Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-10-28

(2012-10-28, 20:53)Mizaki Wrote: I don't know if you've fixed this one already. Downloading a single album cover:
Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'pDialog' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1240, in onClick
  message, d_success, is_canceled = download_art( url, cdart_path, database_id, "cover", "manual", 0 )
File "/home/bob/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/download.py", line 205, in download_art
  pDialog.close()
NameError: global name 'pDialog' is not defined
I think I caught that one already, but it made me look for other places I missed changing the old code and found about 5 other places. Smile Thanks...

Quote:Also, is it possible to give an artist name or MBID for auto run? So: autoall/autocover?<artist name/MBID/album name/release id>

I'm looking to integrate it the same as artwork downloader so people can just click a button on an artist's info or album page.

Not yet. The script will soon accept XBMC Library ID's for albums and artist. I think the Frodo version of Artwork Downloader is using this as well. It provides the most acurate match and path(for album artwork) The Library ID is available to skins via the ListItem.DBID(I worked hard to get that pull request accepted for Frodo Smile ) and has been always available to JSON-RPC. At the moment XBMC does not have the MBID's fully integrated(It should be post Frodo though) I will add the ability to accept an MBID be used as well, as I already have code for the script to use available Artist MBID's and Release MBID's(to find the Release Group MBID).

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mizaki - 2012-10-29

That's great, thanks. Library ID will be no problem for me as I use the JSONRPC Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2012-10-30

I decided to check out the latest versions, just out of curiosity since I have been hoping for scheduling or automation of this program.

I noticed the following

- Add - skin property for scheduler service script
- Add - ability to update database from outside of script
- Add - cache fanart.tv data for when The Scheduler is used(adjustable, preset to 3 days, but adjustable from 1 to 7)

Do these features allow you to schedule cdart to run? And is their any information on how I can do this?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ghostdivision - 2012-10-30

Nevermind found it in the post (sounds great!)

"The Scheduler is an add on I am releasing soon that allows you to schedule almost anything that XBMC has a built-in function for."

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - shaktoo - 2012-11-01

giftie.. I am having a strange encounter with cdartmanager... recently I wanted to rfresh addon database.. I dunno what I did but all my addon database was gone , was only showing 6 artists / albums .. I have been for the last 3 days trying to restore --- unsuccessfully--- then re scraping all my addon data again .. to no avail.. I deleted the whole database ( addon) xbmc music database is fine.. deleted the addon.. reinstalled ..tried building up the database again but again nothing .. was still not showing up anything ?..What Am I doing wrong ? should it not be straightforward like if I replace the backup addon data ( .BAK to .db ) then it should do the trick .. yet its not doing anythting .. after 4 nights days of constantly running and trying to build up a full database .. still have gotten nowhere.. HELP !!!
I am trying one last time to build up database ( it goes through cycle of building addon database ---->MBID's---getting missing MBID's & then Zilch !)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - biochip - 2012-11-01

Hi,
How is going with new relese? Can I dowload it somewere?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Tomkun - 2012-11-02

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in a search so here goes:

Is it possible to have CDart for multi disk albums without having each disk in a sub-directory? I ask because I use iTunes to organise my music folder and it tends to have all the tracks in one directory.

If it's not possible to do this, does anybody know how I might change itunes behaviour?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - shaktoo - 2012-11-03

the last one did it.. have built up my addon database again.. but just to report it.. the feature to restore addon database from backup did not work

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-11-03

The new version v2.7.6 is working great so far on yesterdays alpha7 snapshot.

There are some oddities in the log. But nothing related to cdART Manager Script as far as I can tell.

Great work as always, really appreciate all your time and effort you put into this Smile

If you need specific functions tested, I would be happy to help.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-03

Nice to see some have found the new release.. I forgot to finish the reply last night... Here is the link and info...

New release -> https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/script.cdartmanager/script.cdartmanager.2.7.6.zip

Changes
Code:
- Fix - Single artwork download
- Fix - clean up recognized artist code
- Change - skip artist if Distant MBID is missing, no point bugging fanart.tv for something it already reported that it does not have.
- Add - Use internal XBMC Library MBID's if available
- Fix - Frodo changes
- Add - option to enable/disable replacing trailing period with illegal character replacement character

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - brabax22 - 2012-11-03

Is it true that in actual release i cannot find the menu item for database generation in background? How should i do database generation in background yet?

(2012-11-03, 15:41)solidsatras Wrote: The new version v2.7.6 is working great so far on yesterdays alpha7 snapshot.

There are some oddities in the log. But nothing related to cdART Manager Script as far as I can tell.

Great work as always, really appreciate all your time and effort you put into this Smile

If you need specific functions tested, I would be happy to help.

Doesn't look to major, I added a new MusicBrainz function, but forgot to add the delay to keep the MusicBrainz calls to 1 per second, they allow 22 per 20 seconds(odd number) and on you system it was at times hitting 22.8 times per 20 sec. So a small time delay will take care of that. The other errors are just classic Windows keeping files locked, I don't think it causes a problem, since it allows the file to get overwritten, just not deleted.. Smile

(2012-11-03, 18:47)brabax22 Wrote: Is it true that in actual release i cannot find the menu item for database generation in background? How should i do database generation in background yet?

You only need to build the database once, then update when you add music. I did remove the function from settings, though the script will still do background building.

Right at this moment, you can create a button on a skin to do so, but it is not the easiest to do.

(2012-11-03, 03:55)shaktoo Wrote: the last one did it.. have built up my addon database again.. but just to report it.. the feature to restore addon database from backup did not work

Do you mean, the restore from backup option in the script? This is just an artwork restore(actually just a cdART artwork restore.) It restores from the backup folder to you music path.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - brabax22 - 2012-11-03

I have to do the initial build - but it need such a long time to run (70T Titles, 10T Albums), so background build is the only way to let xbmc useable for my family :-)

(2012-11-03, 19:05)brabax22 Wrote: I have to do the initial build - but it need such a long time to run (70T Titles, 10T Albums), so background build is the only way to let xbmc useable for my family :-)

I'll put out my Scheduler addon today and give you the instructions for adding the Background database building.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-04

Hey folks, I just released The Scheduler. This is a service add-on that will allow you to automatically download artwork and automatically update the add-on database.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144378