setting everything up. whenever i go into CDart manager it states Music Database is missing how do i create one there appears to be no option to do this?? only update

Thanks

What this means is that XBMC's Music Library is missing. After you have added your music sources to XBMC you need to scan them into the library. To do this is bring up the Context Menu while having your Music Source selected. Guide on the remote, C - on a keyboard. When the context menu is up, select the scan into library option. Once this is complete, then start cdART Manager. The script will build it's database then.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mogodon - 2012-10-17

Just got home to discover the database created fine this time and im now happily downloading art. The only thing I did differently was to set the illegal characters to be replaced by underscores. It must have been choking on AC/DC or similar.

Thanks Giftie for all your assistance.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - WolvesPhil - 2012-10-18

Hi,
This addon looks impressive.

I've spent a couple of days trying to get cdart but so far no luck. I have created my database and when going to Automatic Download on the cdart nothing happens. Then doing a search by artist - I get a notification saying not found on fanart.tv - however searching the website I can see that it is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Albums are currently stored in Albums\Artist - Album Name\filename.ext

I also tried Music\Artist\Album\filename.ext

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mutley1896 - 2012-10-18

Hi, I can second the above post.

Notification: artist not found on Fanart.tv

Has been working ok, but tried today and got the error.

Mike

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-14, 12:44)Ajedi Wrote: Yes it worked! thanks for that.

One question, with the addon u have the option when you choose for automatic download for 1. album artist 2. all artist
The Album artist works, but when i select all artist it does nothing. Why is this?

(2012-10-14, 20:49)Lock70 Wrote:
(2012-10-14, 12:44)Ajedi Wrote: Yes it worked! thanks for that.

One question, with the addon u have the option when you choose for automatic download for 1. album artist 2. all artist
The Album artist works, but when i select all artist it does nothing. Why is this?

Same Problem here. when i press Enter at Automatik update nothing happen. Sorry for my english.

Do you have the setting 'Add all artists to Database during build or update' enabled? If yes, have you updated your Addon Database?
(2012-10-17, 19:42)mogodon Wrote: Just got home to discover the database created fine this time and im now happily downloading art. The only thing I did differently was to set the illegal characters to be replaced by underscores. It must have been choking on AC/DC or similar.

Thanks Giftie for all your assistance.

The strange part is the the replacing illegal character with underscores only comes into play with downloading. So I'm still not sure what happened...

(2012-10-18, 15:24)WolvesPhil Wrote: Hi,
This addon looks impressive.

I've spent a couple of days trying to get cdart but so far no luck. I have created my database and when going to Automatic Download on the cdart nothing happens. Then doing a search by artist - I get a notification saying not found on fanart.tv - however searching the website I can see that it is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Albums are currently stored in Albums\Artist - Album Name\filename.ext

I also tried Music\Artist\Album\filename.ext

(2012-10-18, 19:06)mutley1896 Wrote: Hi, I can second the above post.

Notification: artist not found on Fanart.tv

Has been working ok, but tried today and got the error.

Mike

Sometime communication between the site and the script does not happen. Also if you had built your addon database with 2.7.4 and below, you need to follow the instructions on the first page, regarding updating the database(found under the link for ver. 2.7.5)

Also, if you are still having problems, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page. -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031&pid=566651#pid566651

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-14, 12:48)Ghostdivision Wrote: The programs working quite well for me, just out of curiosity i cant remember if you discussed this, but is their any plans to add a one button does all option? Such as hitting a button updates the database, and gets all available art?

Thanks.

I'm not going to add a button to the script, there are too many as it is. Smile But since ver. 2.7.3 you could start the script in a background mode to download all the artwork.

The code I added allows it to be coded onto a remote/keyboard button, or onto a skin button. Also when I release my next script(with in the next week) The Scheduler, you will be able to schedule the script to download on it's own through out the week, so the button will not be needed anyways. The script has the ability to do a lot of things in the background since 2.7.3(just need to read some of the change log) Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - WolvesPhil - 2012-10-19

All working now, appears I was running 2.6.5 from the repo but installed 2.7.5 as mentioned above and it now does its thing.

Thanks giftie, your next script sounds pretty interesting too :-)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-10-19

What option should I be selecting to add new artists to the database without losing my corrections?

I add an album to the XBMC music DB, but when I go into CDArt Manager that artist/album isn't listed. Whenever I select update / refresh within CDArt Manager all my MBID corrections/additions, for artists the script can't find a match for, disappear. Have I missed a setting or am I not selecting the correct option from the menus?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-20

(2012-10-19, 20:16)TheRed Wrote: What option should I be selecting to add new artists to the database without losing my corrections?

I add an album to the XBMC music DB, but when I go into CDArt Manager that artist/album isn't listed. Whenever I select update / refresh within CDArt Manager all my MBID corrections/additions, for artists the script can't find a match for, disappear. Have I missed a setting or am I not selecting the correct option from the menus?

cdART Manager should not care what the MBID is during an update, unless Check MBID's is turn on in settings, which cdART Manager will send the MBID store in the database to MusicBrainz then MusicBrainz will send back the current MBID(Beyonce is one I know for sure that will get a new MBID if you have changed it to match the one on Fanart.TV) I could also have messed something up in the manual editing section of the code that causes the Artist or Artist/Album combination, no to be matched during an update. Though I don't think so.. All the script looks to match is XBMC's ID(how it is stored in XBMC's Music Library) and the Artist name(for Artists) For Albums there are a few more details, XBMC's ID, Path, Whether it has cdART or Cover, disc #, Album Title and Album Artist, need to match between XBMC's Library and cdART Manager's database(well not cover art, cdART or disc #, the script discovers these for itself)

If you want to help me out, you can do the following:

- make sure you have the setting 'Backup addon database during update' enabled <- this will make a duplicate of you present database before it starts the update(so you don't lose your edits during the testing)
- Turn Off the setting 'Check Database MBID's to be current during udate'
- enable XBMC's Debugging
- start cdART Manager
- preform an update.

If you edits are gone, please post a copy of your debug log. I might need a copy of the two databases as well to see the differences.

Also to get you database back(with the edits) just rename the backup copy(it will look something like this 'l_cdart-10-19-2012-1925.bak' ie date and time) back to l_cdart.db(these will be found in you userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - mutley1896 - 2012-10-20

Thanks giftie the update worked for me.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TheRed - 2012-10-20

giftie, XBMC crashed for me last night and when I rebooted most of the settings for XBMC had been reset (skin settings, audio output settings etc) so I need to set all that up again. When it comes to CDArt Manager, I'll try and do what you asked. 4 kids means this may be pushed to the back of my mind but I'll get round to it. Basically I'm leaving this message here as a little reminder to myself Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - megaskywarp - 2012-10-21

fellas I'm not sure what I did, but an hour ago I had 600 artists, 1000 discs, and 1000 arts, and now I have 0, 0, 0 and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. Is there a way to point the manager to my music directory? I'm not sure what the difference is between Update XBMC's Music Database and Update Database in Modify Local Database?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!